BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

1 hour ago, Waggy76 said:

From what I am  being told by my friends , anything less than promotion would be calamitious.

Same people who said relegation would finish us? We are due around 40 million in parachutes this season (35 next, then 15 if we aren’t up?) and we’ve already raised around 35 million in sales, spent around 11 so far plus paid 15 to Dell - so we still have ‘money’ - though cash flow looks like a problem. We’ve lost 15 premier league wages  from the wage bill. Financially we are nowhere near the basket case many would love to believe. Fail to get up next season and things then begin to look very challenging. 

2 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

He was certainly a hothead as a player but he seems to be very highly regarded as a coach. 

Perhaps a bit like listening to John McEnroe talk about tennis now, which is an absolute joy.

As an aside, some of the stories doing the rounds about Woan and Dyche don’t read well for those 2.

• Like 1

For what it is worth, as long as bragging rights are won through hard endeavour and passion home and away in the two derbies this season, I will be satisfied. There will be an extra edge to the season, courtesy of our neighbours somewhat unexpected fall from grace, but other than hoping Rovers come out on top at Ewood and 'Turd, I couldn't care less how the descended clarets do this season. Let battle commence!

3 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

As an aside, some of the stories doing the rounds about Woan and Dyche don’t read well for those 2.

What’s the goss?

I always suspected he was a bellend, especially when he got you into Europe.

8 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

For what it is worth, as long as bragging rights are won through hard endeavour and passion home and away in the two derbies this season, I will be satisfied. There will be an extra edge to the season, courtesy of our neighbours somewhat unexpected fall from grace, but other than hoping Rovers come out on top at Ewood and 'Turd, I couldn't care less how the descended clarets do this season. Let battle commence!

Amen to that - except of course we come out on top in’t crapico.

7 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

What’s the goss?

I always suspected he was a bellend, especially when he got you into Europe.

To be clear, only rumours, I have no facts. Suggestion is big fight involving Gibson and a leading member of the management team which led to Dyche being told to either back his back room member or lose him. 
Lots of stories of bullying and also heard one where a player, possibly Cornet, was gripped by the throat. General suggestion is things had become quite toxic and Dyche very much believed his own hype. Not certain I believe everything that’s been said but he was sure quite arrogant.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

To be clear, only rumours, I have no facts. Suggestion is big fight involving Gibson and a leading member of the management team which led to Dyche being told to either back his back room member or lose him. 
Lots of stories of bullying and also heard one where a player, possibly Cornet, was gripped by the throat. General suggestion is things had become quite toxic and Dyche very much believed his own hype. Not certain I believe everything that’s been said but he was sure quite arrogant.

I heard from a shareholder that there was training ground fight in the week before Dyche departed and he said back me or sack me which they duly did. 

• Like 1

On 13/07/2022 at 20:18, roversfan99 said:

Unfortunately Burnley are reportedly closing in on Callum O'Hare. 

Well they didn't get anywhere close to signing O'Hare. They couldn't afford the 10 million asking price Coventry wanted. 

13 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

No surprise to see these rumours. I think what I read in the Athletic about the Dyche and why he left was spot on

1 hour ago, goozburger said:

Dingles beaten in two friendlies against Newcastle in Portugal yesterday. 3-1 and 6-1.

I think Kompany and Burnley will struggle in the championship this season. I don't expect them to finish top 6 by end of the season

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, goozburger said:

They've still got one of the best squads in the league, so I'd expect them to be challenging at the very least. It depends on how well the club as a whole adapts to such a big change in footballing philosophy, new playing and coaching staff, and Kompany gelling everything together.

Friendly results don't mean much. Their 6-1 defeat was apparently with a young line-up, but it's still quite a tonking, and might not bode well for them in terms of squad depth when the going gets tough. A quick look on their message boards and there is a little disgruntlement at pre-season here and there. Hope Huddersfield can give them a warm welcome back to the Championship on Friday night!

I'm not sure about having one of the best squad in this league. Very young at Centre back area in terms of championship experience. Same with the new keeper Muric. I think Josh Cullen and Scott Twine are both very good signings. I think Cornet and McNeil will leave before the end of the window. Plus can Barnes and Rodriquez still be affect at this level. 

I wonder how Kompany will set up against Huddersfield and it will be interesting to see the team he picks for the Huddersfield. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well they didn't get anywhere close to signing O'Hare. They couldn't afford the 10 million asking price Coventry wanted. 

No surprise to see these rumours. I think what I read in the Athletic about the Dyche and why he left was spot on

I think Kompany and Burnley will struggle in the championship this season. I don't expect them to finish top 6 by end of the season

I’m always amazed at how much you know about our finances - though in fairness all your pronouncements so far have been proved wrong. Can we afford 10 million? Of course we can. At that price does he fit the model? Not really is my guess as the sell on potential becomes diminished.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm not sure about having one of the best squad in this league. Very young at Centre back area in terms of championship experience. Same with the new keeper Muric. I think Josh Cullen and Scott Twine are both very good signings. I think Cornet and McNeil will leave before the end of the window. Plus can Barnes and Rodriquez still be affect at this level. 

I wonder how Kompany will set up against Huddersfield and it will be interesting to see the team he picks for the Huddersfield. 

I agree on the centre back area, it is a worry - but we have 2 excellent full backs. We also have Cullen, Cork, Brownhill and Bastien as centre mid options.

Will Cornet and McNeill go? I’d be amazed if Cornet doesn’t but so far no one has been willing to pay the price - and a strong rumour that the relegation clause in his contract is a media myth. On McNeill, I just don’t know, not a single solid link to him so far. I imagine the biggest danger is the deals are last minute and we can’t bring in replacements quickly enough. As for Barnes and Rodriguez, Jay in particular has recent experience at this level as well as the one above. I think he in particular should do OK - we need another, different striker though IMO. That said Kompany may well start with one Striker and Twine at number 10.

I don’t expect to pull up trees, especially early in the season but I do how that the team will grow during the early part. Not all fans are as pragmatic as I am so I’m sure some will be disgruntled but for me I’ll wait and see. It’s unrealistic IMO to expect this team to hit the ground running. Anyway I’m watching Peter Hook and The Light on Friday so I’ll be saved the horror show I’m anticipating until late in the evening.

3 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

I’m always amazed at how much you know about our finances - though in fairness all your pronouncements so far have been proved wrong. Can we afford 10 million? Of course we can. At that price does he fit the model? Not really is my guess as the sell on potential becomes diminished.

I'm amazed that you think I've been wrong. Finances have took a massive hit and that needed to restructure the loan with Michael Dell. Yes you will sell players to help them situation. Do you deny any of that? 

O'Hare fee was 10 million which you refuse to meet to on that point you are correct. 

7 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

I agree on the centre back area, it is a worry - but we have 2 excellent full backs. We also have Cullen, Cork, Brownhill and Bastien as centre mid options.

Will Cornet and McNeill go? I’d be amazed if Cornet doesn’t but so far no one has been willing to pay the price - and a strong rumour that the relegation clause in his contract is a media myth. On McNeill, I just don’t know, not a single solid link to him so far. I imagine the biggest danger is the deals are last minute and we can’t bring in replacements quickly enough. As for Barnes and Rodriguez, Jay in particular has recent experience at this level as well as the one above. I think he in particular should do OK - we need another, different striker though IMO. That said Kompany may well start with one Striker and Twine at number 10.

Well good football journalists have said Cornet has relegation release clause and I'm surprised he hasn't gone yet. He's been linked with 3 or 4 PL clubs

On McNeil, I think PL clubs might wait until closer to the deadline before trying to get him. 

It will be interesting to see how Barnes and Rodriguez especially if you are going to play a pressing game 

I'm having a fiver on them getting relegated.  This owner is toxic and I feel they are going down under his stewardship.   The pressure to get up considering how financed up to the eyeballs the club is, will be unbearable if they make a bad start.  Untested Manager at this level, not looking good.  Big Sam in there by Christmas to steady the ship

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

I'm having a fiver on them getting relegated.  This owner is toxic and I feel they are going down under his stewardship.   The pressure to get up considering how financed up to the eyeballs the club is, will be unbearable if they make a bad start.  Untested Manager at this level, not looking good.  Big Sam in there by Christmas to steady the ship

Untested at this level? The Belgian league isn’t exactly a Sunday kick about. As for BFS - not even in your wildest dreams. I’ve had a cheeky bet on us winning it as the odds were so good.

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Cornet will be a nightmare for defences in this League...Burnley's ace in the pack.

He would but it is highly unlikely we keep him beyond this window.

4 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Untested at this level? The Belgian league isn’t exactly a Sunday kick about. As for BFS - not even in your wildest dreams. I’ve had a cheeky bet on us winning it as the odds were so good.

Wish we had your squad. You'll easily finish top 6. 

• Like 1

i don` t think kompany is going to be a success,he could`nt get the biggest club in belgium (anderlecht) to finish in the top three last season,coupled with a manic assistant(bellamy)and a squad of new,young players who will time to gel,it`s a recipe for disaster,unfortunately i don`t think they`ll go down,he might get sacked by christmas if things ar`nt going well though,not a chance of promotion for them

• Like 2

No sign of any strikers incoming Longsider?  Thought that would be one of the first areas to be addressed.

If Cornet stays can you see him staying fit enough to handle the championship?  Games come at you far quicker than in the prem with all the mid-weekers and he seemed a bit injury prone.

Also has Twine been involved much pre season?  Burnley friend was saying he hasn't and suggests VK seems to want him to bulk up a bit?  

1 hour ago, goozburger said:

Initially I thought the same but having looked into it a bit, it appears he did quite well to keep them at the right end of the table after a poor few seasons before he came in. @longsiders1882 might be able to elaborate.

As big as they are they were skint, in big financial trouble is how I’ve read it. He’s gone in, brought through young players and turned them around by all accounts.

One thing that intrigues me with the ones negative about Kompany, having looked at the level JDT has managed at what makes anyone think he’s better equipped to navigate the league than Kompany?

55 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

No sign of any strikers incoming Longsider?  Thought that would be one of the first areas to be addressed.

If Cornet stays can you see him staying fit enough to handle the championship?  Games come at you far quicker than in the prem with all the mid-weekers and he seemed a bit injury prone.

Also has Twine been involved much pre season?  Burnley friend was saying he hasn't and suggests VK seems to want him to bulk up a bit?  

Nothing on a striker since that one deal fell through - but links persist to a possible loan of Delap. I think Cornet would need to be managed carefully re number of games/minutes if he stays - but again I doubt this very much. I can’t comment on Twine sorry beyond Kompany’s public statement basically suggesting the training was a bit more than he is used to.

29 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

True🤣

I doubt that - for a while you were contenders for automatic promotion. Appreciate you faded but you must still have some very god players.