BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

If Collins goes that’s another 40 million in the bank - though not sure what sell on Stoke have. I will say this now, based admittedly on a small number of games, that lad will go to the very very top. He’s got all that is needed, I just wish he was English.

Is he leaving for 40 million?.

It's sound like squad overhaul there for Kompany. 

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Is he leaving for 40 million?.

It's sound like squad overhaul there for Kompany. 

I don’t know what they have or haven’t offered but we would be fools to accept less. He cost us 12.5 I think, he’s 22 and is only getting better. We don’t have to sell so it needs to be a decent offer. Papers suggesting 25 million, I’ll be annoyed if we don’t hold out for more.

Papers also trying to link Pope to Newcastle. Seriously doubt that, Howe is one of those ‘sweeper keeper’ obsessed managers and Pooe is a fantastic keeper but his passing is pretty poor.

Claims today we are in for Harwood-Bellis (on loan), Wallace from Millwall and Twine from MK Dons. Don’t know much about them except I hear Twine is rapid.

2 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

I don’t know what they have or haven’t offered but we would be fools to accept less. He cost us 12.5 I think, he’s 22 and is only getting better. We don’t have to sell so it needs to be a decent offer. Papers suggesting 25 million, I’ll be annoyed if we don’t hold out for more.

Papers also trying to link Pope to Newcastle. Seriously doubt that, Howe is one of those ‘sweeper keeper’ obsessed managers and Pooe is a fantastic keeper but his passing is pretty poor.

Claims today we are in for Harwood-Bellis (on loan), Wallace from Millwall and Twine from MK Dons. Don’t know much about them except I hear Twine is rapid.

We know about Harwood-Bellis! Good move (sadly)!

2 hours ago, 47er said:

We know about Harwood-Bellis! Good move (sadly)!

He's a good player with massive potential. Not sure he's quite at the level for a promotion chasing team just yet though, especially considering they're losing Mee, Tarkowski and seemingly now Collins too. 

5 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

If so, you are not planning for promotion.

6 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

I've seen those players links with you. Twine is a number 10 type. Good quality player. Hull want him aswell. 

I can see Pope going to Forest or Fulham tbh. 

2 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

He's a good player with massive potential. Not sure he's quite at the level for a promotion chasing team just yet though, especially considering they're losing Mee, Tarkowski and seemingly now Collins too. 

Yes I think you’re right. Lots of potential but still has a daft mistake in him. It’s a position you want experience in for a promotion battle. Like Berg and Short.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

Rumour is Pope to Newcastle verbally agreed - only 15 million plus add ons!!!!

if true the fee would outrageous but also think he’s the wrong keeper for Howe, he simply cannot play out from the back.

I think that's fair price tbh. Are Hennessey and Peacock-Farrell good enough keepers for Championship? 

What you take on this? are you surprise by this? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

33 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Rumour is Pope to Newcastle verbally agreed - only 15 million plus add ons!!!!

if true the fee would outrageous but also think he’s the wrong keeper for Howe, he simply cannot play out from the back.

I think might be the fee with several add ons - such as when he plays in a World Cup winning side for England etc.

£8 to £10 million is what is being rumoured on some sites.

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think might be the fee with several add ons - such as when he plays in a World Cup winning side for England etc.

£8 to £10 million is what is being rumoured on some sites.

Absolute steal if true but you can't blame the lad for trying, to get in that world cup squad. You're going to need a whole new squad from the sounds of things.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think that's fair price tbh. Are Hennessey and Peacock-Farrell good enough keepers for Championship? 

Not sure on BFP. He came with a great fanfare but was shipped out on loan. The bits I’d seen he looked good but raw. Hennessy is decent enough but he’s no Pope. As for a fair price, for an England keeper with some of the best stats in the top division? Give your head a wobble.

On the other stuff - neither surprised nor concerned. Deals running out without relegation decided makes it all inevitable really. Would pre season games usually already be scheduled? Lots of vermin trying to create a corpse to feed on. No interest in them or time for them. I’ll wager this lad couldn’t find Burnley on a map.

1 hour ago, Danny O.Brien said:

Absolute steal if true but you can't blame the lad for trying, to get in that world cup squad. You're going to need a whole new squad from the sounds of things.

No I don’t blame Pope - or any player. Just disappointed we are willing to give him away. I can see the logic from the club as it’s one position we aren’t badly off for but 15 million? Mind you we got him for nowt and have had cracking service so no real grumbles. I will repeat though, IMHO Howe is the wrong manager for him, he wants to pass out from the keeper and I’ve seen time and again Pope cannot play out, especially under pressure.

Edited by longsiders1882

Twine (a stand out League 1 talent for a decent fee) and Jed Wallace (a proven top quality stand out Championship player no doubt on decent wages) would be 2 very shrewd additions and would prove the power of a recently Premier League side unfortunately if they got done.

If Pope goes for £10m that could be the signing of the summer for Newcastle, worth far more than that and England's best keeper. Peacock-Farrell is a disaster so I suspect if Hennessey is over the hill then a new keeper will be a must.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Much different to us? We have a manager still waiting a work permit, and when he does he has to work with mainly staff that were already here. We have lost loads of players for no money and are behind most in making signings ourselves. No sign of the kit and although it has been announced, it seemingly will be drip fed in.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Not sure on BFP. He came with a great fanfare but was shipped out on loan. The bits I’d seen he looked good but raw. Hennessy is decent enough but he’s no Pope. As for a fair price, for an England keeper with some of the best stats in the top division? Give your head a wobble.

I think Peacock-Farrell would be better 1st choice for you. 

Pope has one year left on his contract and for me he is England 3rd best keeper behind Pickford and Ramsdale for me. 

30 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

On the other stuff - neither surprised nor concerned. Deals running out without relegation decided makes it all inevitable really. Would pre season games usually already be scheduled? Lots of vermin trying to create a corpse to feed on. No interest in them or time for them. I’ll wager this lad couldn’t find Burnley on a map.

Yes normally pre season games are schedule by now and normally line up weeks ago. 

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Much different to us? We have a manager still waiting a work permit, and when he does he has to work with mainly staff that were already here. We have lost loads of players for no money and are behind most in making signings ourselves. No sign of the kit and although it has been announced, it seemingly will be drip fed in.

Yes very different to us. Jon Dahl Tomasson has received his first part of his work permit and that's why he was unveiled last week. Kompany's work permit took nearly a month to get. 

Jon Dahl Tomasson has explained in full detail why he keep Lowe, Johnson and Benson on staff but he has brought in 2 of his own coaches which we announced last week. Ben Rosen has been working this week with the players. 

Disagree we are behind on signings, blimey a few clubs have signed a couple of players but we don't need many signings it is hardly behind on signings, Plus you don't even know who we even wanted. Been linked with Todd Cantwell who I can see myself happening. 

The club has released full details when our 3 kits will be released. what more do you want. they have fully communicate this to the fans 

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think Peacock-Farrell would be better 1st choice for you. 

Pope has one year left on his contract and for me he is England 3rd best keeper behind Pickford and Ramsdale for me. 

Yes normally pre season games are schedule by now and normally line up weeks ago. 

Yes very different to us. Jon Dahl Tomasson has received his first part of his work permit and that's why he was unveiled last week. Kompany's work permit took nearly a month to get. 

Jon Dahl Tomasson has explained in full detail why he keep Lowe, Johnson and Benson on staff but he has brought in 2 of his own coaches which we announced last week. Ben Rosen has been working this week with the players. 

Disagree we are behind on signings, blimey a few clubs have signed a couple of players but we don't need many signings it is hardly behind on signings, Plus you don't even know who we even wanted. Been linked with Todd Cantwell who I can see myself happening. 

The club has released full details when our 3 kits will be released. what more do you want. they have fully communicate this to the fans 

You posted that asking if @longsiders1882 was worried, having been fixated by Burnley's plight with regular comments about how you think they will struggle. It seemed a little bizarre considering the similarities! Lets break it down:

Burnley fans have no idea what pre-season games they have - we seemingly have that sorted, give you that

no kit has been unveiled (let alone available to buy) - same

Team returned to training with none of Kompany's support staff announced - our manager and assistant can not take training at the moment, their manager seemingly can and as you said, Bellamy is on the staff

no sponsors on training kit - fair enough, but hardly significant compared to the skeletal squad we have

You are beyond naive if you think we don't need many players, we are weaker by a captain, a player of the season, a regular and key central midfielder, a key winger, most likely a first choice right back and our only goal threat, not forgetting at least another half a dozen squad players. Even if you think we need 5 or 6, that is half a team!

Tomasson isn't going to say, "well I didn't want to keep the staff but I had to" is he?!

Also, Peacock-Farrell is shit. Mistakes every other game.

On 20/06/2022 at 23:14, Norbert Rassragr said:

As the squad stands now, I'd expect them to be around the play offs, maybe better. However, they may lose some key players, and need the money to keep things stable off the pitch. If they don't get promoted this season, the next will be really hard. And a failure after that would mean disaster.

Here's hoping. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

You posted that asking if @longsiders1882 was worried, having been fixated by Burnley's plight with regular comments about how you think they will struggle. It seemed a little bizarre considering the similarities!

I think Burnley will struggle this season and might even get relegate

no kit has been unveiled (let alone available to buy) - same

Our kit has been announce when it will be unveil they haven't

Team returned to training with none of Kompany's support staff announced - our manager and assistant can not take training at the moment, their manager seemingly can and as you said, Bellamy is on the staff

Ben Rosen, the other member of Jon Dahl Tomasson has taken a key part in the training in the last 2 days and I'm sure Jon Dahl Tomasson would have told them what he wants and is monitoring it very closely. 

Its appears Bellamy is on his staff from the pic I've seen on Twitter

but hardly significant compared to the skeletal squad we have

You are beyond naive if you think we don't need many players, we are weaker by a captain, a player of the season, a regular and key central midfielder, a key winger, most likely a first choice right back and our only goal threat, not forgetting at least another half a dozen squad players. Even if you think we need 5 or 6, that is half a team!

So I am naive for thinking we don't need loads of signings and wants to see 4 players from our under 23 last season given a place in the Rovers first team squad. I want 5 or 6 signings which is exactly what we need. We don;t need loads of unnesaacary signings blocking the pathway Jake Garrett, James Brown, Ash Phillips and Jack Vale. 

Tomasson isn't going to say, "well I didn't want to keep the staff but I had to" is he?!

I more than happy to take Jon Dahl Tomasson at his word. 

Also, Peacock-Farrell is shit. Mistakes every other game.

Well, we have to disagree on it

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think Burnley will struggle this season and might even get relegate

Our kit has been announce when it will be unveil they haven't

Ben Rosen, the other member of Jon Dahl Tomasson has taken a key part in the training in the last 2 days and I'm sure Jon Dahl Tomasson would have told them what he wants and is monitoring it very closely. 

Its appears Bellamy is on his staff from the pic I've seen on Twitter

So I am naive for thinking we don't need loads of signings and wants to see 4 players from our under 23 last season given a place in the Rovers first team squad. I want 5 or 6 signings which is exactly what we need. We don;t need loads of unnesaacary signings blocking the pathway Jake Garrett, James Brown, Ash Phillips and Jack Vale. 

I more than happy to take Jon Dahl Tomasson at his word. 

Well, we have to disagree on it

Absolutely no chance whatsoever unfortunately that they will get relegated.

2 hours ago, SoldierMo said:

Chaddy we all hate Burnley but ther are still in a better position than us

Needs to take his Rovers tinted specs off, I think although that lot will be losing their better players they will spend money recruiting some decent championship quality, I can’t believe he actually said they’ll get relegated. He’ll also say every signing they make is shit as well you can see it a mile off. We all hate Burnley but there’s no need to be so deluded about it 😂 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Butty said:

Needs to take his Rovers tinted specs off, I think although that lot will be losing their better players they will spend money recruiting some decent championship quality, I can’t believe he actually said they’ll get relegated. He’ll also say every signing they make is shit as well you can see it a mile off. We all hate Burnley but there’s no need to be so deluded about it 😂 

Aye, but come on, doesn't your Saturday evening feel better if "The Rovers Win, the Burnley Lose, Oh Rovers, you got me singing the Blues!!?".

I get the Chadster's sentiment, and it would be a good thing for Rovers to have bragging rights this season, but perhaps the realist in most of us stops a little short of such a dramatic slide for our claret and blue six fingered nemesis 🙂

The best we can hope for is somehow finishing higher than them, and to come out top in the original and best local derby twice in the coming season. Anything else would be icing on a cake way out of our control. Methinks the Championship will be a shock to their remaining players, but the core of the Burnleh squad were playing above their level in the Prem in any case.