BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

46 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Bobby Mimms did great when he was here. He’s currently out of work.

Would be a big advancement on Benson. 

Last I heard, Mimms was working at Norwich?

21 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Taylor Harwood Bellis joining Stoke according to their local media

Good signing for them, would've been all over that if one of our 4 CB's were injured.

9 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Harwood-Bellis is one of the best young players I've seen. Thought he oozed class and ability 

Stoke - really? 

I didn't think Harwood-Bellis was in the league of Aderabaiyo, which is where we need to be to go up. 

Having said that, I didn't think Lenihan, Wharton & what the Hecke would be consistently performing at Tosin's level. 

Hoping we allow the dream to develop....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

As the above poster said, surely Fisher is better than Pears?! Simply has to be.

THB will be a cracking signing for Stoke - I’m surprised a lower PL side aren’t in for him.

He has to be better than what Norwich and Newcastle have at the back 

1 hour ago, rovers11 said:

So Zeefuik looks like a done deal and a good start to the window. Loan with a fee already agreed if he does well according to some reports. He's not coming here to sit on the bench so I fully expect to see Nyambe leave for £2-3m. Fair play to him if he can get a prem move and double his wages. 

I think Hedges will come here in Jan too. Still think Burke will come here towards the end of the window. A CM loan to replace Clarkson, and a loan attacking winger to replace Poveda will prob be on the cards. 

I think we'll have a busy window. 

That would be a very illogical window too, if we signed 3 wingers considering that we dont really play with wingers!

56 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes I would ok with him cos everyone has based their opinion on the Wigan away game and forget that he played his part in keeping 3 clean sheets in the two and half games he played i. 

I am reading your comments and arguments thanks. 

We got to second in the league with this smaller squad so I feel that 3 signings is about right. in this transfer window. Carter, Butterworth, Pears, Davenport and Dolan have all played their part in getting us second in the league over 22 other teams. Also got to take in consideration upsetting the squad morale and team spirit. Plus you are expect 4 or 5 signings to settle in quickly, be fit enough and have an impact on our season. 

You were saying that in the summer about who would scored the goals at Rovers this season and some of us told you that the team would step up and perform. and guess what they have. If Mowbray wants to sign Burke then clearly he will have impact for us and has a plan how he would use him. 

Have owners increase the budget after the Armstrong sale? 

Your logic is warped. I am judging a player based on his pitiful goal record and having seen him play, do we purposely buy non scoring strikers because I didnt predict the rise of Brereton? Would Burke be a player that in your opinion we should buy? Or are you just mirroring and putting a slant on the signings we are rumoured to sign?

You are being pedantic about numbers, 3 v 4/5, will that one or two extra players totally destroy the morale? 

We havent had an outbreak of covid yet, we may do with such high levels of infection. We have been fairly lucky with injuries, we might not always be, when we have had one or two too many we lost 2 away games before an international break allowed us to patch people back up. We need to be prepared, best to be over prepared rather than under prepared.

The owners should give us a decent budget considering our league position. I doubt they will.

44 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Meanwhile....

Andy Fisher signing for Swans, no idea why Mowbray let him go and signed Pears for MONEY?!? Complete worlds apart in ability.

Absolutely agree.

Fisher also a bigger unit with far more self confidence.

Think Fisher may well play in PL one day.  Doubt Pears has a snowball's chance in hell of that happening.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, islander200 said:

What happened with Bellis loan spell in Belgium?Was he not getting enough minutes?

According to transferMarkt.com he played an average of 68 minutes in 16 out of 21 games in the league and 3 full 90 minutes in a European competition

https://www.transfermarkt.com/taylor-harwood-bellis/profil/spieler/503977

Edited by perthblue02

12 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

According to transferMarkt.com he played an average of 68 minutes in 16 out of 21 games in the league and 3 full 90 minutes in a European competition

https://www.transfermarkt.com/taylor-harwood-bellis/profil/spieler/503977

Read an article after i posted.He was late back due to some travel issue after an England u-21 game and lost his place.Only played 12 minutes after that 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Absolutely agree.

Fisher also a bigger unit with far more self confidence.

Think Fisher may well play in PL one day.  Doubt Pears has a snowball's chance in hell of that happening.

Funny, but I don’t remember anybody raving about Fisher when he was here, or up in arms when he left. 
Like I say, funny that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes I would ok with him cos everyone has based their opinion on the Wigan away game and forget that he played his part in keeping 3 clean sheets in the two and half games he played i.

Lord above. You're entitled to your opinion of course,  but no I'm absolutely not just judging him off one of the worst goalkeeping performances I've ever seen and the terribly shaky nerves he showed in that game. I'm basing it off his whole time with us so far. During which he has been crap, then average (little to do that a typical keeper wouldn't be expected to stop) and then horrific. He can't cut it here, at least not at this stage of his career.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Can we not forget RE this new RB, particular posters I won't mention names.

These people were also recommending Owen Dale based on clips they had seen on YouTube. He's failed at Blackpool and going back to Crewe.

Clips on YouTube mean absolutely nothing.

Nothing means anything until they've played in the shirt for a while. Even then they could theoretically go all Diaz, or Gresko. Even Schevchenko flopped at Chelsea. No harm in discussing what we are aware of until then. Anybody wanking themselves into a frenzy over his youtube vids is being premature though (pun intended).

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Funny, but I don’t remember anybody raving about Fisher when he was here, or up in arms when he left. 
Like I say, funny that.

Fisher is probably better than Pears, but that doesn't say much. Fisher was never going to be our number 1, so it was fair to let go at 22.

That's how the Academy is supposed to work. Producing players, some for the first team and some good enough to make a career later which result in some extra fees to the club.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Like I say, funny that.

None of that alters the fact Pears isn't good enough.

What's the Greek lad like? Can't be any worse surely. I remember people getting quite excited when he arrived - a couple for our European scouting network apparently.

Again on the basis of errrrr....... a few You Tube clips

If Nyambe was at Leeds game don't you think the media and Mr Nixon would be all over it? He isn't the kind of player that would suit Leeds style of play and he most certainly would not shift Ayling out of the team.

Leeds play a high power game going forward, RN as good as he is at defending for us and as bad as he is at finishing, crossing or the final ball, just would not get into their team nor would he likely get into any other PL team as it stands.

I hope he remains at Ewood and improves to such a standard that he gets a dream move to the top leagues, he just isn't there yet.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Like I say, funny that.

Did he get a chance and who (Mowbray or Benson or both) made the call he wasn't for us?

What bits I saw of Fisher at Rovers as he worked his way through the ranks made me think the lad had a chance.  Thought he had the attributes needed - was calm, brave, decisive and agile.  Borne out by the bits I've seen of him on tv whilst at MKD and he looked pretty useful with the ball at his feet!

Someone like @chaddyrovers must surely be able to find some of his highlights.   

20 minutes ago, briansol said:

Fisher is probably better than Pears, but that doesn't say much. Fisher was never going to be our number 1, so it was fair to let go at 22.

That's how the Academy is supposed to work. Producing players, some for the first team and some good enough to make a career later which result in some extra fees to the club.

Absolutely agree on that. 

• Like 1