BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

Only way their tickets will get restricted at all is if plod get a say.

Policing our lot in lower numbers on a day there's no trains will be a hell of a lot easier than bigger numbers of them left to their own devices.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Only way their tickets will get restricted at all is if plod get a say.

Policing our lot in lower numbers on a day there's no trains will be a hell of a lot easier than bigger numbers of them left to their own devices.

Yep 7k of them coming would mean they are swarming all over Accy, Rishton, Ossy, Darwen etc so the boys and girls in blue will be stretched to the limit.

50 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Return of the A+ i reckon, he's already u turned once for the televised Sunderland fixture once he got wind more than 2k was likely to come.

47 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

That would be an even bigger brass neck job than the Sunderland volte face, as they made that big deal of it being £30 in the summer… so every chance then!

Yeah Swag should do some sort of 2 for £20 for Reading and Burnley. Wednesday and Saturday fixtures. Gets you a bigger midweek crowd and can make Burnley A+ if he wants to fleece the away fans. 

I don’t really think ticket packages work for us, but it’s a way for him to fleece 7k away fans if he wants (he’d probably prefer the £30 and take it from home and away fans)

• Like 2

Jesus how bad were Norwich? Burnley play some good stuff but rarely threatened tonight, they do have by far and away the best squad in this division, if I was a Burnley fan I’d be disappointed with anything other than a top two finish. As long as we’re unbeaten against them I don’t give a shit 🤣

Edited by Butty
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Butty said:

Jesus how bad were Norwich? Burnley play some good stuff but rarely threatened tonight, they do have by far and away the best squad in this division, if I was a Burnley fan I’d be disappointed with anything other than a top two finish. As long as we’re unbeaten against them I don’t give a shit 🤣

12 minutes ago, JohnD said:

17 shots, 2 on target 😱

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I take it one of them was the pen. So 1 out of 16.

Kind of ignoring that 7 of those 16 were blocked rather than off target.

So we battered them 0-0 for the first half, felt like it was just defence against attack but didn’t create nearly enough clear chances. They didn’t have a shot, a corner or anything you’d call an attack. Second half they pressed us high for maybe 10 minutes and caused us a few problems but after that it was all us but, again, not enough clear chances. After the Penalty (thanks Grant Hanley) Kompany decided to go with 5 at the back and defend and in trying to protect the score line he invited them to attack and they nearly got the equaliser. That said we thoroughly deserved to win but we really need to create and score more.

40 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Hanley gifted them the win.

Another time I've watched them and been far from impressed.

Nothing to fear, bring them on.

I do hear that you guys don’t rate us and expect a comfortable victory. Fair enough. For me I honestly think any result is possible, from either side getting a thumping, to a dire nil nil or high scoring draw. We will see in a few weeks. For the next few days I’ll enjoy being actually top of the League rather than pretending we are ‘joint top’ when we are actually second 😉

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Butty said:

That's what happens when you spend an absolute fortune. 16 players brought in, most for good money - it's the same old PL formula.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

So we battered them 0-0 for the first half, felt like it was just defence against attack but didn’t create nearly enough clear chances. They didn’t have a shot, a corner or anything you’d call an attack. Second half they pressed us high for maybe 10 minutes and caused us a few problems but after that it was all us but, again, not enough clear chances. After the Penalty (thanks Grant Hanley) Kompany decided to go with 5 at the back and defend and in trying to protect the score line he invited them to attack and they nearly got the equaliser. That said we thoroughly deserved to win but we really need to create and score more.

I do hear that you guys don’t rate us and expect a comfortable victory. Fair enough. For me I honestly think any result is possible, from either side getting a thumping, to a dire nil nil or high scoring draw. We will see in a few weeks. For the next few days I’ll enjoy being actually top of the League rather than pretending we are ‘joint top’ when we are actually second 😉

Not one rational thinking Rovers fan will be expecting a comfortable victory against your lot, you’re the best side in the league but we will be bang up for it. I’d take a hard fought point if I was offered it now. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

That's what happens when you spend an absolute fortune. 16 players brought in, most for good money - it's the same old PL formula.

Lol, we raised 70 million in sales and lost top players on frees (as well as some dross). We spent 23 million on  players - hell we spent more paying back the loans. Many on here - and beyond - were joyfully predicting financial ruin and back to back relegations. It hasn’t happened because whatever else they got wrong they appointed the right manager who could identify and attract the right talent. 

17 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

I expect a pasting so any result is a bonus.

I just have a feeling the youth of our team and the naivety shown by some of them and the new coaching staff will come home to roost in this one.

However there is a possibility it could work the other way and it all comes together in a 'something to prove' type performance. If we did win i'd say it would rank as our biggest victory there in a long long time.

5 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Lol, we raised 70 million in sales and lost top players on frees (as well as some dross). We spent 23 million on  players - hell we spent more paying back the loans. Many on here - and beyond - were joyfully predicting financial ruin and back to back relegations. It hasn’t happened because whatever else they got wrong they appointed the right manager who could identify and attract the right talent. 

No one is disputing the fact you raised a lot of funds but you still spent a fair amount, yes it looks like it’s been spent well but it’s still been spent! And I didn’t see many saying back to back relegations except Chaddy 😂

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

If you go off Transfermarkt you've spent £21.67m + 5 undisclosed loan fees. Obviously along with subsequent wages.

That's massive money in this division any way you slice it.

Also you're on a Blackburn Rovers message board, of course we're going to hate you. 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

We can still predict financial ruin can't we? Or is all well with Pace and co now you've had a decent start to the season?

• Like 1