BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

53 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Am I correct in thinking you have a player called Hedges? Which would mean if we complete this winger signing the crapico could recreate a classic Mike Bassett moment and have Benson & Hedges on the pitch 😂

Yes we have Hedges and a coach called Benson.

• Like 1

A friend's son who is a bobby has told me that the 'bubble' will possibly not be in operation for both games this season. Apparently plans were going ahead to use it but it has been pointed out that it's a breach of human rights. He said talks are on going.

Has anybody else heard similar?

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

A friend's son who is a bobby has told me that the 'bubble' will possibly not be in operation for both games this season. Apparently plans were going ahead to use it but it has been pointed out that it's a breach of human rights. He said talks are on going.

I'd love to know which human right is being breached simply by being safely transported to and from a football match (I'm 100% against the 'bubble' policing of the derby match by the way)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I'd love to know which human right is being breached simply by being safely transported to and from a football match (I'm 100% against the 'bubble' policing of the derby match by the way)

I really don't know Andy. I actually think it's the safest way of getting opposition supporters in and out. Whilst it's a pain in the arse I would rather do it than read about some poor Rovers or Burnley fans who have been attacked.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I really don't know Andy. I actually think it's the safest way of getting opposition supporters in and out. Whilst it's a pain in the arse I would rather do it than read about some poor Rovers or Burnley fans who have been attacked.

Agreed. I went to the 2000 match at t'Turf. Coaches from Blackburn but you didn't have to travel with them to get a ticket. Living in Rossendale I drove over and parked up about 10 mins from the ground. By the time the police let us leave after the game those of us going back to our own transport were like sitting ducks. There were Burnley fans wandering around. In fact a family friend (who we'd always had good banter with) was later convicted of attacking a Rovers fan on a street corner - needless to say we never spoke to him again. I've never been more relieved to get back to my car!!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

Since when were Burnley fans human? Dont they eat bananas with their feet?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, oneandycrawford said:

Agreed. I went to the 2000 match at t'Turf. Coaches from Blackburn but you didn't have to travel with them to get a ticket. Living in Rossendale I drove over and parked up about 10 mins from the ground. By the time the police let us leave after the game those of us going back to our own transport were like sitting ducks. There were Burnley fans wandering around. In fact a family friend (who we'd always had good banter with) was later convicted of attacking a Rovers fan on a street corner - needless to say we never spoke to him again. I've never been more relieved to get back to my car!!

I remember the case when it went to court. If I remember correctly the man who was assaulted was a dentist from Haslingden. Ironically he had a tooth (or teeth) knocked out. His crime was wearing a Rovers scarf.

2 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

It is a massive restriction on your rights and wouldn’t be acceptable for any o to et sector of society.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

I don’t disagree but I’d rather not be treat like a criminal for wanting to watch my team so I’ll give the away fixture a miss.

1 hour ago, oneandycrawford said:

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

I remember the case when it went to court. If I remember correctly the man who was assaulted was a dentist from Haslingden. Ironically he had a tooth (or teeth) knocked out. His crime was wearing a Rovers scarf.

Let’s be honest here - over the years plenty of fans on both sides have been attacked by the others. It isn’t a Burnley only issue. Looking at some recent press it seems, in the FL, violence is on the rise again as well.

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

Since when were Burnley fans human? Dont they eat bananas with their feet?

😳😳😳

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

It is a massive restriction on your rights and wouldn’t be acceptable for any other sector of society.

I don't think anyone would dispute that mate but what was suggested was that it is a breach of your human rights, which is a different kettle of fish. 

12 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

It is a massive restriction on your rights and wouldn’t be acceptable for any o to et sector of society.

I don’t disagree but I’d rather not be treat like a criminal for wanting to watch my team so I’ll give the away fixture a miss.

Let’s be honest here - over the years plenty of fans on both sides have been attacked by the others. It isn’t a Burnley only issue. Looking at some recent press it seems, in the FL, violence is on the rise again as well.

😳😳😳

Of course it can happen anywhere but in my view the 'bubble' has prevented widespread disorder and injury in what is specifically a powder keg situation. Unfortunately factions from both clubs cannot be trusted in this particular game.

I don't understand the criminal element you mention. I have never felt that I was being treated like that - I fully understand the reasoning and agree with it. Of course there is a hassle factor with the arrangements but I consider it a one-off and accept it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I don't think anyone would dispute that mate but what was suggested was that it is a breach of your human rights, which is a different kettle of fish. 

I’m no expert but possibly article 11

14 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Of course it can happen anywhere but in my view the 'bubble' has prevented widespread disorder and injury in what is specifically a powder keg situation. Unfortunately factions from both clubs cannot be trusted in this particular game.

I don't understand the criminal element you mention. I have never felt that I was being treated like that - I fully understand the reasoning and agree with it. Of course there is a hassle factor with the arrangements but I consider it a one-off and accept it.

I find the policing exceptionally heavy handed and I do feel as though I am being treated like a criminal. I understand why it was started but can’t see why it continues when the same rules are not applied to say PNE and Blackpool. In recent years there has been violence between Rovers and PNE fans, PNE and Blackpool etc etc:

Is Burnley/Blackburn really any worse these days?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

I’m no expert but possibly article 11

I'm no expert either but its a bit of a stretch to think that article 11 applies to travelling to and from a football match. And even if it does, public safety and the prevention of crime are both what is called a 'legitimate aim' for public authorities (in this case, the police) and effectively trumps human rights legislation.

But having said all that I hope they have indeed scrapped the bubble policing. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

😳😳😳

Longsiders. Firstly it's great you come on the board and have some great points to make and some great banter. Having that balanced view was how I was able to live in the Burnley-supporting end of Rossendale for so long and have friends who supported Burnley. Lots of teasing both ways but never getting out of hand.

Totally agree it's not one team's followers better / worse than the others. Never been able to get my head round how wanting your team to beat your local rivals moves from bragging rights and mickey-taking onto wanting to physically hurt another human being.

Although clearly I take some enjoyment in Burnley's current plight, I'm of the view (along with some others on this forum) that I'd rather see the Lancashire town teams doing well than being replaced by the likes of Bournemouth and Brentford.

Good luck for the season - as long as you finish below us of course!!

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, oneandycrawford said:

Longsiders. Firstly it's great you come on the board and have some great points to make and some great banter. Having that balanced view was how I was able to live in the Burnley-supporting end of Rossendale for so long and have friends who supported Burnley. Lots of teasing both ways but never getting out of hand.

Totally agree it's not one team's followers better / worse than the others. Never been able to get my head round how wanting your team to beat your local rivals moves from bragging rights and mickey-taking onto wanting to physically hurt another human being.

Although clearly I take some enjoyment in Burnley's current plight, I'm of the view (along with some others on this forum) that I'd rather see the Lancashire town teams doing well than being replaced by the likes of Bournemouth and Brentford.

Good luck for the season - as long as you finish below us of course!!

Couldn’t agree more - other than you finishing below us. I like to come on here because I know you guys will always be our harshest critics - and sometimes a voice of reason as my fellow supporters go through extremes of sweet and sour (copyright James 😬) . Plus I have been coming here for a few years now.

I love the local games, love the banter, though being honest when we first started playing you more regularly after that 17 year hiatus I couldn’t enjoy the games, so desperate was I for a win and so unlikely they were as the teams were mismatched so badly. Now we’ve got that monkey off our backs I can look forward to the games. I’m hoping this seasons might be better fare than recent ones, with new managers and playing philosophies for both of us.

• Like 2

Sweet Jesus, there'll be Rovers/Dingles half-and-half scarves on sale at Ewood/Turf if you lot have your way. Nauseating. 

My grandad had it right. Last thing he ever said to me was 'Gussets, during t'war, if there'd been a Dingle in t'Trenches wi me, I'd 'av shot him and swapped sides'

He was a bitter bastard by the end but he had a point 😉

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, JohnD said:

I was very impressed with your first half against Huddersfield!

Burnley playing football, who'd have thought 🤠

you will play well if the other side abstain from tackling,when huddersfield woke up in the second half burnley did`nt play half as well,tbh they should have been 4 up by time half,thank god they`ve got that oaf barnes up front,he could`nt finish a fish supper

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

you will play well if the other side abstain from tackling,when huddersfield woke up in the second half burnley did`nt play half as well,tbh they should have been 4 up by time half,thank god they`ve got that oaf barnes up front,he could`nt finish a fish supper

Yeah Barnes is finished, even at this level. If they sign a half decent striker I think they’ll finish in the top two. Can’t believe @chaddyrovers said he thought they might get relegated a month or so ago, and yes Chaddy you said MlGHT and not definitely before you pull me up on that 😂 with the signings they are making they will be well up there. 

4 minutes ago, Butty said:

Yeah Barnes is finished, even at this level. If they sign a half decent striker I think they’ll finish in the top two. Can’t believe @chaddyrovers said he thought they might get relegated a month or so ago, and yes Chaddy you said MlGHT and not definitely before you pull me up on that 😂 with the signings they are making they will be well up there. 

not sure myself,they arn`t getting that much time on the ball against the better sides,it will be interesting to see how they get on against luton on saturday,a side that like to mix it

• Like 1

8 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

not sure myself,they arn`t getting that much time on the ball against the better sides,it will be interesting to see how they get on against luton on saturday,a side that like to mix it

Funny I was under the impression Huddersfield were the third best team in the division last season. But you are right, we will face lots of challenges - who knows maybe we can present a challenge ourselves every now and then. So far I’ve got a number of Coventry fans and Rovers fans who expect to blow us away when we play and easily finish above us so it will be interesting to see how the next 6 or 8 games go. It’s hard being little old Burnley going up against this divisions behemoths.

Takkng my tongue out of my cheek for a second - a lot of Burnley fans are getting a little carried away with one match. It’s a long season and we will have highs and lows.

8 hours ago, Upside Down said:

I thought the bubble was to protect Rovers fans as they made the journey back in time 2000 years as they crossed the town boundary. 

I’m fairly sure it is to protect Burnley’s equine population from the invaders from down the ‘65.

5 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Funny I was under the impression Huddersfield were the third best team in the division last season. But you are right, we will face lots of challenges - who knows maybe we can present a challenge ourselves every now and then. So far I’ve got a number of Coventry fans and Rovers fans who expect to blow us away when we play and easily finish above us so it will be interesting to see how the next 6 or 8 games go. It’s hard being little old Burnley going up against this divisions behemoths.

Takkng my tongue out of my cheek for a second - a lot of Burnley fans are getting a little carried away with one match. It’s a long season and we will have highs and lows.

I’m fairly sure it is to protect Burnley’s equine population from the invaders from down the ‘65.

Hudds just lost the best midfielder in the Div plus Toffolo plus their manager. Last season they finished third from the top, this season they could easily finish third from the bottom.  Luton will be interesting, if it was at Luton you’d need to take your boxing gloves down there.