BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cornet gone now

Yep, as expected as soon as someone offered the full price. Can see possibly another one or two going with maybe 3 more inbound.

As for today - big test against a side that did really well last season and have a style you’d imagine we could struggle to handle. Let’s hope we can finish the day still above you in the league 😬

35 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Yep, as expected as soon as someone offered the full price. Can see possibly another one or two going with maybe 3 more inbound.

As for today - big test against a side that did really well last season and have a style you’d imagine we could struggle to handle. Let’s hope we can finish the day still above you in the league 😬

I would have thought they’d be on their best behaviour today, relatively speaking of course.  It’s when you play them at Luton that you’ll need to take your boxing gloves.

We got a 0-0 draw there last season  I think but it was awful to watch. They just wanted to fight us and the ref let them get away with it. It was like the old days in the Rochdale Amateur League Div 2.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I would have thought they’d be on their best behaviour today, relatively speaking of course.  It’s when you play them at Luton that you’ll need to take your boxing gloves.

We got a 0-0 draw there last season  I think but it was awful to watch. They just wanted to fight us and the ref let them get away with it. It was like the old days in the Rochdale Amateur League Div 2.

Perhaps with us being ‘Vincent Kompany’s Burnley’ the ref will be less lenient on them  as he won’t fancy the media scrutiny 😂

4 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Luton will be tough test today. Very well drilled and can play football. But defensively solid. 

where will your new signings be position wise? 

Told my Burnley supporting neighbour as he set off to the Tuhf today ..better hope you dont concede  first because this lot are top of the tree when it comes to time wasting shithousery .. nasty f@cking team ....cue 'Lutonism'..

Welcome back to the Championship 

Edited by HowieFive0
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, HowieFive0 said:

Told my Burnley supporting neighbour as he set off to the Tuhf today ..better hope you dont concede  first because this lot are top of the tree when it comes to time wasting shithousery .. nasty f@cking team ....cue 'Lutonism'..

Yeah you definitely don’t want them to score first. They’ve got the ale house team tactics off to a fine art.

22 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Possibly, especially at Burnley.

19 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Luton will be tough test today. Very well drilled and can play football. But defensively solid. 

where will your new signings be position wise? 

We set up same as Huddersfield - Benson came on second half wide right, da silva later on wide left. Twine wasn’t even in the squad.

13 hours ago, HowieFive0 said:

10 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah you definitely don’t want them to score first. They’ve got the ale house team tactics off to a fine art.

Have to say first half Luton not only scored and created the better chances - our defence was all over the place - but looked in total control. Second half was totally different and we rattled them but they defended well. They used every trick in the book and the ref let them so who can blame them. Loads of possession again but only one shot on target.

Brought some of our fans back down to earth so not a bad thing - I think some expected us to dance to the title.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

We set up same as Huddersfield - Benson came on second half wide right, da silva later on wide left. Twine wasn’t even in the squad.

Have to say first half Luton not only scored and created the better chances - our defence was all over the place - but looked in total control. Second half was totally different and we rattled them but they defended well. They used every trick in the book and the ref let them so who can blame them. Loads of possession again but only one shot on target.

Brought some of our fans back down to earth so not a bad thing - I think some expected us to dance to the title.

Yes, Hudds and Luton are a different proposition entirely. Suspect Hudds may be at the other end of the table this season. 

And you haven't even encountered the runaway leaders yet! 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Yes, Hudds and Luton are a different proposition entirely. Suspect Hudds may be at the other end of the table this season. 

And you haven't even encountered the runaway leaders yet! 

If our defence doesn’t improve, your strikers will get a bag full in November.

22 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

If our defence doesn’t improve, your strikers will get a bag full in November.

Your gaffer was one of the better Centre backs the PL has seen in a long time.

You'd think the defence would be your strong point 🤷‍♂️

Same as our previous manager I suppose.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

very surprised Scott Twine is starting in that team. 

Sorry I wasn't clear, You should you might sign around 3 more players, I was asking what positions those potential new signings could be? 

Look like you are signing Liverpool centre back/right back Sepp Van Der Berg on loan, how many centre backs do you want?

Edited by chaddyrovers

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

very surprised Scott Twine is starting in that team. 

Sorry I wasn't clear, You should you might sign around 3 more players, I was asking what positions those potential new signings could be? 

Look like you are signing Liverpool centre back/right back Sepp Van Der Berg on loan

The three in I would hope are a striker, a central defender and a wide player.

17 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Twine was/is injured I believe. They rated Van Den Bergh at Preston but we made him look very average when we caned them at Deepdale last season. Another very young player. I’m all for youth but you need a few old heads to get out of this division.

Not much been said on his injury, some saying out for 3 or 4 weeks