BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

3 hours ago, Colt Seavers said:

I would guess that relegation would cause the owners to use the parachute to square debts off. This would be prioritised over squad strengthening and would lead to Dyche seeing the writing on the wall and walking. 

They will appoint a vastly inferior manager, the best players will leave without being adequately replaced and another relegation will follow within three or four seasons. 

Only then will they resume their place in the correct order of things and our 'no nay never' song will no longer be so embarrassing. 

homer-simpson-mouth-watering.gif.26ee1a0b4693e03bd1cd480b80f77bbf.gif

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

That Weghorst was given the big build up, has looked horrendous every time I’ve seen him… still will probably bang in a load as SD takes them back up (Yanks, please listen to your loyal supporters and remove Dyche without delay!)

There's a player in there, he's just completely unsuitable for the style Dyche insists on playing.

Not sure if he had no say in the signing or whether it was just a panic buy - they need a Wood type player for hoof ball though and thG he certainly is not!

On 23/03/2022 at 07:42, Mattyblue said:

He will go for a good amount, just like Adam Armstrong, and just like AA the team won’t see any of the BB cash either…

We can't know that for certain.They invested 15 million in the first place bringing in Armstrong, Brererton and Gallagher.

No way to run a club but they have gone periods of spending for it to stop for a couple of seasons only for it to start again.

So I wouldn't be totally shocked if money was available in the summer

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

12 years of these bizarre people says of course it’s not certain, but I’d be very surprised if we saw much of the proceeds of any sale…

Very odd if they don't though which agreed odd and Venkys go together.But if the plan was to buy young and sell on for profit, providing BB goes for big money this summer it is the one thing that has actually worked out this last 4 season.10 million profit for Arma and will most likely see the same return for Brererton.

Just odd they would commit 15 million on 3 players within 12 months with absolutely no guarantee of a return but then making a decent profit and not going again

5 hours ago, Colt Seavers said:

I would guess that relegation would cause the owners to use the parachute to square debts off. This would be prioritised over squad strengthening and would lead to Dyche seeing the writing on the wall and walking. 

They will appoint a vastly inferior manager, the best players will leave without being adequately replaced and another relegation will follow within three or four seasons. 

Only then will they resume their place in the correct order of things and our 'no nay never' song will no longer be so embarrassing. 

Hard to be sure, we will have parachute payments of around £100 million to come, player sales of around 80 million and very few players under high wage contracts. More than enough cash to rebuild and go again. Will Dyche stay - after all he still has a nice contract with 3 1/2 years to run,  will the board keep him and back him? Honestly don’t know - come what May certainly turbulent/exciting summer ahead. 

Personally would move heaven and earth to keep Dyche and hope the board feel the same.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Just odd they would commit 15 million on 3 players within 12 months with absolutely no guarantee of a return but then making a decent profit and not going again

Decent profit on them, but they've just sold off the bricks and mortar so coin must be tight eh? 

9 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Hard to be sure, we will have parachute payments of around £100 million to come, player sales of around 80 million and very few players under high wage contracts. More than enough cash to rebuild and go again. Will Dyche stay - after all he still has a nice contract with 3 1/2 years to run,  will the board keep him and back him? Honestly don’t know - come what May certainly turbulent/exciting summer ahead. 

Personally would move heaven and earth to keep Dyche and hope the board feel the same.

You forgot the massive debt to be added to the seasonal income losses and high earners alongside tv money and like every club who comes down what decent players you have are going some of them being free transfers. Burnley will not be as well off as you suggest and success once more is not guaranteed 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

You forgot the massive debt to be added to the seasonal income losses and high earners alongside tv money and like every club who comes down what decent players you have are going some of them being free transfers. Burnley will not be as well off as you suggest and success once more is not guaranteed 

You are right re the debt but on players not so much as 10 are out of contract, at least 5 will be sold, leaving a small core on manageable wages.

I’m not suggesting success is guaranteed just it is more than possible but depends on the decisions the owners take re funds and management. The debt - which for clarity we didn’t ‘run up’ but was foisted on us as a leveraged buyout - doesn’t need to be a blocker, though I suspect the owners may well cut and run, sell what they can and bank the cash. But IF they can get Dyche to stay and give him some funds then we have a reasonable chance. 

in simple terms I hope for the best but expect the worst.

7 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

You are right re the debt but on players not so much as 10 are out of contract, at least 5 will be sold, leaving a small core on manageable wages.

I’m not suggesting success is guaranteed just it is more than possible but depends on the decisions the owners take re funds and management. The debt - which for clarity we didn’t ‘run up’ but was foisted on us as a leveraged buyout - doesn’t need to be a blocker, though I suspect the owners may well cut and run, sell what they can and bank the cash. But IF they can get Dyche to stay and give him some funds then we have a reasonable chance. 

Me too, that way you minimise the inevitable disappointment.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Whatever happens ,if you come down you ll be in a better position than us ! Decent players will still be attracted to Burnley because of the PL tag ,and the possibility of an instant return to the PL. just need to go all out on a quick return!

Every season spent in the Championship and that attraction falls away  ,players, other fans (even your own fans!) see you as just a run of the mill Championship club going nowhere once that PL tag has disappeared. No longer an attraction..

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Whatever happens ,if you come down you ll be in a better position than us ! Decent players will still be attracted to Burnley because of the PL tag ,and the possibility of an instant return to the PL. just need to go all out on a quick return!

Every season spent in the Championship and that attraction falls away  ,players, other fans (even your own fans!) see you as just a run of the mill Championship club going nowhere once that PL tag has disappeared. No longer an attraction..

I wouldn't profess to fully understand the financial implications for Burnley when they drop but again, another thing to consider is they will have to operate in the world of FFP which as we know in this league is very strict and obtuse and again places another burden/concern on the club.

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

I wouldn't profess to fully understand the financial implications for Burnley when they drop but again, another thing to consider is they will have to operate in the world of FFP which as we know in this league is very strict and obtuse and again places another burden/concern on the club.

Me neither, but as far as I can see they’ve gone from being completely financially viable in the case of relegation to being in a position of being financially questionable if they go down. As with Rovers fans none of if it is of the ordinary fans making. They’re just a pawn in the game.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Me neither, but as far as I can see they’ve gone from being completely financially viable in the case of relegation to being in a position of being financially questionable if they go down. As with Rovers fans none of if it is of the ordinary fans making. They’re just a pawn in the game.

I’m not sure FFP is in anyway a concern for us - the last thing I’m anticipating is the owners throwing money in, quite the opposite.

It all will come down to this. Money itself shouldn’t be an issue. With sales and parachutes there would be enough to satisfy the debts and build a decent team. But will there be enough for that and to satisfy the avarice of the owners? I don’t know. Are the owners really thinking medium to long term and ready to take the required calculated risks to achieve another promotion? On both these points I am doubtful and certainly not hopeful. 

2 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

I’m not sure FFP is in anyway a concern for us - the last thing I’m anticipating is the owners throwing money in, quite the opposite.

It all will come down to this. Money itself shouldn’t be an issue. With sales and parachutes there would be enough to satisfy the debts and build a decent team. But will there be enough for that and to satisfy the avarice of the owners? I don’t know. Are the owners really thinking medium to long term and ready to take the required calculated risks to achieve another promotion? On both these points I am doubtful and certainly not hopeful. 

FFP will kick in from the off and wages will be a starting point due to income loss across the football spectrum and this despite the parachute payment. Tv money is a massive loss as it isn’t just the weekend games at prime time it’s the overseas money from the East. Add this to the fact you will only sell out turf moor once - when we visit 😂 - and the total losses almost are incalculable- ask Sunderland who had 35k every game and more and look at them now?

Personally it’s pretty sad how burnley have faired this season looking at the recent years but it had to come to an end under SD who by my money has gone stale in the comfort zone. 

I do look forward to the seasons banter and exchanges with you Longsiders 

• Like 4

In the grand scheme of things Longers, in my opinion it’s much better being a good team in a worse league than the constant drag of “can we steal a point against this club owned by a multi billionaire?” as you try your upmost to finish 17th. The Premier League is a shambles. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

FFP will kick in from the off and wages will be a starting point due to income loss across the football spectrum and this despite the parachute payment. Tv money is a massive loss as it isn’t just the weekend games at prime time it’s the overseas money from the East. Add this to the fact you will only sell out turf moor once - when we visit 😂 - and the total losses almost are incalculable- ask Sunderland who had 35k every game and more and look at them now?

Personally it’s pretty sad how burnley have faired this season looking at the recent years but it had to come to an end under SD who by my money has gone stale in the comfort zone. 

I do look forward to the seasons banter and exchanges with you Longsiders 

But our wage bill won’t be that high - assuming we sell Cornet, Weghorst, McNeill and Pope - possibly Brownhill and Taylor will go as well. if those players don’t go we will still be well within FFP over the three year period as we haven’t made significant losses. Sunderland came down with lots of players on huge contracts, no relegation clauses etc. whereas we have Tarkowski, Mee, Cork, Rodriguez,  Vydra, Barnes, Stephens, Lennon, Bardsley and Pieters out of contract. 

Will take 3 seasons before we fell foul of any regs - and by then if the owners have trousered the money FFP will be the least of our worries.

I won’t say I’m looking forward to the seasons banter as I really can’t picture what our squad will look like right now and I fear it could be a very difficult season or 5 for us coming up.

7 minutes ago, J*B said:

In the grand scheme of things Longers, in my opinion it’s much better being a good team in a worse league than the constant drag of “can we steal a point against this club owned by a multi billionaire?” as you try your upmost to finish 17th. The Premier League is a shambles. 

Honestly prior to the leveraged buy out, when we had 60 million in the bank etc I won’t say I’d have welcomed relegation as you only ever want the team to succeed but a huge art of me would enjoy being back in the Championship cut and thrust. With the buyout though I worry about our future. We could easily be another Bury in a few seasons time. Or the owners might prove themselves to be astute and here for the long haul and steer us well but I just don’t see that as likely at all.

1 minute ago, longsiders1882 said:

Honestly prior to the leveraged buy out, when we had 60 million in the bank etc I won’t say I’d have welcomed relegation as you only ever want the team to succeed but a huge art of me would enjoy being back in the Championship cut and thrust. With the buyout though I worry about our future. We could easily be another Bury in a few seasons time. Or the owners might prove themselves to be astute and here for the long haul and steer us well but I just don’t see that as likely at all.

“ Leveraged buyouts “ shouldn’t be allowed in football.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, J*B said:

This. 100%

• Like 1

We have spent ten years in the championship plodding along at best mid table at worse getting relegated to league 1.

Why anyone would want to play in the Championship rather than the Premier League is beyond me.

I'd much rather go to Ewood park watching my team play against the likes of De Bruyne and Salah 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

I think once these shysters bought Burnley relegation and financial problems were inevitable. For all the good work your board have done over the years, they've now sold you up the river. 

As to the cut and thrust of the championship, as compared to the premiership, you've got to be in it to win it. Rovers and Leicester are both examples of what can happen when the stars align. I also think that Dyche, with good (not great) financial backing, could build a side that qualified regularly for Europe.

Similarly, I'd love to see a side back Allardyce properly and see how far he could go.