BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I remember a reporter asking Bill Shankly why Liverpool hadn’t tried to buy Trevor Francis when he went to Forest. Shankly said, “ His style of play ? he’ll always be on the treatment  table “. He wasn’t far wrong.

The lad Chapman we had recently was truly seriously quick when he came at first. He didn’t know how to temper that raw pace with pace with common sense, had a series of muscle injuries, now he’s at Bradford. I saw him come on as sub, the first time he got the ball he took it to within 15 yards off the fullback, shoved it past him, and tried to out sprint him to the ball. He very nearly did it too. Just an example of not using your common sense. 

that comes down to proper coaching and man management,i think mowbray treated chapman quite badly tbh

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

I just saw Burnley's home shirt for this year and fuck me what an absolute howler that is.

I know they are a bit behind down the road but come on lads, 1996 was 26 years ago.

All b*ly shirts are foul but this is particularly nasty............and they've even managed to have a sponsor almost as cringey as ours.

• Like 3

On 10/08/2022 at 08:04, longsiders1882 said:

Maybe not just Burnley fans getting ahead of themselves …

End of September will give a clearer picture on how the rebuild is going for us - and indeed in general how teams are doing.

As for the other stuff, you understand our fans poorly. We can’t impact the rules on ownership anymore than you guys could. I seem to recall many being very happy Venkys and the plans to sign Ronaldinho etc for the first few seasons. I hate the leveraged buyouts and feel they should be banned - in football if not general - but not a lot I could/can do. If we don’t get up in the next 2 seasons I suspect that is when any chickens will come home to roost (pun intended 😬)

The being below Rovers was tongue in cheek obviously, but it does show how far you've fallen in 2 years,you were light years in front of us. 

I know there's nothing you can do about it, I've many mates say the same, but if I'd told you 2 years ago that this is where you'd be,I don't think you'd be flying the stars and stripes. 

Nobody knows better than us the perils of foreign ownership, but it's the almost false optimism that you've actually moved forward which has me puzzled. 

• Like 2

On 11/08/2022 at 19:28, longsiders1882 said:

Not desperately bothered. It seemed a little odd and listening to Kompany recently it was clear there were concerns bringing him in would block options for others. In the end I think it’s the right decision for both parties. Based on reports as I’ve not seen him play you’ve got a good player there.

Yeah Tella is who we’ve got. Again reading around some mixed reports, rapid and skilful but possibly limited end product. Also some suggestion he’s injury prone. Not sure how I feel about this one.

I don't understand why you sign centre backs this season and then play a left back Taylor there. 

Very tough game tonight

Edited by chaddyrovers

45 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Watford aren’t that good and Dennis is at Forest having a medical. He’s going to be a big loss.

Still a good team at this level and I know Dennis is going Forest but still have 2 quality forwards in Sarr and Pedro. Plus Watford bought a striker Bayo from Belgium for 5 million pounds so they were planning for Dennis to leave surely

Poor game so far. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

13 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

I hope they haven't dropped this keeper by November. The way we're pressing and playing at the minute vs them playing it around at the back. Early days and yes I've had a beer. Wish we we were playing them tonight.

Muric was the keeper he wanted all season so he can't complain about it

Bizarre watching Burnley, I’ll admit I haven’t caught anything live before now.

The press has been poor, especially against ten. They’re unfortunate with one or two chances, but on what I saw, they didn’t deserve anything.

Think Kompany is another one of those managers with ideas above his players’ stations.

Edited by Bethnal
  • Like 1

Watford were abysmal in the last twenty minutes as Burnley created lots of chances. They looked ragged, tired and got away with one tonight. The Burnley total football project is floundering, never mind - it was a good while it lasted (45 minutes at Huddersfield).

• Like 5