BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

no guarantee in that. 

I know some fans wanted him out before Christmas/New year time. They felt his style of play and players needed a new voice.  

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

They would have gone straight back up assuming they went down but the style wasnt "attractive" enough.

Glad he isnt their manager though as they are worse without him.

Aye the old ‘not playing football the right way’ nonsense. For the record most fans have spent the last 6 years or so singing ‘anti, anti football’ as we beat teams like Bournemouth who ‘played the right way’. I wouldn’t have sacked him personally but we did and it is exciting to look forward to new faces, a new style etc. I doubt we will go straight back up personally, unless maybe we sneak into  the playoffs and get lucky. Just too much to bed in IMO.

On that note apparently we have signed McNally - so another player we need to make the step up. Good stays in League 1 though but if Collins doesn’t go that’s a young pairing.

55 minutes ago, goozburger said:

@longsiders1882 I'm slightly surprised that you lot have made two signings from League One. Quick business, certainly, but I thought your sights might have been set a bit higher. Even with the "cheap" Pope sale, you'll have a little money to play with just from that.

Perhaps English clubs don't want to go through the work permit rigmarole too often given that it takes ~3 weeks to come through, notwithstanding the reduced availability of players. According to our DoF, the European market is about 20% of the size it was previously, so it's quite a tight market. On the plus side, it might give British potential a better chance in the game.

I know the ideal profile they want is young, talented with a potential  for a resale profit. Hearing Egan-Riley and Harwood-Bellis are close as well - which definitely suggests Collins is going to me.

I’m all for signing young talent and maybe the feeling is with our existing experienced players we can bring in younger players. Ben Wiles is another one we are being strongly linked with. That said even if all those come we still need another 3 or 4 - and more if we lose additional players - so maybe we will see a couple of more experienced players, maybe even from Europe.

Edited by longsiders1882

2 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

I know the ideal profile they want is young, talented with a potential  for a resale profit. Hearing Egan-Riley and Harwood-Bellis are close as well - which definitely suggests Collins is going to me.

I’m all for signing young talent and maybe the feeling is with our existing experienced players we can bring in younger players. Ben Wiles is another one we are being strongly linked with. That said even if all those come we still need another 3 or 4 - and more if we lose additional players - so maybe we will see a couple of more experienced players, maybe even from Europe.

Time will tell but I think they may be shrewd, if not amazing signings.

Aye the old ‘not playing football the right way’ nonsense. For the record most fans have spent the last 6 years or so singing ‘anti, anti football’ as we beat teams like Bournemouth who ‘played the right way’. I wouldn’t have sacked him personally but we did and it is exciting to look forward to new faces, a new style etc. I doubt we will go straight back up personally, unless maybe we sneak into  the playoffs and get lucky. Just too much to bed in IMO.

On that note apparently we have signed McNally - so another player we need to make the step up. Good stays in League 1 though but if Collins doesn’t go that’s a young pairing.

Only repeating the conversations I had on Christmas eve with a couple of Burnley fans. 

You seems to be targeting young talent players from league 1 and City loans at the minute. 

Collins being linked 20 to 30 mil PL league move this evening

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Only repeating the conversations I had on Christmas eve with a couple of Burnley fans. 

You seems to be targeting young talent players from league 1 and City loans at the minute. 

Collins being linked 20 to 30 mil PL league move this evening

Be sad to lose Collins but intrigued to see how he does. He looked destined for the very top to me. That said I thought Leeds might come in with a big bid now they’ve got cash from Philips and Raphina to splurge and I suspect he’s too inexperienced for the very top teams to take a punt.

15 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Be sad to lose Collins but intrigued to see how he does. He looked destined for the very top to me. That said I thought Leeds might come in with a big bid now they’ve got cash from Philips and Raphina to splurge and I suspect he’s too inexperienced for the very top teams to take a punt.

I think Leeds will come for Ben Brereton now and Maybe Collins will have be another target

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The way prices are today it’s got to be £20 million. He’s bit different to most strikers because he can run with the ball instead of just running after it.

forest interested in liverpools neco williams,liverpool want 15 million🤣,if he`s going for that amount then we should be adding another 5 million on diaz value

• Like 1

Burnley are unfortunately appearing to be very decisive in the transfer market, seemingly going for younger players to compliment the experienced core that they already have. Twine and McNally have already signed, Harwood Bellis and Egan-Riley seemingly imminent and now Muleka to come. An interesting name that I have never heard of but young, fast and coming off a good season.

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Burnley are unfortunately appearing to be very decisive in the transfer market, seemingly going for younger players to compliment the experienced core that they already have. Twine and McNally have already signed, Harwood Bellis and Egan-Riley seemingly imminent and now Muleka to come. An interesting name that I have never heard of but young, fast and coming off a good season.

They’re not hanging about are they…. Unlike us 🙄☹️

• Like 2

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

2 hours ago, Butty said:

They’re not hanging about are they…. Unlike us 🙄☹️

44 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We need more than you though because we will lose a few more yet. Know very little about either Muleka or Bastien other than what I can read but Kompany must now them.

No idea what our starting 11 is going to look like but it should be a damn sight younger than the one we had last season 😂

24 minutes ago, goozburger said:

@longsiders1882 Do you have any academy players on the verge of breaking through? I can't say I've kept a close eye on your situation, but Mumbongo is the only name I've heard in the last couple of seasons.

The contrasting methodologies are quite interesting. We seem to be going all in on our academy, while you seem to be relying on purchases for your rebuild. You fancy dandies with your cash buying all these flashy foreigners!

I was only thinking about this the other day and then it occurred to me. How many of the foreigners have been to Burnley ? 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

We need more than you though because we will lose a few more yet. Know very little about either Muleka or Bastien other than what I can read but Kompany must now them.

No idea what our starting 11 is going to look like but it should be a damn sight younger than the one we had last season 😂

Even though you need more you’ve made a start and from reading up on them they seem pretty decent signings so far. You’re going to have a new look team so it may take time for your lot to gel, shame we have to wait till November to play you! If Kompany is up to it you should definitely be finishing top six minimum, I obviously hope he flops.  

1 hour ago, goozburger said:

@longsiders1882 Do you have any academy players on the verge of breaking through? I can't say I've kept a close eye on your situation, but Mumbongo is the only name I've heard in the last couple of seasons.

The contrasting methodologies are quite interesting. We seem to be going all in on our academy, while you seem to be relying on purchases for your rebuild. You fancy dandies with your cash buying all these flashy foreigners!

I don’t hugely follow the academy stuff however I believe there maybe 2 prospects. Historically Dyche wasn’t keen to blood them it seemed but maybe Kompany will 🤷‍♂️

52 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I was only thinking about this the other day and then it occurred to me. How many of the foreigners have been to Burnley ? 

You do know they won’t live on the stoops estate right - or probably not even in Lancashire, unless it’s ribble valley.

44 minutes ago, Butty said:

Even though you need more you’ve made a start and from reading up on them they seem pretty decent signings so far. You’re going to have a new look team so it may take time for your lot to gel, shame we have to wait till November to play you! If Kompany is up to it you should definitely be finishing top six minimum, I obviously hope he flops.  

Yeah at least by November we should have gelled and established our style.

17 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

I don’t hugely follow the academy stuff however I believe there maybe 2 prospects. Historically Dyche wasn’t keen to blood them it seemed but maybe Kompany will 🤷‍♂️

You do know they won’t live on the stoops estate right - or probably not even in Lancashire, unless it’s ribble valley.

Yeah at least by November we should have gelled and established our style.

We like it around here, it’s great bit of the country. Manchester in one direction and beautiful countryside in the other. However what I was inferring is if you don’t know a lot about British football you could assume a relatively long standing Prem club would be a bit more “ Big Time “. You might assume you were going to somewhere like Newcastle or Everton, and you aren’t.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We like it around here, it’s great bit of the country. Manchester in one direction and beautiful countryside in the other. However what I was inferring is if you don’t know a lot about British football you could assume a relatively long standing Prem club would be a bit more “ Big Time “. You might assume you were going to somewhere like Newcastle or Everton, and you aren’t.

To be fair a fair amount has been spent on Gawthorpe this last decade so it’s pretty state of the art. The two old stands are what they are but I believe money been spent on the changing rooms etc as well. So not Everton or Newcastle but not non league either. Standard Liege’s average attendance is on about 23k so only a bit more than ours at 20k really.

On 28/06/2022 at 19:02, longsiders1882 said:

Aye the old ‘not playing football the right way’ nonsense. For the record most fans have spent the last 6 years or so singing ‘anti, anti football’ as we beat teams like Bournemouth who ‘played the right way’. 

I’ve had a season ticket since 1973 -  I go on week in week out because It’s my home town club , indeed I lived on Brunshaw Road for many years, and clearly I enjoy watching football. Now notwithstanding that being in the topflight is all very exciting Dycheball has in the main been a severe challenge over the years - entertainment value close to nil you’d get almost as much joy from watching us on the old ceefax half pished …

23 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

To be fair a fair amount has been spent on Gawthorpe this last decade so it’s pretty state of the art. The two old stands are what they are but I believe money been spent on the changing rooms etc as well. So not Everton or Newcastle but not non league either. Standard Liege’s average attendance is on about 23k so only a bit more than ours at 20k really.

Gawthorpe is excellent now - the state of the two stands is irrelevant to the players so long as they are able to live in City centre Manchester or leafy Cheshire are treated well and get paid on time the players are happy - end of.