BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

11 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Perhaps it could possibly be an outright signing then?....I dunno either way.

Sounds like he's staying at Sheff Utd 

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/wolves-boss-bruno-lages-encouraging-comments-on-morgan-gibbs-whites-sheffield-united-future-after-praise-for-boss-paul-heckingbottom-3521091

23 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Just to throw it out for consideration: I've heard that Rovers are interested in signing Morgan Gibbs-White.

I know nothing about him other than he's a midfielder. Whether he's any good or not, I've no idea either.

Gibbs-White is one of the best in division. Would be an incredible signing.

Not sure I can see this happening though - he’s on loan at Sheffield United and most likely on quite big wages at wolves. It’s common knowledge that wolves need to sell before they can buy - which is the only way I could see this happening. Them cutting the loan short so we can take him on a perm. How reliable is your source? 

It’s nice to see Rovers linked with some quality players, January rumours have normally been dire rumours for us in past few seasons. Seems like we are after a CM.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

So is it a player who wants to play for the club or a player that wants to move on that gets the shirt?

In the position we are in now it should be the best man for the job. Seeing as Nyambe has played his part in where we are it probably should still be him.

If the lads from Scotland join now are we dropping Lenihan and Rothwell as well ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Absolutely no proper suggestion that Nyambe doesnt want to play for the shirt. He certainly has shown that he very much is playing for the shirt. 

I presume that Lenihan and Rothwell also need to be dropped as they wont commit? 

Rovers haven’t yet signed their replacements is more to the point

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Nyambe has been performing well.He doesnt deserved to be dropped.

Zeefuik should have to earn his spot in the team

We could just use Nyambe down the wing, and Zeefuik at RB. Sorted

Why is Nyambe the only one considered a contract rebel, and why is he the only one whose commitment is questioned?

What differentiates Nyambe from Rothwell and Lenihan?

Nevermind the fact that we are again using loanees heavily, and the fact the bloody manager will be gone before these players as things stand.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

What does everyone think of Louie Sibley? Seen that Miwall have had a few bids rejected. Hasn’t been In Derby’s squad for the last few games. Only 20, think he would be a quality signing. 2 million and I think he would be ours.

The sort of Mowbray signing I’d expect really, young lad with a lot of talent who would be worth a lot more than 2 million if he develops into the player he could be. 

Big worry for the playoffs is forest at the moment… recruited well already and bid supposedly accepted for Jed Wallace and nearing one for Bowler too. They’re not gonna die wondering.

3 hours ago, islander200 said:

Nyambe has been performing well.He doesnt deserved to be dropped.

Zeefuik should have to earn his spot in the team

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

As @islander200 says, Nyambe certainly does not deserve dropping. Nothing to do with how fit Zeefuik is, Nyambe has been an important cog in a winnning team.

Guys, I was talking about Zeefuik being fit enough to play straight away which was Roversfan99 last point.

Yes he has to earned his place just like everyone in the team. Never said otherwise. 

Also is Nyambe going to fit enough to this weekend after his slight hamstring injury? Anyone heard owt? 

14 minutes ago, Butty said:

The sort of Mowbray signing I’d expect really, young lad with a lot of talent who would be worth a lot more than 2 million if he develops into the player he could be. 

Another one - Siriki Dembele. 6 months left on contract, would fit with our current style of play. Peterborough wouldn’t want to lose him now though, will be happy for him to run his contract down. Get him and Sibley we are cooking on gas.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Big worry for the playoffs is forest at the moment… recruited well already and bid supposedly accepted for Jed Wallace and nearing one for Bowler too. They’re not gonna die wondering.

Seem to have improved miles since we beat them when they were a really poor outfit. Hopefully they can make a good FA Cup run and start wearing thin.

22 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

Another one - Siriki Dembele. 6 months left on contract, would fit with our current style of play. Peterborough wouldn’t want to lose him now though, will be happy for him to run his contract down. Get him and Sibley we are cooking on gas.

Would be two excellent signings. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JBiz said:

As I said, AA was made a “very generous offer” to quote either TM or SW. 

Well they would say that wouldn't they? 

Why you simply believe it without knowing what the offer was I can't understand.

• Like 1