BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FA Cup Draw

On 17/12/2022 at 16:31, roverinmontreal said:

Does anyone know about ticket info for this game? I’m going to be in the UK so I’m planning to make it the first game I’ve actually attended since moving to Canada 15 years ago! So far there’s no info on on the rovers site, but tickets are on general sale for Norwich fans on their site…

Hope you made it to the game? 

6 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

I was wondering how do the TV people spin putting Man U on live again after a boring draw at home to Reading then remembered Ince is Reading manager.

The FA rules clearly state that Man Utd must be drawn at home. Against teams from a lower division. Finally the game has to be live on tv..

• Like 4

I noticed that the Forest Green v Birmingham game isn't being played until Tuesday 17th January with a potential replay not being until 24th or 25th which means that potentially we won't know who we playing until a few days before. And looking further ahead the fifth round is scheduled for a midweek.

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

I noticed that the Forest Green v Birmingham game isn't being played until Tuesday 17th January with a potential replay not being until 24th or 25th which means that potentially we won't know who we playing until a few days before. And looking further ahead the fifth round is scheduled for a midweek.

Forest Green are away at Bolton on the 24th. A draw would presumably move our game.

6 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Does it matter, we should be good enough at home to beat either Forest Green or Brum.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

Does it matter, we should be good enough at home to beat either Forest Green or Brum.

It's not just about the football. Planning for a game with potentially a couple of thousand Brummies doesn't happen overnight. Police, stewards, catering etc has to be planned in advance. If it's Forest Green with a few hundred that will make a difference to the planning. Either teams supporters intending to travel won't be able to buy tickets until a few days before the game.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The potential cup replay would take priority over a league game.

Long way off, but if our 4th round game goes to a replay, then I imagine they would have to do something with the Monday night game against Wigan too as the 4th round replays would fall in that midweek.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 1

And Rovers play Burnley on the weekend of the Quarter Finals.

As that requires only two more wins from either of us to get there, and we both have favourable draws in the next round, it looks like that could end up being a midweek game. 

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Long way off, but if our 4th round game goes to a replay, then I imagine they would have to do something with the Monday night game against Wigan too as the 4th round replays would fall in that midweek.

Good point. The same applies with Wigan who have a home tie with Grimsby should they beat Luton in their third round replay.

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

But as Sky call the shots with the EFL it wouldn’t surprise me if the Wigan game stayed where it was, the fifth round tie is then played on the Thursday and the Saturday game pushed to the Sunday.

And the real irony if that did happen would be that both us and Wigan wouldn't be playing on Saturday 4th.

28 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I think if either us or Wigan need a FA Cup 4th round replay, then they will just move our game against them from the Monday night to the Sunday noon kick off slot, still live on Sky.

That would make sense as Sky have an SPL game at that time but they don't seem to bother about EFL and SPL games clashing.

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

But as Sky call the shots with the EFL it wouldn’t surprise me if the Wigan game stayed where it was, the fifth round tie is then played on the Thursday and the Saturday game pushed to the Sunday.

that is how it will work