BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

2 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I think we will massively regret selling Nyambe.

The same people hating on Nyambe are the same that said Raya is shite.

That’s not strictly accurate is it. Ryan is not bigger then the club and for me isn’t worth the kind of money he is allegedly seeking on the advice of his agent. His issue is this if he doesn’t get a move this window and Rovers invest in the Dutch player then he finds himself out of the team and at a loose end- 2 ways he won’t want to get injured for one and why do a rovers rely on a player who is leaving ? 

1 minute ago, 1864roverite said:

That’s not strictly accurate is it. Ryan is not bigger then the club and for me isn’t worth the kind of money he is allegedly seeking on the advice of his agent. His issue is this if he doesn’t get a move this window and Rovers invest in the Dutch player then he finds himself out of the team and at a loose end- 2 ways he won’t want to get injured for one and why do a rovers rely on a player who is leaving ? 

So go on, what kind of money is he allegedly seeking on the advice of his agent?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I guess this is where 1 million was mentioned. Yes I should bloody well hope we do value him at 'more than 1 million'.

Screenshot_20220107-180829_Samsung Internet.jpg

Hopefully this is just mind games, Like the time we put an official 4 million bid in for Cantona in the mid 90s just to piss man u off after they spent the summer trying to unsettle Shearer (hahaha that was funny)

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 5

We shouldn't selling anyone from this main squad apart from Magloire and maybe loan Butterworth or JRC out for 6 months  

The club response to any offers for our key players should be told to where to go and they aren't for sale at any price. 

• Like 2

Just now, bluebruce said:

So go on, what kind of money is he allegedly seeking on the advice of his agent?

I'm fairly sure it won't be anywhere near as much as Rothwell is allegedly seeking! 

Funnily enough no-one seems to have any criticism of the other two for trying to get what they think they're worth though.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Hopefully this is just mind games, Like the time we put an official 4 million bid in for Cantona in the mid 90s just to piss man u off after they spent the summer trying to unsettle Shearer (hahaha that was funny)

Hopefully more like that and less like when we actually signed Duncan Shearer!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'm fairly sure it won't be anywhere near as much as Rothwell is allegedly seeking! 

Funnily enough no-one seems to have any criticism of the other two for trying to get what they think they're worth though.

Because nambys just a very average championship level right back and he wouldn't even have a career if rovers hadn't brought him through the ranks and stuck by him when he first came into the first team and he was absolutely awful.

3 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Because nambys just a very average championship level right back and he wouldn't even have a career if rovers hadn't brought him through the ranks and stuck by him when he first came into the first team and he was absolutely awful.

In your opinion, of course. Let's not state it as fact.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I think you must have been drinking this afternoon, we're 3rd in the table and from the Club's point of view there's no distinction between the three. 

They've all been absolutely integral to our success this season and we'd get next to nothing for any of them were they to leave in January.

13 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I am not prepared to divulge what I have been told, and no it’s not SW or from anyone inside the club, nor is it an itk source on here, paper, media or speculative, it’s from sports legal circles and that will forever remain undisclosed. He isn’t on a fabulous ‘footballers’ salary but the figures now quoted are way off from what Rovers value and are just not realistic. 

It’s slightly different stories with 2 others and as I understand some albeit small, movement has been made either way and work continues whereas the talks with RN are stale. 

That’s all I am prepared to say on this matter but it seems as though Rovers may have drawn the line with his advisors who think they are somehow able to make these unrealistic demands because if they do expect the alleged salary they are in for a shock and to note, not a single club has come in for him YET and I suspect any similar clubs like us will also baulk at the demands. Add this to the fact he is very injury prone and you can see why !

I hope he does sign but I won’t cry if he finds himself out of the team because we have invested.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Annoyingly, he tends to be pretty reliable and isn't just Twitter clickbait.

£1million is neither use nor ornament to us for Rothwell if we're serious about going up. The fact that it's Bournemouth just underscores how dreadful it would be to accept that sort of deal (or any deal from them).

I don’t think we’ll sell him to Bournemouth - would be promotion suicide 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I think you must have been drinking this afternoon, we're 3rd in the table and from the Club's point of view there's no distinction between the three. 

They've all been absolutely integral to our success this season and we'd get next to nothing for any of them were they to leave in January.

No fella! I've been out working thanks!!

right backs are relatively easy to replace, creative midfielders like Rothwell are not. I think Souter would be a good long term replacement for Lenihan should he leave, but with Lenihan being the captain it would be silly to even think of letting him go at this stage.

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Because the other two would be REALLY hard to replace and have a high resale. So we see the value in paying them more….whereas Nyambe is a decent Champ defender and will be replaced easily prob by this Zeefuik.

Its not difficult this.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I am not prepared to divulge what I have been told, and no it’s not SW or from anyone inside the club, nor is it an itk source on here, paper, media or speculative, it’s from sports legal circles and that will forever remain undisclosed. He isn’t on a fabulous ‘footballers’ salary but the figures now quoted are way off from what Rovers value and are just not realistic. 

That's purely your own subjective opinion though because you don't rate RN.

If Rovers do indeed have a relatively modest wage cap of £15k  by Championship standards I'd say RN is definitely worth that or thereabouts as a senior member of the squad.

You would no doubt disagree because you don't rate him as highly. 

Has Steve Waggott asked you to come on here and consistently run RN down because talks "have gone stale"?

2 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Because the other two would be REALLY hard to replace and have a high resale. So we see the value in paying them more….whereas Nyambe is a decent Champ defender and will be replaced easily prob by this Zeefuik.

Its not difficult this.

Again, your subjective opinion.

I strongly disagree. Lenihan wouldn't be hard to replace per se we could replace him with Souttar for example. 

Souttar might not do as well but then a Nyambe replacement probably wouldn't do as well as RN either.

Ideally, for me, Nyambe will get his move to the prem this window and we sign a first team rb. I think Nyambe is solid, does ok, but has his limitations. Sometimes players want a move away, you can’t keep them all happy and that’s fine. However, TMs comments on him recently suggest there is a frustration creeping in now. Rothwell and Lenihan I still feel could be persuaded to stay so I’m not sure there is that frustration just yet. If Nyambe he is replaced with Zeefuik and he does ok I’ll be more than happy. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

It’s slightly different stories with 2 others and as I understand some albeit small, movement has been made either way and work continues whereas the talks with RN are stale. 

That’s all I am prepared to say on this matter but it seems as though Rovers may have drawn the line with his advisors who think they are somehow able to make these unrealistic demands because if they do expect the alleged salary they are in for a shock and to note, not a single club has come in for him YET and I suspect any similar clubs like us will also baulk at the demands. Add this to the fact he is very injury prone and you can see why !

I hope he does sign but I won’t cry if he finds himself out of the team because we have invested.

All speculation. We dont know what he is demanding or what he is on. Im guessing that Nyambe hasnt told you directly so no one can be sure if any rumours are true regarding those figures.

5 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Its not difficult this.

Have you seen much of Zeefuik to be able to suggest that he will easily probably replace Nyambe?