BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

7 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Pope to Newcastle seems to be on the cards.

Burnleh are going to need divine intervention at this rate 😉

5 hours ago, Butty said:

Needs to take his Rovers tinted specs off, I think although that lot will be losing their better players they will spend money recruiting some decent championship quality, I can’t believe he actually said they’ll get relegated. He’ll also say every signing they make is shit as well you can see it a mile off. We all hate Burnley but there’s no need to be so deluded about it 😂 

Yeah, you’ve got to take the blue and white coloured glasses off when it come to football. “ You can fool everybody else but never fool yourself “. They’ve much more chance of being promoted than being relegated.

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The Welsh lad they’ve already got is good enough for this division.

Plus the Northern Ireland number one, Peacock-Farrell. 

A club like Burnley with three international keepers, just shows even PL small fry can build up a squad without you realising.

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Absolutely no chance whatsoever unfortunately that they will get relegated.

8 hours ago, SoldierMo said:

Chaddy we all hate Burnley but ther are still in a better position than us

Not sure about this. Big big few weeks ahead for us and a lot of decisions that need to be right. Relegation seems unlikely but so does top 2, even too 6. As we all know it is an incredibly competitive league.

5 hours ago, Butty said:

Needs to take his Rovers tinted specs off, I think although that lot will be losing their better players they will spend money recruiting some decent championship quality, I can’t believe he actually said they’ll get relegated. He’ll also say every signing they make is shit as well you can see it a mile off. We all hate Burnley but there’s no need to be so deluded about it 😂 

3 hours ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Aye, but come on, doesn't your Saturday evening feel better if "The Rovers Win, the Burnley Lose, Oh Rovers, you got me singing the Blues!!?".

I get the Chadster's sentiment, and it would be a good thing for Rovers to have bragging rights this season, but perhaps the realist in most of us stops a little short of such a dramatic slide for our claret and blue six fingered nemesis 🙂

The best we can hope for is somehow finishing higher than them, and to come out top in the original and best local derby twice in the coming season. Anything else would be icing on a cake way out of our control. Methinks the Championship will be a shock to their remaining players, but the core of the Burnleh squad were playing above their level in the Prem in any case.

Amen to this, except where we do the double. Not sure it will be a shock though, Taylor, Roberts, Collins, Brownhill, Rodriguez and Barnes all played in the Championship. Methinks you’ve forgotten how tough the Premier League is as well.

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

Pope to Newcastle seems to be on the cards.

My only surprise is that Howe is signing him, always knew he’d go. Thought we’d get more for him as well.

1 hour ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Burnleh are going to need divine intervention at this rate 😉

😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

What's Marlon Beresford doing these days?

Maarrrlon. Terrace hero for us. I think Hennessy is probably good enough. I’ve seen mixed reviews of Peacock-Farrell.

A decent article in the Athletic saying only a monster bid will tempt us to part with Collins which is a boost for us.

43 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Methinks you’ve forgotten how tough the Premier League is as well

😂😂😂

I always knew it was tough - still do but the reality of relegation used to hit me like a brick when they announced our prestige pre season matches against the likes of Wigan and Stoke when we had Barcelona and PSV not long before.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Plus the Northern Ireland number one, Peacock-Farrell. 

A club like Burnley with three international keepers, just shows even PL small fry can build up a squad without you realising.

Remember under Hughes when we had virtually a full team of international captains and vice captains?

Friedel, Samba, Nelsen, Mokoena, Savage, Reid, Pedersen, Roberts off the top of my head.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Remember under Hughes when we had virtually a full team of international captains and vice captains?

Friedel, Samba, Nelsen, Mokoena, Savage, Reid, Pedersen, Roberts off the top of my head.

Lucas Neill, Zurab Khizanshvili, Hakan Suker, Tugay and Bellamy were others who were National team captains under Hughes.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Amen to this, except where we do the double. Not sure it will be a shock though, Taylor, Roberts, Collins, Brownhill, Rodriguez and Barnes all played in the Championship. Methinks you’ve forgotten how tough the Premier League is as well.

I think you're right - but then again our team was full of players with a good top-flight pedigree when we were relegated and they absolutely bombed. Some of them were perceived as good senior pros too, with experience of how tough the Championship can be. 

I'm not saying the same will happen to your lads this year, but we suffered badly from players approaching or past 30 who lacked either the desire or the physical capacity to compete at the levels they were once capable of.  I'm looking at some of the players that you mention, and thinking too about the likes of Westwood, Cork, Gudmundsson and one or two others. It's going to be a big mental and physical challenge for them to get up for a demanding season at this point in their careers.

With the unknown quantity of the new manager to factor in too, you could literally finish literally in any position from top to just above the relegation spots and it wouldn't shock me (I can't see you actually going down though, too much quality for that). 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I think you're right - but then again our team was full of players with a good top-flight pedigree when we were relegated and they absolutely bombed. Some of them were perceived as good senior pros too, with experience of how tough the Championship can be. 

I'm not saying the same will happen to your lads this year, but we suffered badly from players approaching or past 30 who lacked either the desire or the physical capacity to compete at the levels they were once capable of.  I'm looking at some of the players that you mention, and thinking too about the likes of Westwood, Cork, Gudmundsson and one or two others. It's going to be a big mental and physical challenge for them to get up for a demanding season at this point in their careers.

With the unknown quantity of the new manager to factor in too, you could literally finish literally in any position from top to just above the relegation spots and it wouldn't shock me (I can't see you actually going down though, too much quality for that). 

Be interesting to see if/how Cork et al adapt. Gudmundson is constantly crocked so doubt we will see him. Also interesting to see how others go if they stay. Collins and Roberts were in the championship just over a year ago so should be fine. Others, let’s see.

I am actually quite excited though. Playing local games again as well as the big one against you with some reignited PNE/Blackpool rivalry. I’m sure many fans will have ‘expectations’ but I’m like you, not a clue how it will go. Whilst I’d always rather be as high up the leagues as possible I’ve not felt this level of off season interest in years.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Butty said:

Maybe actually look at my exactly comment Butty instead of implying something that I never said!!!

People keep assuming the spend money but I don't think they will spend that much and the money will go to paying the debt off. 

No Surprised Pope is off. Think Roberts and Collins will go. 

22 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Maybe actually look at my exactly comment Butty instead of implying something that I never said!!!

People keep assuming the spend money but I don't think they will spend that much and the money will go to paying the debt off. 

You literally said you think they’ll get relegated Chadster man? 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Do you think Kompany would have gone there if they selling their better players and no money to replace them?He wouldn't have Chaddy .

They have already an offer in to Wallace(Although he due a medical at West Brom)They have a bid in for Twine.Bellis close to joining on loan.

They will be signing quite a few players this summer

3 minutes ago, Butty said:

You literally said you think they’ll get relegated Chadster man? 

exactly, I said I think they might even get relegated. You said I said they'll get relegated which is 2 different comments 

I stand by that comment that I think they might get relegated. The Key word being might. 

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Do you think Kompany would have gone there if they selling their better players and no money to replace them?He wouldn't have Chaddy .

They have already an offer in to Wallace(Although he due a medical at West Brom)They have a bid in for Twine.Bellis close to joining on loan.

They will be signing quite a few players this summer

Who knows what was discussed during his interview there. I think they will spend so money but not massively. 

Burnley need around 12 to 14 new players especially if Collins, Roberts, McNeil go. 

Looks like Wallace is going to West Brom.  

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Who knows what was discussed during his interview there. I think they will spend so money but not massively. 

Burnley need around 12 to 14 new players especially if Collins, Roberts, McNeil go. 

Looks like Wallace is going to West Brom.  

But they won’t go free. So IF those 3 go then I’d say conservatively 60 million quid. You keep going on about debt. The external debt is around 65 million. A big chunk but not end of the world stuff. The rest is to the old owners - and oddly the club itself. All those out of contract players does bring one advantage, wage bill drops hugely. So all in all it isn’t a perfect scenario but far from the doomsday scenario you and the journos are painting I think.

Our squad from 01/07/2022 will be:

Keepers: Hennesy/BPF (I’m assuming Pope is a done deal)

Defenders
RB Roberts/Lowton

CB: Collins/Long

LB: Taylor

Midfield:

McNeill, Gudmundson, Cork, Brownhill, Westwood (I’m assuming Cornet goes)

Forwards: Rodriguez, Barnes, Vydra (possibly) ( again assuming Weghorst goes on loan/sold)

That’s a decent if not exactly creative side. So assuming Pope and cornet are sold that’s around 32 million inbound to add to the parachutes. We realistically need 2 CB, 1 LB, 2 wingers, 1 CM and one striker at least. So that’s hardly 14 players - and I’d expect Kompany to have 3 or 4 loans incoming. 

If the monster offers come in for Collins, McNeill then that’s another 2 needed but around 40 million added to the bank (I’ve knocked 10 off for any Stoke sell on). Of course rebuilds can go wrong and often take time. One thing with the championship is you can have a poor start but still get into the top half/6 with a run of form (Look at Forest). So would I rather be in our position or yours? Good question, I’ll go with ours just because of that quality we’ve got in the middle of the park but it’s close and I’m not certain which club today is in the better position. 

Edited by longsiders1882

3 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

But they won’t go free. So IF those 3 go then I’d say conservatively 60 million quid. You keep going on about debt. The external debt is around 65 million. A big chunk but not end of the world stuff. The rest is to the old owners - and oddly the club itself. All those out of contract players does bring one advantage, wage bill drops hugely. So all in all it isn’t a perfect scenario but far from the doomsday scenario you and the journos are painting I think.

Our squad from 01/07/2022 will be:

Keepers: Hennesy/BPF (I’m assuming Pope is a done deal)

Defenders
RB Roberts/Lowton

CB: Collins/Long

LB: Taylor

Midfield:

McNeill, Gudmundson, Cork, Brownhill, Westwood (I’m assuming Cornet goes)

Forwards: Rodriguez, Barnes, Vydra (possibly) ( again assuming Weghorst goes on loan/sold)

That’s a decent if not exactly creative side. So assuming Pope and cornet are sold that’s around 32 million inbound to add to the parachutes. We realistically need 2 CB, 1 LB, 2 wingers, 1 CM and one striker at least. So that’s hardly 14 players - and I’d expect Kompany to have 3 or 4 loans incoming. 

If the monster offers come in for Collins, McNeill then that’s another 2 needed but around 40 million added to the bank (I’ve knocked 10 off for any Stoke sell on). Of course rebuilds can go wrong and often take time. One thing with the championship is you can have a poor start but still get into the top half/6 with a run of form (Look at Forest). So would I rather be in our position or yours? Good question, I’ll go with ours just because of that quality we’ve got in the middle of the park but it’s close and I’m not certain which club today is in the better position. 

McNeil is wanted by Spurs and West Ham from reports. 

Is Vydra signing a contract? 

Is Gudmundson ever fit. 

My 14 was 1 RB, 3 CB, 2LB, 3 wingers, 1 centre midfielder and 2 strikers. Maybe of squad fillers. I assume Collins, McNeil, Roberts will go. 

If they lose all their good players like Cornet, Collins, McNeil and others, they'll have money but an obvious lack of talent and depth. Kompany would have to be very good in the transfer market to replace them. If he is a complete spanner and buys crap then next season will be really hard. The squad as of today is probably worthy of a top 3 place though.

Edited by Norbert Rassragr
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Yeah but we had the “ added degree of difficulty “ that was the Chicken Chokers and Kean.

• Like 2