BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FA Cup Draw

I'm excited about the prospect of the derby game moving. 

First it scuppers Sky/Rovers/police who want it at 12noon on a Sunday.

Second it will be fascinating to see how they accommodate it elsewhere in the calendar.

Only a couple of things are certain. It will be £30 a ticket for home fans and we'll roll out the red carpet to them. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, robbo_rovers said:

Looking at the fixture list I’m guessing it would get moved to the w/c 03/04 possibly? Although it’s Easter weekend after so games on the following Friday. Apart from that the only free midweeks look to be right towards the end of the season. 

Yep. I think it would either be 25th / 26th April or the week after.

That would mean we have Burnley and Preston back to back in the league again. What could possibly go wrong?

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

Just now, DeeCee said:

See Tony's got his Boss waistcoat/gilet on, don't know whether it's a homage to Pep,  fashion statement or a reminder to himself.

Doesn't really matter. As much as I wanted him out, his Sunderland have created more chances in this one game than we have in months.

We've gone backwards considerably.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

Doesn't really matter. As much as I wanted him out, his Sunderland have created more chances in this one game than we have in months.

We've gone backwards considerably.

He walked into a better squad than the shambles he left behind at Ewood.

Delighted the bastard is out of the FA Cup. 

• Like 2

Anyone else watch the Sheff Utd v Wrexham replay and notice the contrast in the commitment and urgency, desire to win and score compared to that porridge of a game we were force-fed on Monday? 

No wonder we are sliding dispirited down the league, when our lot are so half-arsed in front of goal, so reluctant to pass forwards and so poor at getting into the opposition.

When we are clearly so lacking in appetite and ability, it doesn't bode well for anything other than an embarrassing end to our cup campaign will be on the cards.

Mam up Rovers!

VENKYS OUT!

Nice gesture from the club, one I’m sure many fans will get behind. 
I’m going to fly over for this, gutted I missed West Ham and it feels like it could be our last shot at anything this year. 

Hopefully we get to extend our allocation  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, superniko said:

Nice gesture from the club, one I’m sure many fans will get behind. 
I’m going to fly over for this, gutted I missed West Ham and it feels like it could be our last shot at anything this year. 

Hopefully we get to extend our allocation  

Honestly, I find it a bit of a strange one. We will subsidise tickets at another team's ground, but we won't just charge appropriately at our own ground.

I think it's probably more about a bit of PR after the transfer deadline day fiasco, and since we will get half the ticket money for the whole ground, we will still be quids in. In fact I guess another way of thinking about it, it works out much better than if we had agreed with Leicester for the tickets to be £10 or £15, as that would apply across the board. This way we keep the cost a bit higher to rake in the dosh, and our own fans still get to go for cheap. I don't want to say it's clever if that's the case, under this regime anyway, but...

• Like 4

Yep, the cynic in me draws a line between the transfer deadline fiasco, spotlight turning on those running the Club and sees this as an easy attempt to claw back some credit with the fanbase.

Others have rightly pointed out that all this is likely to do is put a dent in what Rovers are taking home from the Leicester game. Even if we fill our allocation of 2,200 from a gate of 20,000+ the impact on takings will be minimal and such income will be 'bonus' money for Waggott that he won't have factored into his projections for the year.

One thing that got me thinking. If Burnley but not Rovers progressed to the next round of the FA Cup, and the game between between the two sides got postponed, would it be a possibility to move the Reading mid-week fixture to the weekend? Would much rather a home game on a Saturday 3:00 instead of a Wednesday 8:00 for example.