BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

34 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I don’t know if this has already been posted but told that Zeefuik is done. Been at The Avenue for a few days apparently. Financials and particulars sorted just a work permit thing apparently

Do you forsee any issues with a permit with regards the new points system. I'm guessing the fact he's played in the bundesliga will be a strong case 

1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Amad Diallo from Utd was off to Birmingham on loan but it’s collapsed. Would be a fantastic Poveda replacement.

4 or 5 teams interested apparently. 

I'd like to think we're one but we don't seem to have much of a relationship with united in recent seasons, more their blue neighbours. 

15 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Amad Diallo from Utd was off to Birmingham on loan but it’s collapsed. Would be a fantastic Poveda replacement.

Nixon reckons Elanga is being touted to championship clubs he would be better than Diallo imo.

United would want guaranteed playing time for either of those 2 though

14 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

The problem is the salary cap. Once it's in place you can't break it for one player, especially for a full back(regardless of how you rate him!)  because if you do then you'll have the agent of every senior player at the club demanding a pay raise the next day. 

But! the way I see it.... When the salary cap was put in place I don't believe anybody at the club thought we'd be looking at much more than a top half finish this season, So now the club needs to have a rethink and really should raise the cap by a few grand for regular 1st team players since we have a very good possibility of promotion(and the riches that brings) 

I'm quietly confident things will work out right, it's just as always with our owners nothing ever happens or changes with any sense of urgency, but if things can be sorted out in the next week thatvwould be greatvfor moral and hopefully we can hit the ground running again at our nect league game. 

I doubt they were ever looking at having to break the salary cap for Nyambe.  Or even match it that's just another urban myth thats been chucked around. The lad is probably on 5k pwk or less and i think if he was asking for 15/20 grand they'd have bounced him through the door way before now.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Diallo and Elanga both lack in senior playing time. It would take weeks to bring them up to speed. 

Do we need anyone in foward areas to be immediately called upon? 

Elanga would be a great option to have .At the minute we couldnt be dropping Brererton, Buckley or Khedra from the starting line up.

Most players available for loan or transfer that are likely to come within budget will most likely be lacking in playing time.

• Like 1

I wonder if Samba still has contacts at Hertha or if he offered any input regarding Zeefuik? Looking forward to him coming in, even if Nyambe did somehow end up staying. Its our weakest position regardless so we need at least 1 new option there.

4 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

It wouldn't hurt. Competition for places, options off the bench and as yesterday showed, some of the fringe players aren't necessarily up to scratch.

Plus Gallagher looks to be out injured again.

Yeah but what i meant is to start games.Elanga has been in and around united squad im sure he would have the required fitness for 45 minutes or 30 to contribute.

Admittedly my viewing of him has been limited but going off what i have seen and what iv read he looks to have the ability that would trouble defenders at this level.

In the immediate we dont need someone to come in and start ,if he is more talented than the alternative then i wouldnt be against signing him even if it takes 3/4 weeks before he is ready to start or last 90 minutes

5 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Yeah, was a strange comment from @K-Hod.

My stance is pretty much the same as every other I’ve read on here. I like Nyambe, he’s a decent Championship fullback and I’d like him to stay….but, of the three who are about to be out of contract, in my opinion, he is the least skilled, least impactive, holds the least value and is the easiest to replace. There’s many many wing backs out there who can do the same / more than him and won’t break the bank.

Now I appreciate that this opinion won’t be shared by all but I’m unsure why it would infuriate them. It’s not unreasonable.

Back to transfers in…looks like some might be fairly imminent. Anymore on the radar now other than Zeefuik, Souttar, Hedges, Burke and the Leeds loan winger? 

Point missed completely regarding that particular poster, and no doubt a few others but I'm sure you realise what's going on.

We also all know your position on Nyambe and you can repeat it as often as you want and no doubt I'll rebut it every time you do so because In my opinion you are completely wrong.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JoeH said:

I don’t know if this has already been posted but told that Zeefuik is done. Been at The Avenue for a few days apparently. Financials and particulars sorted just a work permit thing apparently

If it goes through, good news if that's the back up RB/RWB sorted.

Pretty terrible news if he's Nyambe's replacement this month.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

If it goes through, good news if that's the back up RB/RWB sorted.

Pretty terrible news if he's Nyambe's replacement this month.

I think it's a joke if we sell Nyambe who fits into the team perfectly and has been a key factor in us keeping clean sheets.

People forget if we keep a clean sheet we can't lose. People have also been begging for a good solid defence for years, we have it right now, and we're about to lose it when Nyambe is inevitably sold.

• Like 7

The interesting thing will be what Rovers (Waggott, Shadow Man and Mowbray) do re. Nyambe now that they have 3 weeks to get some money for him or he goes for nothing.

Whatever the reasons it is clear that unless Rovers change their approach he won't be staying.

The awkward part is the league position and the fact that Nyambe has been a central part of the team and defence that has been the best in the league over the last couple of months.

It is awkward because you start changing that - as we saw yesterday - and things can rapidly unravel. 

All very well bringing in a replacement but you'd be doing well to find someone who is going to improve what we've had since November. 

The 'loan with a view to buy' is typical Waggott. No cash required now, an option without commitment to pay down the line. 

Always tomorrow, just like all his other plans and claims.

If Rovers are keen to claw in some money now then they do so taking a huge risk at a critical time. The other obstacle is that interested parties may well just wait 5 months and get him for nothing than pay cash now. Therefore expect to see increasing attempts by Rovers to push him out now. This will include public advertisements as to his availability, mysterious injuries and absences and rumours of unhappiness. Text book stuff its been going on here for the last 10 years.

Best get used to it folks because unless we get promoted there's going to be the same thing happening with Kaminski, Lenihan, Travis and Buckley in the next 18 months.

Amazing they must all be making unreasonable demands and have daft agents. Or maybe the problem is at Rovers end?

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The interesting thing will be what Rovers (Waggott, Shadow Man and Mowbray) do re. Nyambe now that they have 3 weeks to get some money for him or he goes for nothing.

Whatever the reasons it is clear that unless Rovers change their approach he won't be staying.

The awkward part is the league position and the fact that Nyambe has been a central part of the team and defence that has been the best in the league over the last couple of months.

It is awkward because you start changing that - as we saw yesterday - and things can rapidly unravel. 

All very well bringing in a replacement but you'd be doing well to find someone who is going to improve what we've had since November. 

The 'loan with a view to buy' is typical Waggott. No cash required now, an option without commitment to pay down the line. 

Always tomorrow, just like all his other plans and claims.

If Rovers are keen to claw in some money now then they do so taking a huge risk at a critical time. The other obstacle is that interested parties may well just wait 5 months and get him for nothing than pay cash now. Therefore expect to see increasing attempts by Rovers to push him out now. This will include public advertisements as to his availability, mysterious injuries and absences and rumours of unhappiness. Text book stuff its been going on here for the last 10 years.

Best get used to it folks because unless we get promoted there's going to be the same thing happening with Kaminski, Lenihan, Travis and Buckley in the next 18 months.

Amazing they must all be making unreasonable demands and have daft agents. Or maybe the problem is at Rovers end?

Spot on. 

Crazy people starting to trust the management after the past 3-4 years of the Conventrio.

Let's also not forget they had Dack sold before he was injured.

The lack of Armstrong replacement too.

The performances hiding what a shambolic job they are doing.

Edited by RoversClitheroe
  • Like 5