BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

12 minutes ago, TheHistoryTeacher said:

I’ve had a season ticket since 1973 -  I go on week in week out because It’s my home town club , indeed I lived on Brunshaw Road for many years, and clearly I enjoy watching football. Now notwithstanding that being in the topflight is all very exciting Dycheball has in the main been a severe challenge over the years - entertainment value close to nil you’d get almost as much joy from watching us on the old ceefax half pished …

Really? 2 promotions, one as champions? 23 undefeated, finishing 7th, playing in Scotland, Turkey and Greece? Easily best seasons in my life.

Oh and when you talk about our brief European campaign - did you enjoy the bit when the master tactician picked a weakened team in every Euro game ?  A great tactical decision that saw the team that finished 7th inspired to sit in the bottom three of the league for much of 2018/19 … and don’t even mention the domestic cups  - nothing but a complete shambles 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, TheHistoryTeacher said:

Oh and when you talk about our brief European campaign - did you enjoy the bit when the master tactician picked a weakened team in every Euro game ?  A great tactical decision that saw the team that finished 7th inspired to sit in the bottom three of the league for much of 2018/19 … and don’t even mention the domestic cups  - nothing but a complete shambles 

We loved every minute of your demise last season...chin chin!

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

We loved every minute of your demise last season...chin chin!

We’ve seen it all before -

We’ll see it all again …

and here we are back in the second tier where we probably both belong these days 

Edited by TheHistoryTeacher
Spelling

27 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

No club ‘belongs’ anywhere. 

True of course but we’ve spent quite a lot of years at this level - that is all I meant .. I’ll rephrase it as I think we’ve probably found our natural level notwithstanding one of two extremes

One being outstanding management

The opposite being what we all fear most financial meltdown 

the world has changed for town clubs whatever our past might be  and I did say ‘probably’ 

I think our time outside the top two divisons amounts to 18 seasons and for you lads it is I think just 6 ?

Not many years for the two clubs combined since 1888 …

Edited by TheHistoryTeacher
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Do Bournemouth ‘belong’ as a PL/top end Championship club? Do Fulham? Do Watford? Brentford?

Talking about ‘natural levels’ is nonsense when the third division is full of ‘big’ clubs.

Yes and see my comment about

financial mismanagement for an

explanation of why x number of clubs

suddenly collapse beyond where

they’ve almost alway played …

6 minutes ago, TheHistoryTeacher said:

Yes and see my comment about

financial mismanagement for an

explanation of why x number of clubs

suddenly collapse beyond where

they’ve almost alway played …

That’s football, you are badly run, badly owned you struggle, ever thus.

Ipswich belong in L1 because that’s where they are.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

That’s football, you are badly run, badly owned you struggle, ever thus.

Ipswich belong in L1 because that’s where they are.

Yet in the first season I started going regularly to Ewood Ipswich Town pipped Burnley to win the old First  Division title. Courtesy of Rovers winning home and away v Burnley I would suggest.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TheHistoryTeacher said:

I’ve had a season ticket since 1973 -  I go on week in week out because It’s my home town club , indeed I lived on Brunshaw Road for many years, and clearly I enjoy watching football. Now notwithstanding that being in the topflight is all very exciting Dycheball has in the main been a severe challenge over the years - entertainment value close to nil you’d get almost as much joy from watching us on the old ceefax half pished …

your opinion is similar to a couple of dingles fans I spoken on last Christmas Eve. complains over Dyche style of play, no Plan B and not evolving the team into playing better football. 

What your view on Kompany's appointments and the signings you make so far? 

24 minutes ago, goozburger said:

I'm firmly in the camp of winning football, regardless of style. Whilst I'm not holding it against JDT wanting to entertain the fans and play an effective passing game, it has to produce points. It rarely does, unfortunately, because we don't have the guile to carry it out, but JDT is a new man with different ideas, and deserves his chance to make it work. Something that's nice to watch, such as fast and incisive passing, would be a bonus. As long as it wins matches or gets you results that exceed your expectations.

I think that sort of playing style has a certain shelf life and after a while you get bored of watching it. 

I'm looking forward to seeing us JDT and how he will play

24 minutes ago, goozburger said:

@longsiders1882 will surely correct me here because I don't know too much about the goings on, but my gut feeling is that Dyche had far less control over matters last season than under the previous regime. I think that's why they faltered, even if they were making £10m+ signings for exciting overseas players. I think Dyche is a man who, if given his way and his advice heeded to the full, you can grind out results to keep in the Premier League.

I posted a number of articles over the number of behind the scenes changes including to the scouting and medical side of the club. When he was sack, some of players agreed with that decision. Think Mike Jackson did well as caretaker and I'm surprised he won't be part of Kompany's first team staff there

I just think Dyche team was found out and lack of investment over the last 3 years plus not adapt to plan B at times cost them their place in the first team. 

32 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Sometimes it's just time to go, and I think Dyche's time, as resourceful a manager as he is, was up. He'll have no problems getting a job in a high-end Championship side, and possibly even a lower end Premier League side.

I don't see him getting a PL job but I can see one of the championship team who are tip for promotion hunt then struggle going for him. I think it will be between him and Rooney for it

1 minute ago, goozburger said:

As the Welsh Number One, you would think he'd want first team regular football. He won't get that with Samba ahead of him. Unless it's some sneaky move to get Premier League wages and be shipped out on loan to a Championship club.

Samba is leaving although Henderson has joined on loan from United this morning.

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Is it a modern day phenomenon to put so much focus on "style of play?"

Has anyone ever come off a Rovers game "bored" after a win? Or entertained following a loss?

Yep

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Has anyone ever come off a Rovers game "bored" after a win? Or entertained following a loss?

very much a modern day phenomenon,the media and younger generation of fans are all over it,allardyce era was the first time i heard it,all about performance over result,which to me is ****** stupid,whats the point of playing football if you lose 3-2 every week,the very essence of it proved what a load of shite it is when big sam was forced  out of everton for getting results in an ugly way,look at the state of the club now,you can kick the ***** out of the opposition and launch the ball 70 yards every time you get it but if you get points i could`nt care less,i bet cambridge fans under john beck did`nt complain when they booted theirselves up to the championship play offs

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

All this revisionist bullshit about how ‘miserable’ *EVERYBODY* was trudging up LBR (after another comfortable Premier League Ewood win under Sam).

Its professional football not Cirque du Soleil.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4