BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

29 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

He just drifted past them and scores without thinking about it....nobody else can do that in this league.....mogadon and his shit man management 

He has scored 3 goals all season! Even Gally out scores him with less than half the games played

Just now, Boroblue said:

Sorry Sparks I’m a bit tense tonight. I feel personally shafted by his action so I’m swinging wildly

I'm more annoyed at the club for letting it get here...especially with us sitting 2nd....poor timing and I'm seriously concerned another our promotion chances.....plus we will be weaker in the play offs....bad move for peanuts to the club....cut our nose off to spite our face

25 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Shocking decision by the club. Weaken us, strengthen them for a small fee. Very poor. What does this say about our ambitions to go up? 

It says fuck all, the player alone showed his true colours! I will piss myself laughing if they fail to go up

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

He has scored 3 goals all season! Even Gally out scores him with less than half the games played

You don't get it.  He frightens defences...how many has he inadvertently made with his direct running and turning defences....getting free kicks etc...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

All this narrative on this board tonight is very surprising...

Rothwell has been in our top 3 players this season.....

Now he's shit🤣

3 goals and 5 assists? 

Giles has 9 assists from a poor side and in a deeper position.

Our defence, goalkeeper, Trav, Buckley, Khadra and Diaz are all more important that the traitor. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

They come, they go.....

If he completes deal to Bournemouth, although not an ideal destination from our promotion hopes point of view, then he goes.

He has been integral in getting us to 2nd in the table, and without him, we wouldnt be in second. I'm thankful for his efforts, and wish things were different and our contract offer was better and it had been signed.

Club made it clear, August, September, October and November if these deals were not signed then they would look to sell them.

Rovers sudden turn in fortunes on the pitch has complicated that stance. Waggott publically stated in radio lancs interview that the contract rebels felt they can get more money elsewhere, he stated that it was unlikely, and those contracts are no longer available, and people are not banging the door down to sign them.

In the end the club has followed through with its threat, no better terms and allegedly accepted a bid.

The player has asked to speak to them, and decided he wants out now.

I personally don't think all the blame is Joe's, we've had months to offer better terms and have chosen not to.

Lessons need to be learnt, personally i'd have never let him join a promotion rival in this window, but its not my job to pay the bills.

New hero's will step up, one player dont make a team, we get our attacking players fit and confinue to be tight at the back we will be okay. We will sign a couple tomorrow and would of done regardless of Rothwell, 

Its easy to dwell, but it wont change what will be will be

They come they go...to our main rivals?

• Like 4

"Rovers have a contingency plan in place in anticipation of a Rothwell exit but you can't have one without the other. Mowbray affirmed 'they would be stupid' if they were to sanction Rothwell's departure without some form of guarantee on the incoming front and the club already have a variety of options in mind."

Expectations have been set. Up to the club to make this Rothwell move a disaster or an opportunity.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, booth said:

That's true but he's not irreplaceable. Hearing some people talk you'd think he was Shearer. He's not the focal point of the team and for all his gliding he's still not the best midfielder in the league. Going off the stats, Buckley isn't far behind him and I'd put Buckley ahead in terms of passing and potential.

The biggest disappointment is that £3m is a miniscule fee.

To be honest i think the one and only plus point is that it's a reasonable fee considering.... But only if all the money goes towards new signings

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

14 minutes ago, alcd said:

Bournemouth can dilly dally on the medical to reduce the time left for Rovers to spend the funds on a replacement.

If I were in charge at Rovers, the only thing that would do is get the deal cancelled if I couldn't get a replacement through.

Course if I were in charge there's no way we would be selling a key player for 3 mill to a rival for promotion at this stage of the game. No way whatsoever.

think we are all getting carried away on the rothwell issue,he`s a good player when put in an advanced role behind the strikers,he`s offers something different,if you put him anywhere else he`s frankly not that good,terrible out wide and can`t tackle a fish supper,parker won`t get the best out of him,i assure you

• Like 2

Just now, neophox said:

Every player has a price and I would pay £5m for him. What did we pay for Gally and Brereton?

I'd pay £5m for him but would FFP not get in the way of that?

I still think we'll end up getting Giles and a loanee midfielder. I can't see Rovers pulling a massive signing out of the bag.

Stupid though because with the right players they could smash the rest of the season. Our defence is solid, we need someone to bang in more goals from midfield and Swifts passing is second to none.

Imagine Giles, Swift and a forward coming in. We'd smash it.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, J*B said:

I think Mowbrays played this fantastically and I’m usually negative towards the management. This is the timeline IMO…

January - Mowbray has offered terms to all 3 key out of contract players. None have signed, none are for sale. All are told if they get Rovers promoted they will be given a huge bonus and will be offered updated, better terms.

Wednesday - rejects a bid for 2M from Bournemouth, speaks to Rothwell and tells him under no circumstances will he be leaving.

Thursday - makes a statement to local media saying he isn’t leaving. 

Friday - Rothwell arrives at Brockhall and wants a meeting with Mowbray. He asks to be allowed to speak to other clubs. Mowbray tries to talk him around, but Rothwell’s advisors are pushing for a move knowing he could get multiple times his salary. Rothwell is 27, this is his last contract, he has a fiancé and two kids. 

Mowbray tells Rothwell to leave Brockhall, confirms he won’t be in the squad or travelling for Saturday and to have a think as to whether or not this is really what he wants. Rothwell’s agent rings Mowbray confirming that Rothwell would like to speak to other clubs this window. 

Saturday - Mowbray makes a statement after the game confirming the current situation. Rovers start to test the market for Rothwell. 

Sunday - Rovers receive updated offers from Bournemouth. Chicago Fire have bit on Saturdays availability call outs and offered £3.3M. Rovers tell Bournemouth and Rothwell they’re selling to Chicago Fire unless it’s matched. Bournemouth match the offer. Mowbray tells Rothwell to drive to Bournemouth because he doesn’t want him around training on Monday. 

Key to remember that Chicago can sign players until mid-Feb and Rothwell would need a work permit and international clearance before the deal could be confirmed. Ergo, he isn’t signing for them tomorrow, it would be Feb. Rothwell doesn’t want to play in the USA, but is worried the Bournemouth move won’t be agreed in times and he will be pushed to Chicago in Feb. So Rothwell and his agent push Bournemouth to get the move agreed ASAP. Bournemouth have increased their offer by 60% in 4 days. 

That's all fantastic if you measure success on a balance sheet. He's a football manager not a director and he now needs to work very hard just to keep the squad as strong as it was last week - let alone strengthen it.

We've a threadbare squad and are losing one of our biggest contributors and most dangerous attacking players to the side directly below us - there is nothing fantastic about that.

It is a massive blow not just to the playing squad but also the message it sends out to rival clubs, the media, our players and fans that we are open for business and there are no limits to that.

I don't think Mowbray or the staff have the ability to bring in 4 players tomorrow including some permanent additions and at least one of equal quality to Rothwell. I'll hold my hands up if they do but if they don't then there is going to be carnage.