BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

2 hours ago, riverholmes said:

To start with, I guess he'll take Butterworth's place on the bench and, perhaps, his place at the club. We'll have to see if Butterworth will sign a new deal or if Rovers will even offer him one, as Transfermakt site has his contract expiring in June, though, there might be the possibility of the 1 year extension, which the club seems to insert as a standard clause. It's a shame for him, as he's shown fleeting glimpses but hasn't quite had the minutes to convince, I'd say.

I think replacing Butterworth will be a big mistake. He has stepped up this season, and his sub appearances have shown he can immediately replicate the level and quality of whoever he has replaced. His 20 min against Birmingham(?) was, for me, the perfect sub performance.

I've asked a few times why he hasn't been getting match or bench time. I think he's ready to start championship games, never mind L1. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, garnersfags said:

I think replacing Butterworth will be a big mistake. He has stepped up this season, and his sub appearances have shown he can immediately replicate the level and quality of whoever he has replaced. His 20 min against Birmingham(?) was, for me, the perfect sub performance.

I've asked a few times why he hasn't been getting match or bench time. I think he's ready to start championship games, never mind L1. 

If I was him I probably would be looking to move on. Really hard to see how he gets a major role. Wonder if we will loan him as there must be pretty much zero chance of any game time between now and end of season. Markanday and Dack coming back will push him down to eighth in line for the front three spots (Brereton, Khadra, Buckley, Gallagher, Dolan, Markanday, Dack, Butterworth). 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

If I was him I probably would be looking to move on. Really hard to see how he gets a major role. Wonder if we will loan him as there must be pretty much zero chance of any game time between now and end of season. Markanday and Dack coming back will push him down to eighth in line for the front three spots (Brereton, Khadra, Buckley, Gallagher, Dolan, Markanday, Dack, Butterworth). 

Offer him a two year deal and then loan him out for the rest of the season. 

• Like 1

Butterworth has made more of a positive difference this season than Gally will do. I've not heard a single criticism of Butterworth, whereas since Gally has taken Butterworth's sub spot, his shortcomings have been constantly highlighted by us all. The attributes he brings (he's a tall athlete) are far outweighed by his inability to control his movements, or the ball. 

I was critical of Butterworth until this season, but he stepped up, just to stay in the game, and I don't think Gally will (tho I accept that I thought the same about BBD until September...)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Anybody care to guess who the striker is we are supposedly in for?

The way this window is going it’s likely to be another guy we’ve never been linked with, and therefore not Maja or Healey!

5 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Anybody care to guess who the striker is we are supposedly in for?

The way this window is going it’s likely to be another guy we’ve never been linked with, and therefore not Maja or Healey!

Shane Long on loan?  

2 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

Butterworth has made more of a positive difference this season than Gally will do. I've not heard a single criticism of Butterworth, whereas since Gally has taken Butterworth's sub spot, his shortcomings have been constantly highlighted by us all. The attributes he brings (he's a tall athlete) are far outweighed by his inability to control his movements, or the ball. 

I was critical of Butterworth until this season, but he stepped up, just to stay in the game, and I don't think Gally will (tho I accept that I thought the same about BBD until September...)

Agreed.

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

I think it’s Healy….

That’s the plan. Although I suspect it’s only because they can’t afford Maja. Then I assume a centre back. 

As I said on Friday, Markanday has signed. Formalities only now. Before anyone starts, players sign contracts subject to medical/permits/league approval. 

• Like 5

I feel like we could be setting the bar a bit higher transfer wise to get promotion. I'm not usually a fan of loans but a prem standard loan is what we need right now to make an immediate impact and improve the starting 11, ideally in CM for me. Time to roll the dice!

8 minutes ago, J*B said:

That’s the plan. Although I suspect it’s only because they can’t afford Maja. Then I assume a centre back. 

As I said on Friday, Markanday has signed. Formalities only now. Before anyone starts, players sign contracts subject to medical/permits/league approval. 

Healey from Toulouse on loan to permanent move in the summer?

44 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

Gallagher has 5 goals and 3 assists in 18 league appearances.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, garnersfags said:

I've not heard a single criticism of Butterworth

The manager made several, mainly pertaining to his fitness an ability to run throughout long periods. 

Would prefer a midfielder over a striker. Surely Brereton, Khadra, Dolan, Gallagher, Butterworth and Markanday will be more than enough competition up front.  However, in midfield if Buckley or Rothwell go down we have no replacement. 

Edited by CambridgeRover
  • Like 8

8 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Would prefer a midfielder over a striker. Surely Brereton, Khadra, Dolan, Gallagher, Butterworth and Markanday will be more than enough competition up front.  However, in midfield if Buckley or Rothwell go down we have no replacement. 

Dack used to play CM, he could take over Rothwells role if needed. Cover for Travis is more important to me, he needs some rest.

• Like 1