BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

5 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

He will probably have gone from 28k per month to 80k....so an extra 52k per month plus probably a half million signing fee....

I'd say that would get your attention.

Even more than that I couldn’t look them in the face knowing what I’d done for money. Loyalty had a price. If we where mid table it means nothing £52000 I would do it for millions because I like to feel proud o  FC myself 

• Backroom
23 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Calm down Mike, you're acting like  a bride jilted at the altar.

I am! I've been feeling smug all season after backing him through 3 years of mediocrity.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

What's your plan when Rothwell, Dack, Dolan, Brereton, Markanday, Poveda and Pickering are injured?

You can't just go signing players because you have a wage budget to adhere to and those players will come back at some point. 

Giles is a massive upgrade for us - if we can start nicking some goals from his set pieces with Wharton / Ayala / Van Hecke and continue to keep clean sheets we'll be there or there abouts with how well this defence is playing.

Dack and Poveda have been injured for months and we cannot plan on either contributing over the remainder of the season. Poveda should have gone back to Leeds.

We've always been told that Venkys will do what is needed if we are in with a sniff of promotion. So far not much evidence of that and the clock is ticking. 

We can do what we like - the wage budget is self imposed.

My view? Since last summer the club has had to wash its own face on contracts and transfer spending and Venkys have turned the taps off. This is why no contracts have been extended - because Waggott can't increase wages - and why spending has been at an absolute minimum - a couple of cheap deals, frees and loans - whilst selling another couple of substantial assets.

I'm not saying that big spending is a guarantee of anything or that turning a profit whilst strengthening the squad is bad - far from it - just that if the owners were so interested in their 'baby' and knew it was 17 games from the PL I'd perhaps expect more than we've seen culminating in a sale of our most creative player to the side directly behind us. 

I just find it interesting that we've had a decade of being told Venkys will spend to get us up and yet here we are - no sign of it and incomings set to be covered by outgoings, as I predicted they would be.

And I don't understand how Mowbray plans on paying these 23 and 24 year old proven quality players the wages they will want when we have been unable to pay our existing players the wages they want. Probably means it is nonsense and we will end up with another couple of kids or loans to replace him.

• Like 3

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Rothwell's pace and ability to glide past defenders from deep will be missed, no doubt

His goal a few weeks ago was sublime and gave us 3 points when a draw was more likely

As its stands, we're weaker without him that's for sure

Spot on Jim.  Mowbray should have told the owners that he goes if Rothwell goes.

16 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

We are still allowed our opinions Gav....cheers anyway.🙄 let's be fair, he's had a decent 6 months in the last 3 seasons....now he's a sage

Nobody said otherwise, but....

I'd go as far as to say you're not Sparks, I've never known a poster who proclaims to be involved in football get some much wrong, Mercer maybe on reflection, I hope you're better at the day job.

**In the interests of the new rules - This is tongue in cheek**

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

Just now, Gav said:

I'd go as far as to say you're not Sparks, I've never known a poster who proclaims to be involved in football get some much wrong, I hope you're better at the day job.

**In the interests of the new rules - This is tongue in cheek**

I'm used to it now mate...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

Is money everything. How empty are you. If I had £200 a week yes I would because it provides for my families needs. If I was on £10000 per week I have a choice. I am always at a loss by men who would sell themselves for money. Particularly when they have more thanthey will ever need. If you really believe that the definition of success is defined by money and that every individual can be bought by it then you really don’t appreciate that there are much more important things that define an individual than pounds. 
I don’t know Rothwell so can’t answer for him individually but if his search is for money at the expensive of the less quantifiable moral characteristics  then he will eventually find its an empty chase

Finally before you come back with the club would not be loyal argument you make your own decision on what you want to be not on what others would do.

Great post. Too many people soullessly seek money. That's understandable when you barely have any but a bit sad when you have plenty.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

So much for Rothwell not being sold before replacements come in then.

Mowbray's a lying bustard isn't he. 

I don't know who Jimmy is, but this really is getting tiresome.  Every other post is the man on the hill repeating over and over again the same thing.  Dear god. Of COURSE you tell lies to the media and other clubs.

They come, they go.....

If he completes deal to Bournemouth, although not an ideal destination from our promotion hopes point of view, then he goes.

He has been integral in getting us to 2nd in the table, and without him, we wouldnt be in second. I'm thankful for his efforts, and wish things were different and our contract offer was better and it had been signed.

Club made it clear, August, September, October and November if these deals were not signed then they would look to sell them.

Rovers sudden turn in fortunes on the pitch has complicated that stance. Waggott publically stated in radio lancs interview that the contract rebels felt they can get more money elsewhere, he stated that it was unlikely, and those contracts are no longer available, and people are not banging the door down to sign them.

In the end the club has followed through with its threat, no better terms and allegedly accepted a bid.

The player has asked to speak to them, and decided he wants out now.

I personally don't think all the blame is Joe's, we've had months to offer better terms and have chosen not to.

Lessons need to be learnt, personally i'd have never let him join a promotion rival in this window, but its not my job to pay the bills.

New hero's will step up, one player dont make a team, we get our attacking players fit and confinue to be tight at the back we will be okay. We will sign a couple tomorrow and would of done regardless of Rothwell, 

Its easy to dwell, but it wont change what will be will be

Edited by glen9mullan
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Rothwell's pace and ability to glide past defenders from deep will be missed, no doubt

His goal a few weeks ago was sublime and gave us 3 points when a draw was more likely

As its stands, we're weaker without him that's for sure

That's true but he's not irreplaceable. Hearing some people talk you'd think he was Shearer. He's not the focal point of the team and for all his gliding he's still not the best midfielder in the league. Going off the stats, Buckley isn't far behind him and I'd put Buckley ahead in terms of passing and potential.

The biggest disappointment is that £3m is a miniscule fee.

13 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'll drive the twat down to the Hawthorns free of charge..

Be too late to salvage the window now probably though unfortunately.

I'll pay for the petrol!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, alcd said:

Bournemouth can dilly dally on the medical to reduce the time left for Rovers to spend the funds on a replacement.

This potential transfer has been on since the mysterious back injury Monday night.

Further accelerated after the meeting on Thursday.

If a deal has been agreed then replacements must have been sourced.

Only failed medicals will disrupt proceedings.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

So if someone contacted you and offered six times your salary you wouldn't be curious and want to know a bit more about it?

Sorry, anyone who says they wouldn't isn't being truthful there.

Anyone with a brain would wait until the end of the season. And then choice the team in the Premier league. Are we not giving the players a bonus for promotion also?

5 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

No, I mean the lads in the Bournemouth squad won't look at JR in a bad light.  They've done similar probably...its just business to them, you support Rovers they don't.

Sorry Sparks I’m a bit tense tonight. I feel personally shafted by his action so I’m swinging wildly

• Like 1