BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

So? Cardiff could still have given them 3k. Indeed they asked for them and were turned down.

I think it might become the norm for high risk fixtures. The remaining Old Firm games won't have and away supporters this season after a steady reduction in allocation. 

With the high cost of security for such games I think clubs will be happy to reduce away numbers. 

44 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

So? Cardiff could still have given them 3k. Indeed they asked for them and were turned down.

No connection to your point. I just looked it up from yesterday and was suprised to see it was still a bubble as it had previously been relaxed.

Oh sorry.

They may as well make this a bubble again if it’s still going to be a palava all round.

Talking of ‘high risk’ games, will we get 5k+ for PNE for a half 5 KO in the run-in, with both teams looking for the play offs?

Edited by Mattyblue

1 minute ago, Ben-2000 said:

Preston cut Blackpool's allocation to 2k for the last 2 seasons also (and it wasn't a sell out in home areas).

They've cut ours too from the usual 5,500, but only down to 4,500.

Again, it’s tit for tat as Blackpool reduced Preston’s allocation at Bloomfield for 2 years. I think Blackpool started this one.

On 02/04/2023 at 09:17, Mattyblue said:

Oh sorry.

They may as well make this a bubble again if it’s still going to be a palava all round.

Talking of ‘high risk’ games, will we get 5k+ for PNE for a half 5 KO in the run-in, with both teams looking for the play offs?

Both teams, @Mattyblue?                

Knob End may only be 4 places behind us; but can they seriously harbour hopes of the Play-offs with a minus 7 Goal Difference and only 7 games to go??🤔

13 hours ago, R0verb0y said:

Both teams, @Mattyblue?                

Knob End may only be 4 places behind us; but can they seriously harbour hopes of the Play-offs with a minus 7 Goal Difference and only 7 games to go??🤔

They're 5 points behind us. Lose at Deepdale and that is in effect 2 points (if everything else remains the same). Our run-in is also a nightmare on paper. 

Edited by Sweaty Gussets

Possibly still working out some sort of ticket offer? As surely they’ve realised with only 2k away fans a midweek Sky game at £30-£35 is not exactly going to create much of a derby occasion for the nation to see…

(I’m probably being a tad too optimistic here, but they do seem to have come to their senses with ticketing these past couple of months, so you never know).

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

We need to be still fighting by the time the game comes round or it could be a bit of an embarrassment......

I mean even if we are it won't be anything like the 28k or so we had for the midweek fa cup replayback in 2005 but still....

It's as expected and not unreasonable for a big game in my view, but I know many will disagree.... 

7,000 Dingles to fill an end/fleece and a weekend KO, of course £30-£35 is to be expected/reasonable , but if the circumstances change then you need to adapt.

It’s now a midweek Sky game with only 2,000 Dingles, so £30-£35 now not so reasonable if you want a big gate.

Edited by Mattyblue

7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

7,000 Dingles to fill an end/fleece and a weekend KO, of course £30-£35 is to be expected/reasonable , but if the circumstances change then you need to adapt.

It’s now a midweek Sky game with only 2,000 Dingles, so £30-£35 now not so reasonable if you want a big gate.

I think the biggest factor will be how much we have to play for by the time the game comes round. If we’ve nothing to play for we won’t sell many, if we need the points for a play off spot we should sell loads.

Just now, Miller11 said:

I think the biggest factor will be how much we have to play for by the time the game comes round. If we’ve nothing to play for we won’t sell many, if we need the points for a play off spot we should sell loads.

Exactly this.

I'm sorry but if it's a huge game and people won't pay 30 quid then it's a poor do.

3 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Exactly this.

I'm sorry but if it's a huge game and people won't pay 30 quid then it's a poor do.

Agree. Of course there will be people who can’t pay £30 who would probably love to be able to. Hopefully people who don’t normally bother with evening games can break their usual routine as a one off too.

2 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Agree. Of course there will be people who can’t pay £30 who would probably love to be able to. Hopefully people who don’t normally bother with evening games can break their usual routine as a one off too.

Absolutely. 

After this game there'll be what, 2 games left.

It's POTENTIALLY bigger than the cup quarter final if you ask me and demand was huge for that. It'll also be cheaper all factors considered....

• Like 1