BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

@longsiders1882What did you make on Kompany's press conference today and your first game of the Season which is on Sky? 

29 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Who says we wanted 40? I think he was worth way more but with a year to go cashing in made sense. 

was reported in the media 

Transfer News: Fulham, West Ham United will have to shell out £40 million for Nick Pope (thehardtackle.com)

Nottingham Forest plan bid for £59,000-a-week West Ham target (hitc.com)

40 minutes ago, goozburger said:

I don't think this will affect how well Burnley will do this season on the pitch, but having watched Kompany speak a few times, he comes across very dour and, dare I say, nervous.

As with Tomasson, I think Kompany has quite a challenge on his hands.

Hopefully a good sign. Mowbray in disguise perhaps? 

18 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

@longsiders1882What did you make on Kompany's press conference today and your first game of the Season which is on Sky? 

was reported in the media 

Transfer News: Fulham, West Ham United will have to shell out £40 million for Nick Pope (thehardtackle.com)

Nottingham Forest plan bid for £59,000-a-week West Ham target (hitc.com)

The media, who couldn’t find Burnley if their lives depended on it. If those stories were accurate it would mean we turned away 3 clubs, just so we could sell for cut price to Newcastle? I suspect the truth is we hoped 20/25 and had to settle for between 10 And 15.

Quite happy with the managers words, more interested in his actions now. Let’s see who else goes, who comes in. Pre season games now announced.

We are on Sky as we are now ‘Vincent Kompany’s Burnley’. Get a poor start and we won’t be on again for months.

16 hours ago, goozburger said:

I don't think this will affect how well Burnley will do this season on the pitch, but having watched Kompany speak a few times, he comes across very dour and, dare I say, nervous.

As with Tomasson, I think Kompany has quite a challenge on his hands.

Not sure on this. He is very much on a level but I don’t think nervous. He has got a challenge as you say, same at your place. Expectations are high and I would expect Kompany knows his target is promotion in next 2 seasons. So many good teams in this division make that a huge ask for any manager.

5 hours ago, K-Hod said:

@longsiders1882 We usually give clubs that can fill it, the entire Darwen End. Not doubting your ability to fill it, more the plod’s willingness to allow that!

Think you had 5.5k of around 8k last time.

Possibly the same. If it’s the bus fiasco again I’m not sure I’ll even try for a ticket.

51 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

The media, who couldn’t find Burnley if their lives depended on it. If those stories were accurate it would mean we turned away 3 clubs, just so we could sell for cut price to Newcastle? I suspect the truth is we hoped 20/25 and had to settle for between 10 And 15.

Quite happy with the managers words, more interested in his actions now. Let’s see who else goes, who comes in. Pre season games now announced.

We are on Sky as we are now ‘Vincent Kompany’s Burnley’. Get a poor start and we won’t be on again for months.

Not sure on this. He is very much on a level but I don’t think nervous. He has got a challenge as you say, same at your place. Expectations are high and I would expect Kompany knows his target is promotion in next 2 seasons. So many good teams in this division make that a huge ask for any manager.

Possibly the same. If it’s the bus fiasco again I’m not sure I’ll even try for a ticket.

You’re right, talk is cheap. It’s what they can get the players to do on the pitch that counts.

21 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Then they won’t be getting the players. Collins, McNeill are both young and under decent lengths of contracts, Brownhill and Roberts same. People want them they have to come up with the dough. I’m hearing especially true in Collins who we have no desire to sell at all.  

Bit naive that.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Only saying what was reported by the media. Forest have gone for Dean Henderson now. 

3 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

We are on Sky as we are now ‘Vincent Kompany’s Burnley’. Get a poor start and we won’t be on again for months

Fair enough. Are you looking forward to the new season and being back in the championship? 

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Only saying what was reported by the media. Forest have gone for Dean Henderson now. 

Fair enough. Are you looking forward to the new season and being back in the championship? 

I am though not without apprehension. No Dyche, No Mee, No Tarkowski and no Pope. We’ve had those stalwarts so long there’s a combination of excitement but also fear of the unknown. Also the league itself. We may not face quality like Man City too often but not one team lies down in this league. I remember it being fierce and competitive in different ways to the Premier League - and as a club and fans we have to learn all about it again. I fear some of my fellow Clarets might be underestimating the scale of the challenge.

That said, new manager, different style of play, new players, local derbies back and at least a possibility of actually competing towards the top of the table. Yeah major feeling is one of excitement.

25 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

I am though not without apprehension. No Dyche, No Mee, No Tarkowski and no Pope. We’ve had those stalwarts so long there’s a combination of excitement but also fear of the unknown. Also the league itself. We may not face quality like Man City too often but not one team lies down in this league. I remember it being fierce and competitive in different ways to the Premier League - and as a club and fans we have to learn all about it again. I fear some of my fellow Clarets might be underestimating the scale of the challenge.

That said, new manager, different style of play, new players, local derbies back and at least a possibility of actually competing towards the top of the table. Yeah major feeling is one of excitement.

If you make the right additions you will likely find that there very much are teams that are succeptible to a battering. We beat Birmingham, Peterborough and Cardiff by 4 goals each at home with all 3 rolling over somewhat. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Yes it very competitive league and I am looking to the new season cos we get our new head coach in and everything he has said and done has impressed me greatly. 

Every game is a battle at this level and there is plenty of local games this season. 

Yes it a new manager with his new coaching staff that has to bring in new players and get everyone used to his tactics and coaching style. 

Looks like you have pulled out Daniel Ballard deal from Arsenal now. Wolves wanted Connor Roberts so looks like you will need plenty of new additions now 

Edited by chaddyrovers

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes it very competitive league and I am looking to the new season cos we get our new head coach in and everything he has said and done has impressed me greatly. 

Every game is a battle at this level and there is plenty of local games this season. 

Yes it a new manager with his new coaching staff that has to bring in new players and get everyone used to his tactics and coaching style. 

Looks like you have pulled out Daniel Ballard deal from Arsenal now. Wolves wanted Connor Roberts so looks like you will need plenty of new additions now 

Not heard anything had changed on Ballard so we will just have to see - expecting some announcements tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest. Was expecting three, Ballard, Twine and Egan but as ever these things aren’t done until they are done.

Losing Roberts will be a blow but not unexpected to be honest. Wouldn’t be surprised to lose Taylor as well if I’m honest. 

6 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Not heard anything had changed on Ballard so we will just have to see - expecting some announcements tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest. Was expecting three, Ballard, Twine and Egan but as ever these things aren’t done until they are done.

Losing Roberts will be a blow but not unexpected to be honest. Wouldn’t be surprised to lose Taylor as well if I’m honest. 

Players don’t hang around for long after a relegation these days do they ? 

27 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

been reported this morning in the media you pulled out of his deal and go for Oxford defender instead. 

Scott Twine is a good player in what I watched in the 2 playoffs games for MK dons. 

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Players don’t hang around for long after a relegation these days do they ? 

No, I understand it to a degree. From our side I think the main thing is to try and do business early and quickly. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

been reported this morning in the media you pulled out of his deal and go for Oxford defender instead. 

Scott Twine is a good player in what I watched in the 2 playoffs games for MK dons. 

I only know what I’ve read. Potentially a great signing - or at least an exciting one. Always a question on whether a player can step up a level but general views seems to be he should do well. It’s a good start (if it actually gets over the line) but still plenty more needed.

Seeing different claims around Ballard - from couldn’t pass a medical (seems unlikely) to couldn’t agree terms (much more likely). A shame as he looked like a very good defender.

3 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

No, I understand it to a degree. From our side I think the main thing is to try and do business early and quickly. 

I only know what I’ve read. Potentially a great signing - or at least an exciting one. Always a question on whether a player can step up a level but general views seems to be he should do well. It’s a good start (if it actually gets over the line) but still plenty more needed.

Seeing different claims around Ballard - from couldn’t pass a medical (seems unlikely) to couldn’t agree terms (much more likely). A shame as he looked like a very good defender.

I haven’t seen Twine play but lots of clubs were watching him. I haven’t seen Ballard play either. We got Dack from that level of football and he was a real class act before his injuries. There are players out there but it’s a 50/50 chance of them making the step up my estimation..

• Like 2

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers 0-7 Fulham

Rovers 5-1 Cardiff

Rovers 4-0 Birmingham

Rovers 4-0 Peterborough

Reading 0-7 Fulham

Fulham 7-0 Luton

Not sure about that!

Burnley seem to be ahead of us unfortunately in putting together a new team. 

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Rovers 0-7 Fulham

Rovers 5-1 Cardiff

Rovers 4-0 Birmingham

Rovers 4-0 Peterborough

Reading 0-7 Fulham

Fulham 7-0 Luton

Not sure about that!

Burnley seem to be ahead of us unfortunately in putting together a new team. 

I was basing it on my memories. Also you were a team that was at one point right at the top end of the league.

Not sure we are ahead of you, if only because of the numbers we need.

12 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

I was basing it on my memories. Also you were a team that was at one point right at the top end of the league.

I think we both have huge gaps, we have lost our captain, our player of the season, our main right back, a key central midfielder and a regular wide man so 5 key regular starters. We are also practically certain to lose our only consistent goalscorer and also have lost a number of squad players.

I suppose you have lost 2 key CB's, your goalkeeper and are almost certain to lose your main goal threat as well as a few squad fillers but I guess the thing is there is a chance that you lose 1 or 2 more.

Still, we got managers on the same day but you seem to be doing business very quickly. I guess it is all about quality and you have a big advantage with a lot more money, hopefully we can get some deals done in the next week or 2.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

well it did get over the line. 

Ballard seems a very good defender but you seem to be chasing a few centre backs now. 

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Rovers 0-7 Fulham

Rovers 5-1 Cardiff

Rovers 4-0 Birmingham

Rovers 4-0 Peterborough

Reading 0-7 Fulham

Fulham 7-0 Luton

Not sure about that!

Burnley seem to be ahead of us unfortunately in putting together a new team

We don't need a new team tho. Burnley does. 

5 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

exactly you need around the double the signings we do. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

We don't need a new team tho. Burnley does. 

Our strongest first 11 from last season has lost:

Nyambe, Zeefuik (back up RWB), Lenihan, van Hecke, Giles (back up LWB), Rothwell, Johnson, Clarkson, Khadra, Poveda, Davenport, and will soon lose Brereton. That’s a combined 19,291 minutes of first team football last season we don’t have this season. Yes, some players will step up from U23s. But we need some major first team ready signings. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, J*B said:

Our strongest first 11 from last season has lost:

Nyambe, Zeefuik (back up RWB), Lenihan, van Hecke, Giles (back up LWB), Rothwell, Johnson, Clarkson, Khadra, Poveda, Davenport, and will soon lose Brereton. That’s a combined 19,291 minutes of first team football last season we don’t have this season. Yes, some players will step up from U23s. But we need some major first team ready signings. 

Spot on.

We need 5 or 6 with Championship experience.

Thinking that we can solely rely on U23s to plug all the gaps is dillusional.

• Like 1

Just now, Wheelton Blue said:

Spot on.

We need 5 or 6 with Championship experience.

Thinking that we can solely rely on U23s to plug all the gaps is dillusional.

At least two right backs, at least two centre backs, one left back, two central midfielders, one winger, one striker. I make it 9…