BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

No fun in winning promotion, battering Preston on their home ground, winning 5 nil at Hillsbrough, winning 6 games on the bounce last winter including a 2 nil win at Bournemouth etc?

They were dead rubber games. A good cup run would have given some excitement 

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Whereas Rovers never enter the second round.

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

Haha, it certainly feels like it.

But believe it or not, we have only been knocked out at the first round stage once (last season) in the past 7 years.

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

Now the FA Cup is a different story, last time we made it past the third round was 2016-17, and the last time we won a game in that competition was December 2017 in the second round against Crewe.

Under Dyche we never seemed to try to win cup games - possible exception being the league cup against you guys in 2017. 

He seemed happy to get out of them quickly. Hoping things might change now:

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Burnley are being linked with @chaddyrovers favourite player and YouTube extraordinaire Rhys Healey. I suspect if they got him, the predicted finish would go from 24th to 23rd.

yet again with the pointless and unnecessary digs for a layer suggestion I did last season Also just for the record roversfan99 I never predicted finish for 24th so you are wrong again!

Bellamy must be suggesting him to Burnley he was coach at coach when he was coming through at Cardiff

18 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

No fun in winning promotion, battering Preston on their home ground, winning 5 nil at Hillsbrough, winning 6 games on the bounce last winter including a 2 nil win at Bournemouth etc?

No Fun booking a night off so i did't have to leave early then left early as we got beat 7-0  at home.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Burnley are being linked with @chaddyrovers favourite player and YouTube extraordinaire Rhys Healey. I suspect if they got him, the predicted finish would go from 24th to 23rd.

I saw this. Didn’t know anything about him so had a quick look. Seems to score in French league 2 but not sure what the quality is there.  Some other names being mentioned from Europe (Magyar Gueye was one) and a centre back from Liverpool on loan. We need a striker for sure. The lad we signed last week Benson looked decent in the second half on Saturday.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, roverandout said:

They were dead rubber games. A good cup run would have given some excitement 

Dead rubber games winning promotion and winning 6 games in December? 

No doubting his cup history here was very poor but just dismissing the "no excitement in 5 years" line which clearly wasnt true.

28 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

No doubting his cup history here was very poor but just dismissing the "no excitement in 5 years" line which clearly wasnt true.

Let’s say “ very little excitement “. I could do with a few of his after match press conferences on tape. I’m finding it hard to sleep at night with the heat out in Spain.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The problem being the 6 wins followed our worst ever home loss. Also you just knew in January we'd collapse again and we did every year under him.

Promotion excitement was tempered by not going for the title and just settling for things. There was just no ambition there and any fans had were just drained by mediocrity.

• Like 6

17 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Yes Tony threw the important games which would have seen us Champions.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Hot on the heels of the pitch shambles at Coventry, I was reading that there's an egg chasing game on at Wigan the night before they entertain Burnley.

Surely the pitch is gonna end up a bit battered?

wigan rl play on it once a fortnight,the ricah arena had multiple games on it over two weeks due to the commonwealth games and it`s proper f*****d,coventry don`t own the stadium so there is nothing they can do about it!!!

23 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Hot on the heels of the pitch shambles at Coventry, I was reading that there's an egg chasing game on at Wigan the night before they entertain Burnley.

Surely the pitch is gonna end up a bit battered?

Will suit Wigan hopefully, Kompany’s tikitaka could fall apart.

That win they huffed and puffed to against Huddersfield doesn’t look too impressive now either…

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Will suit Wigan hopefully, Kompany’s tikitaka could fall apart.

That win they huffed and puffed to against Huddersfield doesn’t look too impressive now either…

When do we play Hudds ? Soon  hopefully. Before they fire the new manager

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

wigan rl play on it once a fortnight,the ricah arena had multiple games on it over two weeks due to the commonwealth games and it`s proper f*****d,coventry don`t own the stadium so there is nothing they can do about it!!!

Yeah I get that, it's just they've only got a matter of hours to get the pitch match ready after its hosted rugby on Friday night, I understand the game was moved for sky so it's not just football they piss about with.

Hats off to Alan Pace, the Dingles have gone from being one of the best run clubs in the Premier league, with nigh on £100 million in the bank, to being 10's of millions in debt, sold all their best players and are below us in the Championship. 

Despite all this, their fans are up and down as if Christmas has come early, and are buying their worst home shirt in history in record numbers. 

He's some salesman is Alan. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, M_B said:

Hats off to Alan Pace, the Dingles have gone from being one of the best run clubs in the Premier league, with nigh on £100 million in the bank, to being 10's of millions in debt, sold all their best players and are below us in the Championship

Despite all this, their fans are up and down as if Christmas has come early, and are buying their worst home shirt in history in record numbers. 

He's some salesman is Alan. 

Maybe not just Burnley fans getting ahead of themselves …

End of September will give a clearer picture on how the rebuild is going for us - and indeed in general how teams are doing.

As for the other stuff, you understand our fans poorly. We can’t impact the rules on ownership anymore than you guys could. I seem to recall many being very happy Venkys and the plans to sign Ronaldinho etc for the first few seasons. I hate the leveraged buyouts and feel they should be banned - in football if not general - but not a lot I could/can do. If we don’t get up in the next 2 seasons I suspect that is when any chickens will come home to roost (pun intended 😬)

• Like 4