BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield (h) 02/01/22

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Huddersfield (h) New Years Day 2022
  • Herbie6590 pinned this topic
6 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

It's not a big deal to charge that much when you're completely detached from reality. 

the silly **** swag  has no idea about the area or it`s citizens,god alone knows what the prices will be if we get promoted😪,on the game itself,i reckon,a right tasty game,both sides gettting stuck in and a late winner for us😀,id`e be starting gallagher centrally and be a bit more direct in this one,i don`t think we`ll get much change from huddersfield with the smaller lads playing,they had us well sorted at their place

17 minutes ago, pomster said:

I can’t see us winning this one to be honest. Don’t seem to have good results against Huddersfield, it’s one of our bogie teams.

Apart from beating them 5-2 last season.

Although you could argue it was a BCD dead rubber.

Last weekend game at Ewood until February 19th. Not ideal for those half ST's.

Think this will be really tough, might be a game too far for our lads as thought we looked pretty leggy late on, on Wednesday.

Just need one final push to get the win before a 2 week break from league games.

Huddersfield confident and buzzing from their recent run. Rovers in great form and finding extra in the tank when needed. Both sides 'surprisingly' in the mid season promotion mix...

Sensible money says score draw or no-score draw is on the cards. However, Carlos 'Kickaball' Corberan has got his side well organised and steady, in much the same way that chummylugs at our gaff has found a stable formula for the time being. I actually think it will be a good test of Rovers' credentials and, if we can prevail, a good indicator for the rest of the season. If we suffer a reverse, it won't be the end of the world, but I'd like to think we can send the Terriers packing with revenge for the defeat earlier in the season.

COYB!

18 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Last weekend game at Ewood until February 19th. Not ideal for those half ST's.

Think this will be really tough, might be a game too far for our lads as thought we looked pretty leggy late on, on Wednesday.

Just need one final push to get the win before a 2 week break from league games.

And then if we do stay up the top end, you imagine post Feb 19th plenty will get moved for Sky, so every chance we will only have had a couple of 3pm Saturdays post Birmingham on the 18th December until the end of the season…

Edited by Mattyblue

I don't think it's too extortionate a price, but yes I know I'm in a minority on here. The gate will be similar to the Barnsley game I imagine, especially with Huddersfield bringing bigger numbers following their win last night and they can pay on the day too.

They're on a decent run of form but we should remember WE are the form team and the ones to beat right now. 1 loss in 11 games is some going at any level.

2-0 win for this one. That scrappy Barnsley goal looked to really annoy us, poor way to lose the impressive run of clean sheets, they'll be keen to put things right.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

I don't think it's too extortionate a price, but yes I know I'm in a minority on here. The gate will be similar to the Barnsley game 

The swathes of available seats on the online booker tells its own story Ossy...it's a real shame.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

5 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

The swathes of available seats on the online booker tells its own story Ossy...it's a real shame.

Current climate dictates that it makes sense to purchase tickets on the day if possible, now more so than ever. Covid is rife, what's the point in buying tickets in advance when there's a chance you might not be able to attend? 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Sorry, £36 in the JWU (which is the most popular stand for walk ons) for a second division game IS extortionate just after Christmas and new year.

Don't sit in JW upper, problem solved.

If its the most popular stand for walk ons then the pricing is probably right or people wouldn't pay it.

Ok pay £30 to £32 elsewhere, bargain!

That’s my point, it is most popular generally and could sell very well when priced at a non ridiculous price, but price folk out and they won’t go at all… and that’s what we’ll see with a more than half empty ground when a team going for top spot run out on Sunday.

We are on the cusp of something here, something that could be  absolutely transformative for Blackburn Rovers, and short term price gouging just to rip off the fans of clubs that may bring 2k+ instead of 1k, should be put to one side as we try and get as much support as possible into the ground until May.

(Luckily though, due to the way the fixtures have fallen, apart from Blackpool I don’t think there will be any more Cat As - which is just a fluke of the fixture list that all the potential ‘big’ following clubs have already visited, not down to any forward thinking or creativity by the Chief Exec)

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3