BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

15 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

That Muric is an absolute disaster. I hope you sign him!

I’d never heard of him until I saw the links. Is he really that poor? If so I can only pray it’s paper talk. 

BPF seemed to play regularly last season though so none on here did say he was poor. I guess we can only wait to see who is actually sold etc and go from there.

4 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

I’d never heard of him until I saw the links. Is he really that poor? If so I can only pray it’s paper talk. 

BPF seemed to play regularly last season though so none on here did say he was poor. I guess we can only wait to see who is actually sold etc and go from there.

What's the general demeanor across the Dingle message board(s) after this glut of signings?   I imagine some positivity has swept the fan base?  Okay, you're losing some big hitters (to be expected), but swift action in the market has considerably softened that blow?

Also, any indication on number of season tickets sold thus far?  Dare I ask 😪

15 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

What's the general demeanor across the Dingle message board(s) after this glut of signings?   I imagine some positivity has swept the fan base?  Okay, you're losing some big hitters (to be expected), but swift action in the market has considerably softened that blow?

Also, any indication on number of season tickets sold thus far?  Dare I ask 😪

The speed and proactivity if the recruitment is keeping most happy. Think we’d just like the status of McNeill, Brownhil, Collins and Cornet resolving but generally we are happy - personally feeling quite some trepidation, lots of young players from lower leagues or with minimal league experience, it’s quite a gamble.

On season tickets, last update I saw was to cover the early bird sales at around 12400. That was pre relegation and the Dyche sacking. I don’t know how many we sold last season overall but I’d anticipate a drop after relegation.

39 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

I remember seeing him a few times for Forest and he seemed to make a bad mistake in every game. Seems to be a modern day keeper whereby actual goalkeeping competence is not a priority in seeking someone who is ok with their feet.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

The speed and proactivity if the recruitment is keeping most happy. Think we’d just like the status of McNeill, Brownhil, Collins and Cornet resolving but generally we are happy - personally feeling quite some trepidation, lots of young players from lower leagues or with minimal league experience, it’s quite a gamble.

On season tickets, last update I saw was to cover the early bird sales at around 12400. That was pre relegation and the Dyche sacking. I don’t know how many we sold last season overall but I’d anticipate a drop after relegation.

Deeply depressing.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I remember seeing him a few times for Forest and he seemed to make a bad mistake in every game. Seems to be a modern day keeper whereby actual goalkeeping competence is not a priority in seeking someone who is ok with their feet.

Oh fantastic news.

1 hour ago, Jimmy612 said:

Deeply depressing.

To be fair it’s on the back of a sustained spell in the top flight. Your sales when relegated far exceeded ours. It’s inevitable they will drop for us along similar lines - unless we can get promoted quickly.

• Like 1

Just been hearing Phil Bardsley on TalkSport talk about how he found out he was leaving Burnley. It was via a link posted in the players' group chat which listed the players who Burnley were letting go of. He received no phone call or communication from anybody at the club about it, and two days later it was on Sky Sports News that he was leaving.

It was similar with Dale Stephens who only found out he was leaving when seeing the list on his Twitter feed.

A poor do, is that. Bardsley in particular, had been there for 5 years.

These kind of stories wind me up. A bit of courtesy and respect costs nothing. A "thank you for your efforts over the years, but we have decided not to renew your contract" would go a long way. I've heard many former players say they would have appreciated and accepted that type of communication, so it's not just a Burnley thing.

Unfortunately, there are cowards in senior positions at some clubs. We know all about that with the way the Berg and Appleton sackings were handled and how nobody communicated with Mowbray on his contract situation.

2 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Oh fantastic news.

As I understand it he's very highly rated, but like a lot of youngsters at top clubs, find the Championship a much steeper learning curve than they might've first imagined. Obviously gets highlighted a lot more when you're a goalkeeper.

Not sure if he would be permanent or not, but we've found that a lot of players you get loan from prem clubs would be great signings if they were on 4 year contracts, but you can really take or leave them if you just keep them for a year and let them make their mistakes. You get the odd exception like Harvey Elliott or Van Hecke last year, but just as often you get a Leighton Clarkson, Tom Lawrence or (dare I say it) Harwood-Bellis who are obviously talented but need more experience before consistently cutting it at the top of the Championship. 

4 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Kompany knows his very well from their City time to together. 

Muric had a couple of poor performances for Forest but that 3 years ago. 

I have zero idea if he has improved or develop in those 3 years. 

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I might be mistaken but did you once either suggest him as a potential good signing (I think it was before Kaminski signed) or went to great detail to defend him following a rumour that we wanted him?

4 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

Just been hearing Phil Bardsley on TalkSport talk about how he found out he was leaving Burnley. It was via a link posted in the players' group chat which listed the players who Burnley were letting go of. He received no phone call or communication from anybody at the club about it, and two days later it was on Sky Sports News that he was leaving.

It was similar with Dale Stephens who only found out he was leaving when seeing the list on his Twitter feed.

A poor do, is that. Bardsley in particular, had been there for 5 years.

These kind of stories wind me up. A bit of courtesy and respect costs nothing. A "thank you for your efforts over the years, but we have decided not to renew your contract" would go a long way. I've heard many former players say they would have appreciated and accepted that type of communication, so it's not just a Burnley thing.

Unfortunately, there are cowards in senior positions at some clubs. We know all about that with the way the Berg and Appleton sackings were handled and how nobody communicated with Mowbray on his contract situation.

I agree on Bardsley, not so much on Stephen’s whose sole achievement whilst a Burnley player was a drink drive conviction I think. In all cases however, if your contract has all but come to an end and you or your agent are not in discussions about a new deal I’d say you should have been able to join the dots. That said I’d still prefer us to do the decent thing.

4 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

As I understand it he's very highly rated, but like a lot of youngsters at top clubs, find the Championship a much steeper learning curve than they might've first imagined. Obviously gets highlighted a lot more when you're a goalkeeper.

Not sure if he would be permanent or not, but we've found that a lot of players you get loan from prem clubs would be great signings if they were on 4 year contracts, but you can really take or leave them if you just keep them for a year and let them make their mistakes. You get the odd exception like Harvey Elliott or Van Hecke last year, but just as often you get a Leighton Clarkson, Tom Lawrence or (dare I say it) Harwood-Bellis who are obviously talented but need more experience before consistently cutting it at the top of the Championship. 

I think the idea is a permanent deal but no agreement so far. On Harwood-Bellis, as Kompany had him for half a season I can only hope he can get the best out of him.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I know he’s just done a season in Turkey. A few bad games 3 seasons ago, he has hopefully learned from.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I might be mistaken but did you once either suggest him as a potential good signing (I think it was before Kaminski signed) or went to great detail to defend him following a rumour that we wanted him?

No I didn't suggest him a potential good signing but I had inside info that Mowbray was looking to loan a keeper and was given 2 names. One being Muric and the other one being Daniel Iversen. Nixon did a story a week after I have this inside info on this. 

I was willing to give him a chance and not write him after a bad couple of games at Forest

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No I didn't suggest him a potential good signing but I had inside info that Mowbray was looking to loan a keeper and was given 2 names. One being Muric and the other one being Daniel Iversen. Nixon did a story a week after I have this inside info on this. 

I was willing to give him a chance and not write him after a bad couple of games at Forest

Inside info that turned out to be as accurate as the rest of the ITK stuff recently! I thought you said he would be a good signing, my mistake.

33 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Inside info that turned out to be as accurate as the rest of the ITK stuff recently! I thought you said he would be a good signing, my mistake.

I never said we would sign him but said we had interested in signing him. You haven't separate between have an interest in signing him and we would sign him!  

Edited by chaddyrovers

5 hours ago, danger19_80 said:

Bellamy named as Kompany's assistant, the bloody traitor!

Not sure what to make of this. Always seemed like a loose cannon to me, great player but one or two wiring issues. That said he was with Kompany at Anderlecht so he must know him and rate him.

Strong links to Josh Cullen now, suggestions it’s all but done. I’d be happy with this signing, exactly the type of player we’ve needed / but makes me think Brownhill could be on his way.

3 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Strong links to Josh Cullen now, suggestions it’s all but done. I’d be happy with this signing, exactly the type of player we’ve needed / but makes me think Brownhill could be on his way.

Thats a very good signing if you sign him. 

Wanted him at Rovers before he went to Belgium

• Like 1

1 minute ago, goozburger said:

Hey, at least your lot know how to use a transfer window. Meanwhile, your noisy neighbours have absolutely sod all to talk about.

I believe Josh Cullen is also imminent.

Suggestion is he’s had a medical today - happy with that signing if it happens. 

Those players that are going I’d like us to get done as early as possible. Collins always looked likely to happen, Cornet another (though somethings he’s said suggest he’s happy to stay 🤷‍♂️) McNeill, Roberts, Brownhill if they are happening need sorting. We still need a keeper, a striker and replacements for McNeill/Cornet/Roberts  if they go. So yes we are active but we’ve got a bigger rebuild on than you so we needed to be quicker than you.

Hello Longsiders, what are your thoughts for the upcoming season? Is there confidence in the camp about the short trip down the road to the auld enemy? I don't think you'll find it too disorientating, given that there hasn't been a lick of paint on Ewood since the last time your yoof smashed up the bogs in the Darwen end 😉

It will certainly be interesting to see how your lot shape up in this division. It is much more physical than the Premier League, and the referees are uniformly tosh. You'll no doubt bring a core of Premier League quality (on the pitch at least 😉 !!) and an expectation of success.

Personally I'd like to see all of the Lancashire teams doing well this season, and a feel-good factor returning to the game for us long suffering northern fans. Too long have the southern contingent held sway, and there must be something in us all being founder members of the beautiful game, you'd think.

Your new management team is shiny and comes with an impressive pedigree from their playing days, whilst ours has breathed new hope and expectation into our downtrodden and gurning-chump-gaslit fanbase. 

I'm looking forward to the derby games against Burnleh - welcome back to football 'Guantanamo Bay-style' as no doubt the local plod will insist on spoiling the party with their high security / kick the fun out of the day approach to policing.

See ya!

3 hours ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Hello Longsiders, what are your thoughts for the upcoming season? Is there confidence in the camp about the short trip down the road to the auld enemy? I don't think you'll find it too disorientating, given that there hasn't been a lick of paint on Ewood since the last time your yoof smashed up the bogs in the Darwen end 😉

It will certainly be interesting to see how your lot shape up in this division. It is much more physical than the Premier League, and the referees are uniformly tosh. You'll no doubt bring a core of Premier League quality (on the pitch at least 😉 !!) and an expectation of success.

Personally I'd like to see all of the Lancashire teams doing well this season, and a feel-good factor returning to the game for us long suffering northern fans. Too long have the southern contingent held sway, and there must be something in us all being founder members of the beautiful game, you'd think.

Your new management team is shiny and comes with an impressive pedigree from their playing days, whilst ours has breathed new hope and expectation into our downtrodden and gurning-chump-gaslit fanbase. 

I'm looking forward to the derby games against Burnleh - welcome back to football 'Guantanamo Bay-style' as no doubt the local plod will insist on spoiling the party with their high security / kick the fun out of the day approach to policing.

See ya!

Well Shirley let me tell you. I’m not sure about optimism or expectation. Excitement sure but mixed with trepidation. Our squad is 70% new, young and somewhat unproven at this level. I can foresee a topsy turvy season where a fantastic result is followed by a shocker.

As fo’t ‘el crapico’ - honestly not a clue how it will go beyond a section of both sets of fans will be bells who smash toilets and the bill will stop sensible folks like me make our own way there - meaning I’ll give the away game a miss again. One positive is the first game isn’t until November so at least our squad should have adapted to the system and each other by then.

Im looking forward to all the local games though, PNE, Blackpool, Wigan as well as you lot. Whilst I obviously want us to beat you all home and away and finish highest in the league I do want all the Lancs teams to do well. There is a lot to enjoy about the Premier League but our last couple of seasons were not the most enjoyable so let’s see how we enjoy our first one for a while in the Championship. Also only just occurred to me there’s no VAR so we can enjoy a goal scored like we used to - though I’m sure after a few poor calls I’ll be wishing we had it again.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Suggestion is he’s had a medical today - happy with that signing if it happens. 

Those players that are going I’d like us to get done as early as possible. Collins always looked likely to happen, Cornet another (though somethings he’s said suggest he’s happy to stay 🤷‍♂️) McNeill, Roberts, Brownhill if they are happening need sorting. We still need a keeper, a striker and replacements for McNeill/Cornet/Roberts  if they go. So yes we are active but we’ve got a bigger rebuild on than you so we needed to be quicker than you.

Interesting. Such a big call that. He's obviously a class above the vast majority of players at this level, and could be the difference between going up or not. Having said that, didn't he miss plenty of last season through injury, despite only playing once a week? You might be able to put the decent fee that you should get for him to better use elsewhere. 

I feel like every post I make on this thread is questioning the fitness and hunger of your players at this level, so I'll try to stop after this one!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Interesting. Such a big call that. He's obviously a class above the vast majority of players at this level, and could be the difference between going up or not. Having said that, didn't he miss plenty of last season through injury, despite only playing once a week? You might be able to put the decent fee that you should get for him to better use elsewhere. 

I feel like every post I make on this thread is questioning the fitness and hunger of your players at this level, so I'll try to stop after this one!

He struggled when he came back from the  cup of nations. Might find 46 game seasons a bit much so maybe used carefully - IF he stays.

Collins deal going through today it seems. So we’ve more money to spend but another squad space to fill.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well I did predict that Burnley would lose Collins didn't I @longsiders1882

How many players have you signed so far and in your opinion which one is the best signing he made so far? 

Cornet still want out? 

You did - and they’ve stumped up a decent amount though I feel we could/should have pushed it towards 30, I honestly believe he will become that good.

Best signing? I’m happy with them all BUT we need some experience. As such I think I’m happiest with Cullen, reading around about him he sounds like he has real quality. Also excited to see how Twine does.

Think Cornet himself seems pretty relaxed so far but I still expect him to go. With selling Collins we don’t need to sell anymore so let’s see what offers actually materialise. If he does start the season for us I think he will cause opposition players a lot of problems . Quiet so far on McNeill so if we want to sell we will have to lower our price. Depends how much he’s pushing for a move. Quiet on Roberts again. I suspect Brownhill will go.

1 hour ago, goozburger said:

Josh Cullen also confirmed. They're not messing around, are they?!

6 so far, likely 4 more, maybe 6 depending on other sales. Even though the season starts early I think the window shuts at the same time?