BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FA Cup Draw

I'd rather we didn't see the FA Cup as a way of making money. That sort of language should be for the non-league clubs and Accy Stanleys of this world not Blackburn Rovers. We should see progression in the cup for its sporting reasons - a competition we had a long and proud history in until not that long ago.

Mowbray's record in this competition was abysmal, so we are due a good run in the competition.

But yeah, I get the point about money. If it really is of such critical importance as people like Waggott claim then you might expect to see the Club doing all it can to generate cash from it. But as Mowbray's lamentable efforts in the competitions show, the Club's actions often don't match its words.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

I just dont really see where the chances let alone goals are coming from at the moment and we're shaky at the back.... Cant even think of any potential changes to the side that will make an inpact - unless we sign someone. Not confident. But Ill go and freeze my knackers off anyway.

To qualify this miserable post I would try a couple of things actually... let's give Morton a rest, try Adam Wharton in there, bring back Dolan and Gallagher. Give BBD a rest as he has been really struggling for form. 

Gallagher gets a lot of very valid stick - poor touch, lacks scoring instincts, not good in the air. But he gives defences a lot more to worry about than Vale just through his athleticism. I cant really see why Vale would ever start ahead of him tbh.

Team for me

Kaminski

JRC        Carter      S Wharton   Pickering

Buckley     A Wharton

Hedges        Dack          Dolan 

Gallagher 

I think Pears definitely deserves another Cup start after his form so far this year. He's fairly angling for more playing time and may help advertise him for a last minute loan (and then maybe bring in that Bodo/Glimt keeper, if that's the plan...)

I'd only consider throwing Kaminski in if he demands a start to get back on track after a couple rough games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

To qualify this miserable post I would try a couple of things actually... let's give Morton a rest, try Adam Wharton in there, bring back Dolan and Gallagher. Give BBD a rest as he has been really struggling for form. 

Gallagher gets a lot of very valid stick - poor touch, lacks scoring instincts, not good in the air. But he gives defences a lot more to worry about than Vale just through his athleticism. I cant really see why Vale would ever start ahead of him tbh.

Team for me

Kaminski

JRC        Carter      S Wharton   Pickering

Buckley     A Wharton

Hedges        Dack          Dolan 

Gallagher 

For me we need Dack in or around their penalty box, not dropping back to help out midfield. so I would go with a midfield three of Buckley, Wharton, and Garret. Dolan and Gallagher as a front pairing with Dack playing off them two.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

I'd rather we didn't see the FA Cup as a way of making money. That sort of language should be for the non-league clubs and Accy Stanleys of this world not Blackburn Rovers. We should see progression in the cup for its sporting reasons - a competition we had a long and proud history in until not that long ago.

Agree. I'd also rather we tried to keep Season Ticket prices lower by attracting more fans and not just screwing the existing fanbase.

But here we are. If we are squeezing the fan base financially and justifying it by 'budgets and targets', then there is no justification for resting players for Saturday if it jeopardises our chances of progression. 

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, rigger said:

For me we need Dack in or around their penalty box, not dropping back to help out midfield. so I would go with a midfield three of Buckley, Wharton, and Garret. Dolan and Gallagher as a front pairing with Dack playing off them two.

Problem with that is we lose all our width...

I don't really want to change our system again but if we wanted to play two up top the way to do it is 352 as then the wingbacks can provide the width.

3 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Problem with that is we lose all our width...

I don't really want to change our system again but if we wanted to play two up top the way to do it is 352 as then the wingbacks can provide the width.

Totally agree with the 3-5-2, but have we got three available center-halves ?

Are we utilising any width anyway ? 

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I don't know if there will be a thread for Saturday's match but it looks like Brum will have a really good following.

I simply can't imagine a situation where Rovers would put free coaches to an away game on for us. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I simply can't imagine a situation where Rovers would put free coaches to an away game on for us. 

To the best of my knowledge it has happened twice on Waggott's watch but both were extenuating circumstances. The first one was when a match at Gillingham was called off late and for the rearranged game they put on free coaches for those who travelled to the first game by coach but nothing for any fans who travelled independently. The second was when the last game of a season at Norwich was changed really late to a 7.30 on kick off on a Saturday evening. I wrote to Waggott saying it was unfair on fans who travelled by car or train, many of whom to go every game. I suggested knocking something off the ticket price then everyone is treated fairly and that someone going to their first away game of the season would benefit and regular travellers wouldn't. After toing and froing with Lindsey Talbot (who said the price of tickets couldn't be changed - I proved her wrong) I was finally contacted by Waggott who said it was a fairer system but it was too late to change it. He promised that in future they would subsidise ticket prices rather than travel costs.

• Like 1

Speaking of Rovers being proved wrong on ticketing issues I took a photo at Ashton Gate on Saturday of Bristol City advertising members tickets for their home league game against Norwich for £15.

For Norwich fans adults are £33 and seniors £30.

Rovers have claimed time and time again that we cannot charge away fans more than home fans. That is not true.

So Rovers could offer a similar sort of thing for 1875 members (Burnley game for one) and fill Ewood with home fans at £15 a ticket and screw the dingles for £30.

20230121_154726.jpg

• Like 5

7 hours ago, RoverCanada said:

I think Pears definitely deserves another Cup start after his form so far this year. He's fairly angling for more playing time and may help advertise him for a last minute loan (and then maybe bring in that Bodo/Glimt keeper, if that's the plan...)

I'd only consider throwing Kaminski in if he demands a start to get back on track after a couple rough games.

You can't blame Kaminski for the goals conceded, its down to a weak defence. Allthough he was partly to blame for Bristol  Citys equallizer, he palmed the ball into the path of a striker. Villareal reckon they have some big news soon, no doubt it's getting BBD for free in the Summer.

1 hour ago, RoversTilliDie said:

You can't blame Kaminski for the goals conceded, its down to a weak defence. Allthough he was partly to blame for Bristol  Citys equallizer, he palmed the ball into the path of a striker. Villareal reckon they have some big news soon, no doubt it's getting BBD for free in the Summer.

Whoever gets BBD, it won't be for free. It's just that the money will not be going to the Rovers.

14 hours ago, rigger said:

Whoever gets BBD, it won't be for free. It's just that the money will not be going to the Rovers.

True, get rid of venkys and put somebody who knows about football in charge. With less than a week to go in the transfer market and still no sign of fresh talent. Watch us plummet down the table if theres no new faces in the squad. To get anywere in the Championship you need backup, strength in depth.

Edited by RoversTilliDie

birmingham have now sold all their tickets for the darwen end lower tier now starting on the upper tier,judging by chatter of rovers fans i know it will be a big crowd and a good home turnout,at £10 a ticket for a winnable,saturday 4th rnd fa cup game,it`s beyond stupid to close the riverside,expect delayed kick off and chaos,what do you expect from that lot though,they are braindead

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

birmingham have now sold all their tickets for the darwen end lower tier now starting on the upper tier,judging by chatter of rovers fans i know it will be a big crowd and a good home turnout,at £10 a ticket for a winnable,saturday 4th rnd fa cup game,it`s beyond stupid to close the riverside,expect delayed kick off and chaos,what do you expect from that lot though,they are braindead

Blackburn End is about a third full, JW not much better. There will be a late surge like against Forest, but unless the M6 is shut there certainly won’t be ‘delayed kick off and chaos’.

Edited by Hasta

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Bit of a wet dream for Waggott to sanction closing a stand. Wonder how long before we get this for League games?

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

next season probably,swag will claim the riverside has failed it`s safety cert and try to get his long awaited hotel on the site

Wouldn't be averse to a Hotel in combination with a modern and aesthetically pleasing new stand.

Think there's two chances of that and slim left town a long time ago.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Wouldn't be averse to a Hotel in combination with a modern and aesthetically pleasing new stand.

Think there's two chances of that and slim left town a long time ago.

nah,swag will have his greasy paws all over it,from demolition to building contractors and planning permission,he`ll be cashing in somehow,he did try to sell half of brockhall remember and im`e guessing he did`nt try for the sake of the club

• Like 1

13 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

On Monday evening Birmingham had sold more tickets for this game than Rovers. There will obviously be a late rush at the reduced price and it will end up a decent crowd but there's no way there is going to be chaos. 

• Like 1