BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

4 minutes ago, Gav said:

I’d be interested to know why you think they’re completely different Butty?

Dack for me is more of an all action number 10. Can run at players and beat them, can set up goals and score goals from inside and outside the box. I’ve always seen Bannan as more of a midfield sitter dictating the play, he’s never scored many goals. Could Dack do that sitting role? Possibly but it wouldn’t be where he’s most effective. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Now is the right time to raid Derby of their better youngsters.

Ebosele has been very impressive and could be a decent long term nyambe replacement 

Apparantly Wigan is in for Shinnie - we should be over that

6 hours ago, 47er said:

The only one to be given an acceptable new contract! You couldn't make it up.😭

Added to the fact he was the highest paid player already, allegedly, no brained on his part to sign!

5 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

He's signed for them, sure I read it was only like 50k too, shows how desperate Derby are....

Yeah just seen. Money off the wage bill isnt it. Who is that young midfielder that always looks good when I see him?

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

He's signed for them, sure I read it was only like 50k too, shows how desperate Derby are....

£30k, but Wigan’s chairman tweeted something like it ‘wasn’t even that, nominal, think 3p’

Sounds a real mess down at Derby…

9 hours ago, 47er said:

A pretty clear evaluation of Wharton's value to us from Lancs Live:

Wharton's unbeaten streak

In the 104 league fixtures that Scott Wharton has played in his career (including play-off fixtures), the defender has lost just 22. Note that this includes loan spells at Cambridge United, Bury, Lincoln City and Northampton Town. It's staggering.

Since returning to Rovers following his successful stint with Northampton, the team have not lost any one of the 17 league matches Wharton's participated in. The fixture against Brentford in December 2020 had the potential to tarnish that record as he was stretchered off with an Achilles fracture but even on that occasion, Jacob Davenport's rescue act ensured this phenomenal streak remains intact today.

Besides just his winning mentality, Wharton's presence has fast become an imperative feature in the success of this Rovers side. He brings a balance to the defensive unit and his ability to slide a pass when Rovers are operating in their own third is crucial to alleviating pressure. It doesn't matter whether it's 15-yards through the needle to a forward or a 50-yard switch, Wharton's got the pass in his locker.

Just wait until Scott's younger brother Adam is introduced in to the first team squad.......you'll 'cream your jeans' then!

Fabulously gifted midfielder!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Now is the right time to raid Derby of their better youngsters.

Ebosele has been very impressive and could be a decent long term nyambe replacement 

What ze fuck are you thinking? Have we not already signed 2 RBs?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, skous18 said:

What about Barry Bannan anyone? We were linked with him some years ago if I remember correctly. Travis hasn’t really been up to level since that injury he got so Id be tempted to get Bannan for a season or two

Travis hasn’t been up to it yet we’re a couple of goals outside automatic promotion and kept 7 clean sheets in 8 games…

11 hours ago, Vilesinner said:

Are you mad? Trav has been excellent this season. He cleared the ball off the line on Saturday for flip sake. 

Haha, there does seem to be a few posters who confidently dismiss Travis in every game thread ("as everyone on BRFCS knows, Travis is not good enough..."), and everyone else just politely ignores them.

Edited by RoverCanada
  • Like 2