BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

3 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Our new signing looks a right player - 50 goals in 3 appearances …

4AE14008-E8CE-4768-9F6E-0147E8A576ED.jpeg

I know nothing about work permit requirements apart from being more difficult post Brexit.

How does this guy qualify?

Edit: Just saw his stats changed on wiki and that he has some youth international appearances.

Screenshot_20220827-042653.png

Edited by AllRoverAsia

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

@longsiders1882 how many players have you signed now and still no new striker? 

what do you think of your new keeper signing and does this mean the end of Peacock-Farrell there now?

I think this one will be 14 - but we lost 13.

On the striker, basically Kompany has said we can’t afford the prices. Still hoping we might get a loan at least. Barnes can do a limited Job and Rodriguez is 33 and will need support.

On BLF I just don’t know. We signed him then Dyche didn’t play him, loaned him out and signed a number 2. Whether Kompany doesn’t rate him - or if he himself wants to leave to be number 1 somewhere (which I would in his position) I don’t know but you’d imagine he’s on his way.

10 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I know nothing about work permit requirements apart from being more difficult post Brexit.

How does this guy qualify?

Edit: Just saw his stats changed on wiki and that he has some youth international appearances.

Screenshot_20220827-042653.png

Yeah sorry the stats were all over, hence my joke. He has scored 2 in 5 this season though. I’m not sure what the Visa regs are - we’ve been doing some medicals in France apparently whilst visa’s were being worked on. We will be paying more on immigration lawyers than agents at this rate.

On 02/07/2022 at 12:47, chaddyrovers said:

your opinion is similar to a couple of dingles fans I spoken on last Christmas Eve. complains over Dyche style of play, no Plan B and not evolving the team into playing better football. 

What your view on Kompany's appointments and the signings you make so far? 

We’re going to have to take the rough with the smooth and be patient 

On 25/08/2022 at 14:03, longsiders1882 said:

Will be interesting if it happens. He came to us and turned the 2nd worst defence in the league into the second best within a month - and without signing a player. The following season he got us promoted in second. As I recall the main signing were Heaton for free, Vokes and Shackel - and Mee I think. Not sure what state Stokes squad is in but Dyche has it in his locker to make a quick impact. Agree though probably next season maybe more so than this one.

Dyche didn’t sign Vokes or Shackell .. and we don’t do medicals abroad either by the way referring to one of your other posts … Heaton  Arfield and Jones were the frees in the summer of 2013 

10 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Oh we’ve had a win and the teacher is back 😂

Merely signed in to point out that , not for the first time , at least two of your posts were factually incorrect 😉 

Opinions are what this game is all about - but facts are a different matter altogether old chap 🤷‍♂️

I don’t post very often for the simple reason that we are only six games in and I’ve no idea how the season will pan out  - if it’s okay with you I’ll probably be back in a month or two  😂

I’ve seen both away wins this week .. it’s been a good week but here we are with x number of new players to bed in - again time will tell 

Edited by TheHistoryTeacher

Long time viewer but don’t really post very much. However thought I’d share my experience today. Me and my 6 year are season ticket holders and often travel to the games by train (from Oxenholme). To be honest I hadn’t clocked until yesterday that Burnley were at Wigan. So we get to Preston and hoards of Burnley fans are waiting to get on. We’ve both got our Rovers shirts on so expecting some ‘banter’. Probably a good hundred fans chanting the w word at me. Oh and songs about Jack Walker. Anyway my lad didn’t really clock and assumed it was just rowdy football fans.

However the train back was a different story. Waiting at platform 3 at Preston and the Burnley fans are across on platform 2. Some more chanting, and then their train is moved onto our platform. So me and my lad end up with dozens of Burnley fans screaming in our faces about all sorts. Luckily some staff saw what was happening and took us to one side away from it all. Oh and some

more songs about Jack Walker. To be fair a couple of their fans came over and apologised for what was happening.

I’m not from Blackburn so maybe I don’t quite understand the rivalry as a lot of you do. But surely if you see a Burnley fan with his 6 year old son you wouldn’t think screaming in their faces was acceptable? Some of these were fully grown men as well who probably have kids of their own. I know every fanbase have their idiots but surely they must have more than most? It definitely wasn’t a minority. 

Maybe I’m just being a bit of a snowflake. If it was me on my own I wouldn’t have thought too much about it. Luckily my boy didn’t seem too phased by it. Either that or he’s stronger mentally than I realise!

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, robbo_rovers said:

Long time viewer but don’t really post very much. However thought I’d share my experience today. Me and my 6 year are season ticket holders and often travel to the games by train (from Oxenholme). To be honest I hadn’t clocked until yesterday that Burnley were at Wigan. So we get to Preston and hoards of Burnley fans are waiting to get on. We’ve both got our Rovers shirts on so expecting some ‘banter’. Probably a good hundred fans chanting the w word at me. Oh and songs about Jack Walker. Anyway my lad didn’t really clock and assumed it was just rowdy football fans.

However the train back was a different story. Waiting at platform 3 at Preston and the Burnley fans are across on platform 2. Some more chanting, and then their train is moved onto our platform. So me and my lad end up with dozens of Burnley fans screaming in our faces about all sorts. Luckily some staff saw what was happening and took us to one side away from it all. Oh and some

more songs about Jack Walker. To be fair a couple of their fans came over and apologised for what was happening.

I’m not from Blackburn so maybe I don’t quite understand the rivalry as a lot of you do. But surely if you see a Burnley fan with his 6 year old son you wouldn’t think screaming in their faces was acceptable? Some of these were fully grown men as well who probably have kids of their own. I know every fanbase have their idiots but surely they must have more than most? It definitely wasn’t a minority. 

Maybe I’m just being a bit of a snowflake. If it was me on my own I wouldn’t have thought too much about it. Luckily my boy didn’t seem too phased by it. Either that or he’s stronger mentally than I realise!

Awful that something like that should happen to you and your son who is only six. Unfortunately neanderthals are still roaming free and some see offensive abuse as 'banter'. In their gang they are pseudo tough guys but on their own they are as meek as lambs. Next time you are coming if the imbeciles are likely to be around drive down.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, robbo_rovers said:

I’m really sorry this happened to you. It’s needless at any time and even more so when it’s just a dad and his lad on their way home. We sadly clearly have a selection of brain dead, coked up fans who are a disgrace. I can’t comment on other teams but I do sadly fear it’s more common in the game today then it was for a while - and growing again. 

• Like 7

54 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

I’m really sorry this happened to you. It’s needless at any time and even more so when it’s just a dad and his lad on their way home. We sadly clearly have a selection of brain dead, coked up fans who are a disgrace. I can’t comment on other teams but I do sadly fear it’s more common in the game today then it was for a while - and growing again. 

Go on any other teams fans forum and you will find lots of complaints from decent fans regarding the brain dead coked up elements that are behaving like cretins. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Go on any other teams fans forum and you will find lots of complaints from decent fans regarding the brain dead coked up elements that are behaving like cretins. 

Some very odd Stoke fans yesterday as well. 20-25 of them walking down Bolton Road pre-game singing the incredibly inventive song: “go on Stoke, go on Stoke”, the slightly odd “you can stick your fucking horses up your arse” to the police and the confused “where’s the Blackburn suicide?” to families walking down to the game, trying to provoke a punch up. They also jumped the barriers and tried to get into the Jack Walker lower when they scored. Very very odd.