BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

10 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Burnley 123% possession and another winless game. 

It’s like that season when Mowbray caught a dose of keepballitis. We were having all the ball and getting beat 1-0 lots of times. Teams in this division will let you have the ball all day long as long as it’s not in the last third of the pitch.

Looks like our dingle friends have come completely full circle.

Under Dyche clinical, efficient, little possession but got the job done. No plaudits for style or passing but results consistent. Now getting the plaudits but not for the reasons that really matter.

• Like 2

Watched Burnley tonight and they are very much a work in progress.

Their midfield 3 of Cullen, Cork and Brownhill is the best in the league and their full backs especially Maatsen are a real threat too. Harwood Bellis seems to have matured and Taylor is experienced with both well protected by the aforementioned midfield but I would be unsure of Taylor there going forward against a more obvious striking threat and the whole line was caught out for the goal and once or twice on other occasions on the counter attack.

Their biggest weaknesses might be their goalkeeper who had little to do tonight but has history of errors and made one or two mistakes v Watford and also the piecing together of their attack. Rodriguez is a lot more effective than Barnes but they still need another striker and I am also unsure on who they are best playing around that and how to go about fitting them in. Twine is the main absence and will give them a real threat but do you sacrifice a midfielder to play Twine behind a striker? And when will he be fit? Bastien looks like hes not best suited to playing so far forward nor does Vitinho who was totally anonymous. Benson was dropped but he was very loose when he came on and didnt impress the other night. Tella is really quick so totally different but hasnt really made a name for himself yet and Churlinov who I have never heard of seemingly is signing but he will he be the only further addition? Costelloe looks a million miles away from the standard too. These players are of course settling but im unsure what the plan is 

What is your take @longsiders1882

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It’s like that season when Mowbray caught a dose of keepballitis. We were having all the ball and getting beat 1-0 lots of times. Teams in this division will let you have the ball all day long as long as it’s not in the last third of the pitch.

Loads of draws too.

10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Quite. The season after Mowbray wised up and we went on that amazing run. Invariably had less than 50% possession, got men behind the ball and relied on BBD to win low-scoring games.  During his Barcelona-phase the year before he used to say you had to have possession to win games. It's what the Barca of Wales (Swansea) do too. It's bollocks. The opposition just defend deep and pick you off, like we did at Swansea. 

All that nowhere passing irritates the hell out of me. It was disastrous when TM thought he could possession his way to promotion. So easy to combat, but those that do get called out for parking the bus or being anti-football. 

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Watched Burnley tonight and they are very much a work in progress.

Their midfield 3 of Cullen, Cork and Brownhill is the best in the league and their full backs especially Maatsen are a real threat too. Harwood Bellis seems to have matured and Taylor is experienced with both well protected by the aforementioned midfield but I would be unsure of Taylor there going forward against a more obvious striking threat and the whole line was caught out for the goal and once or twice on other occasions on the counter attack.

Their biggest weaknesses might be their goalkeeper who had little to do tonight but has history of errors and made one or two mistakes v Watford and also the piecing together of their attack. Rodriguez is a lot more effective than Barnes but they still need another striker and I am also unsure on who they are best playing around that and how to go about fitting them in. Twine is the main absence and will give them a real threat but do you sacrifice a midfielder to play Twine behind a striker? And when will he be fit? Bastien looks like hes not best suited to playing so far forward nor does Vitinho who was totally anonymous. Benson was dropped but he was very loose when he came on and didnt impress the other night. Tella is really quick so totally different but hasnt really made a name for himself yet and Churlinov who I have never heard of seemingly is signing but he will he be the only further addition? Costelloe looks a million miles away from the standard too. These players are of course settling but im unsure what the plan is 

What is your take @longsiders1882

I’m away on holiday at the moment so haven’t caught all the games. Did see last nights in a stream though. I think you sun it up well. Bastien came in with a name as a defensive mid, Vitinho as an attacking full back. Benson got the crap kicked out of him the other day and that seems to have knocked his confidence.

I feel getting twine back will be massive for us but, for me, we still need another striker. I’m not worried - yet, I expected it to take a while but if we want to be successful we will need to find a way to finish more of the chances we create. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

I’m away on holiday at the moment so haven’t caught all the games. Did see last nights in a stream though. I think you sun it up well. Bastien came in with a name as a defensive mid, Vitinho as an attacking full back. Benson got the crap kicked out of him the other day and that seems to have knocked his confidence.

I feel getting twine back will be massive for us but, for me, we still need another striker. I’m not worried - yet, I expected it to take a while but if we want to be successful we will need to find a way to finish more of the chances we create. 

I think some of the signings that you have made in Maatsen, Cullen and to a lesser extent Harwood Bellis seem to have really settled in very quickly, accompanied by some more familiar faces in Cork, Brownhill, Roberts, Taylor and Rodriguez. Very strong in the centre of midfield and at full back in particular.

My main question would be how your attack comes together, lots of unknowns at this stage.

51 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I think some of the signings that you have made in Maatsen, Cullen and to a lesser extent Harwood Bellis seem to have really settled in very quickly, accompanied by some more familiar faces in Cork, Brownhill, Roberts, Taylor and Rodriguez. Very strong in the centre of midfield and at full back in particular.

My main question would be how your attack comes together, lots of unknowns at this stage.

My guess is a lot was around Twine in that sort of number 10 role. With due respect I looked at some other your stats recently and Dyche would be proud of them. Minimal possession but absolutely deadly with the chances you create. Any chance Brereton will be sold this window?

I guess if it wasn’t Burnley I’d be intrigued to watch things unfold. A team trying to play ‘the pep way’ in the championship against other styles. Without better protection from the referees as you see in the PL and Europe. Could be quite a season for us. Not sure I subscribe to those on here saying we are now ‘shit’ however, just lacking goals to make us contenders at this point.

51 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

My guess is a lot was around Twine in that sort of number 10 role. With due respect I looked at some other your stats recently and Dyche would be proud of them. Minimal possession but absolutely deadly with the chances you create. Any chance Brereton will be sold this window?

I guess if it wasn’t Burnley I’d be intrigued to watch things unfold. A team trying to play ‘the pep way’ in the championship against other styles. Without better protection from the referees as you see in the PL and Europe. Could be quite a season for us. Not sure I subscribe to those on here saying we are now ‘shit’ however, just lacking goals to make us contenders at this point.

How do you think your midfield would change if you was to play Twine as a 10, would Brownhill perhaps play wide or play alongside Cullen deeper, which would move out Cork? I imagine Bastien will play in the midfield too when some attackers come in/are ready.

I saw on twitter that apparently you are done for strikers which I think leaves you short, Barnes is finished and Rodriguez is old.

Brereton will likely go yeah, the narrative is that only with a replacement although we have heard that before.

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

How did you compare our sophisticated, homme-du-monde of a head coach with that gruff-voiced heathen!

I think they did a piece on PL coaches watches - Dyche had the most expensive. Being gravel voiced and ‘unfashionable’ does not make you a crap manager.Your coach has made an excellent start but he’s miles behind Dyche’s achievements at this level and the one above. Mind if he’s only 60% as effective as Dyche you’ll go up.

56 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

How do you think your midfield would change if you was to play Twine as a 10, would Brownhill perhaps play wide or play alongside Cullen deeper, which would move out Cork? I imagine Bastien will play in the midfield too when some attackers come in/are ready.

I saw on twitter that apparently you are done for strikers which I think leaves you short, Barnes is finished and Rodriguez is old.

Brereton will likely go yeah, the narrative is that only with a replacement although we have heard that before.

I’m not sure but I think Brownhill and Cullen start if fit, regardless of who else plays. On strikers, we seem to want a plethora of wingers so who knows. If we don’t sign someone then I fear that more than anything will stymy our success. That said as the team finds its feet maybe the goals can come from across the team.

Sort of surprised Brereton hasn’t been snapped up already. If you keep him that will be a massive boon for your chances of promotion.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

I think they did a piece on PL coaches watches - Dyche had the most expensive. Being gravel voiced and ‘unfashionable’ does not make you a crap manager.Your coach has made an excellent start but he’s miles behind Dyche’s achievements at this level and the one above. Mind if he’s only 60% as effective as Dyche you’ll go up.

I was joking. The gravel-voiced heather did very well for you.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

If Benson can't take some physical treatment/contact then maybe he is the wrong league. 

I think you deffo need another striker but Kompany seems to think not which I think is a massive mistake and If he thinks you have enough with those 2 strikers he is wrong. 

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I agree with your last point.