BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

1 hour ago, goozburger said:

Teehee, you're correct! Had a good weekend doing f*ck all than watching sports and getting into a new one. Cheers to you. ☺️🍻

I think you'll get six points from us this season. You talk about a rebuild job, but you're quite modest about it and have got some good players in for this league by all accounts. Kompany dons his Pulis Klopp baseball hat which must count for something and instil confidence in the players, so I think you'll do well.

My view is we have some good players, and some that have potential. Assuming as I am that we will at least lose Cornet but bring in a wide replacement and a younger striker then in all honesty I suspect we will have games where we are very good and others where we get turned  over - I just hope our two games against you are the former.

1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

Not sure Robins gets to decide. He’s annoyed about Kompany’s comments apparently. It’s not done but sounds close but if not we will need to look elsewhere as we need wide attackers unless Cornet and McNeill stay with Cornet now heavily linked ti Newcastle.

O'Hare isn't a wide player but more of a number 10 player. You already have Scott Twine for that spot. 

I don't think its close at all given Mark Robins comments and maybe Kompany need to learn about speaking about other players at other clubs with respect and not tapping them up. 

Cornet will go for sure. McNeil most likely also

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

O'Hare isn't a wide player but more of a number 10 player. You already have Scott Twine for that spot. 

I don't think its close at all given Mark Robins comments and maybe Kompany need to learn about speaking about other players at other clubs with respect and not tapping them up. 

Cornet will go for sure. McNeil most likely also

From what I’ve read it’s very close to being done. Making some good signings the dingles, they are assembling a squad that should make the top six at least. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, goozburger said:

When supporters weren't allowed into the stadiums, I believe match passes were available for £10 to domestic supporters. I think supporters who bought season tickets were also given match passes to watch games that they weren't allowed to attend (at home only, of course). I don't think there has been any sort of league-based match pass for domestic supporters outside of lockdown periods, though. I'd be interested to see the article you mentioned if there's a way you can show it to me.

As an overseas supporter, the EFL's iFollow platform which started in 2017/18 has been fantastic. Rovers moved away from iFollow last season and now use another platform (branded RoversTV) to show the games in a similar way. A number of clubs have recently started to move away from iFollow, probably due to hefty fees in providing the digital platform. Either way, it's a big bonus for me to be able to watch virtually every game on it, and it's excellent value at ~£3 per game. For games that I can't watch on RoversTV, they are always on the local sports channel. I pay a relative pittance for the latter, but it's just a single company that airs what you see on both Sky Sports and BT Sport (are they still doing it?).

If we were to get promoted, I'd have a hard time getting to watch us regularly.

Just very quickly on this topic.  During lockdown etc I found iFollow really easy to use - one or two initial teething problems when every fan in the country tried to access summer of 2020 if I remember, but otherwise piece of cake.  The Rovers one I found to be absolutely bloody abysmal.  I can never find where to access the match centre and start watching. 

Has anyone else had trouble with it? 

5 hours ago, goozburger said:

When supporters weren't allowed into the stadiums, I believe match passes were available for £10 to domestic supporters. I think supporters who bought season tickets were also given match passes to watch games that they weren't allowed to attend (at home only, of course). I don't think there has been any sort of league-based match pass for domestic supporters outside of lockdown periods, though. I'd be interested to see the article you mentioned if there's a way you can show it to me.

As an overseas supporter, the EFL's iFollow platform which started in 2017/18 has been fantastic. Rovers moved away from iFollow last season and now use another platform (branded RoversTV) to show the games in a similar way. A number of clubs have recently started to move away from iFollow, probably due to hefty fees in providing the digital platform. Either way, it's a big bonus for me to be able to watch virtually every game on it, and it's excellent value at ~£3 per game. For games that I can't watch on RoversTV, they are always on the local sports channel. I pay a relative pittance for the latter, but it's just a single company that airs what you see on both Sky Sports and BT Sport (are they still doing it?).

If we were to get promoted, I'd have a hard time getting to watch us regularly.

This is the article I saw - https://theathletic.com/3423113/2022/07/18/efl-ifollow-streaming-tv/?source=user_shared_article

Re-reading it now it seems to mainly impact League 1/2 rather than the championship.

Edited by longsiders1882
Added 2nd sentence

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Sky reporting West Ham and Palace in talks with Burnley over a deal for McNeil

Indeed - 15 million plus. I rate him but he will need to do more than he has last season and a half. A change of scenery might do him some good. Be sorry to see him go - and a little surprised because of his recent form - but his name was one of the ‘expected to leave’ list members when we got relegated.

Though Chris Boden from the Burnley Express says no truth in it :

D42203DE-23B6-481C-B9AF-A44D5C9BA308.jpeg

Edited by longsiders1882
Added Burnley express info

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

So does Kompany's scouting network extend beyond Eastlands, or...?

So far we’ve signed players from Milton Keynes, Anderlecht, Standard Liege and Oxford and tried to sign another player from Standard Liege and allegedly are trying to sign one from Coventry. But yes we’ve only looked at City.

36 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Burnley have signed Muric on a permanent deal. 

Can’t decide how I feel about this one. Had a very poor loan at forest 3/4 years ago, then again he was only 19 and last season I believe made team of your in Turkey. 

2 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Can’t decide how I feel about this one. Had a very poor loan at forest 3/4 years ago, then again he was only 19 and last season I believe made team of your in Turkey.

You can't judge that signing on a spell 3 or 4 years ago at Forest. 

He seemed to be Kompany first choice Keeper signing. 

How do you feel about the season and what you expectations? 

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You can't judge that signing on a spell 3 or 4 years ago at Forest. 

He seemed to be Kompany first choice Keeper signing. 

How do you feel about the season and what you expectations? 

I feel excited - then again I always do before a ball is kicked. That said this is going to be very different to what we have become accustomed, new style and approach.

As for expectations, a real mix of outstanding performances and dire ones. Lots of young players, new to each other and new to the style and club. Of course it is possible they will gel immediately but I don’t expect that. We could finish anywhere but our goal really has to be a minimum top 6 finish - I’m just not sure we will achieve that. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The only problem with players like Bellamy going into coaching is that none of the players under him will be half as good as he was. Some coach’s find that difficult to deal with.

he is`nt the most patient human being either,nailed on to upset the dressing room with his rantings,likely to undermine kompany as well,nightmare to work with people like that

6 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he is`nt the most patient human being either,nailed on to upset the dressing room with his rantings,likely to undermine kompany as well,nightmare to work with people like that

Hopefully. He did a great job for us when he was here. Hopefully he can keep doing a great job for us down the road. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

He was certainly a hothead as a player but he seems to be very highly regarded as a coach. 

Perhaps a bit like listening to John McEnroe talk about tennis now, which is an absolute joy.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

I feel excited - then again I always do before a ball is kicked. That said this is going to be very different to what we have become accustomed, new style and approach.

As for expectations, a real mix of outstanding performances and dire ones. Lots of young players, new to each other and new to the style and club. Of course it is possible they will gel immediately but I don’t expect that. We could finish anywhere but our goal really has to be a minimum top 6 finish - I’m just not sure we will achieve that. 

Its going to be very interesting time for you. 

I think he will take plenty of time to get used to this division and what is needed at this level. 

23 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

To be honest, and it pains me to say it, but I do expect you to make the top 6 quite easily.

Anything less would be a massive underachievement imo

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

To be honest, and it pains me to say it, but I do expect you to make the top 6 quite easily.

Anything less would be a massive underachievement imo

From what I am  being told by my friends , anything less than promotion would be calamitious.