BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

On 01/10/2023 at 11:04, 47er said:

i'm not sre Burnley care too much. They got decent money for a few of their better players, invested well in young players and are probably confident that they can come straight back up again with more parachute money once again.

Quite jealous of them really!

They didn't receive a parachute payment as they  were promoted. Only teams who fail to get promoted are eligible for the parachute payment

52 minutes ago, 1874 said:

They didn't receive a parachute payment as they  were promoted. Only teams who fail to get promoted are eligible for the parachute payment

I thought clubs got the payments for up to three seasons following relegation.

Doesn’t this mean they’d have got the payment for the 22/23 season?

23 hours ago, cesus said:

Burnley will be fine ... just need to get the drummer sorted 🥁🥁🥁

They were that good going forwards last season they didn't really need to defend. When they did need to defend they looked pretty ropey ... they look worse this season.

Teams were happy to sit back and hopefully sneak a draw against them last season. This season, teams with far superior players are licking their lips and thinking, we're having this. 

As Danny Kelly  said on Talksport today, they're trying to play a style of football that all the other teams play much better. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, M_B said:

Teams were happy to sit back and hopefully sneak a draw against them last season. This season, teams with far superior players are licking their lips and thinking, we're having this. 

As Danny Kelly  said on Talksport today, they're trying to play a style of football that all the other teams play much better. 

i don`t think kompany is able or willing to change it either,not with the personel he`s bought

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i don`t think kompany is able or willing to change it either,not with the personel he`s bought

No,you're right, too many small wingers/midfielders is a common complaint,along with him not having a plan B. 

Said to a Dingle mate(great lad, proper fan) before a ball was kicked, Burnley's problem this season is that teams will attack you with players who can score goals.

Seems obvious, but I just didn't see them having the quality to stop it. 

Edited by M_B

3 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

I thought clubs got the payments for up to three seasons following relegation.

Doesn’t this mean they’d have got the payment for the 22/23 season?

No it all starts over again. This is a con by the Premier League. If all three relegated teams get promoted this season. Then they have to pay out zero parachute payments to those three. The money doesn't disappear though. Its shared out between the already cash laden teams of the premier league.

The three season is only if you stay down and drops to two seasons if you are relegated straight back down.

Edited by 1874
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, 1874 said:

No it all starts over again. This is a con by the Premier League. If all three relegated teams get promoted this season. Then they have to pay out zero parachute payments to those three. The money doesn't disappear though. Its shared out between the already cash laden teams of the premier league.

The three season is only if you stay down and drops to two seasons if you are relegated straight back down.

Every days a school day - thank you.

4 hours ago, 1874 said:

No that's not what I meant, they will receive them when they  go down again, assisting them to come back up again. Yes?

• Like 1

Football is, as they say, a funny old game.

Imagine hiring the Messiah as manager when you've just finished 18th in the league.

He spends £132m and produces football that, at best, wins one game in ten and drives their "fans" out of the gates at half time.

To top it off they are now 19th in the league, you couldn't make it up 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnD said:

Football is, as they say, a funny old game.

Imagine hiring the Messiah as manager when you've just finished 18th in the league.

He spends £132m and produces football that, at best, wins one game in ten and drives their "fans" out of the gates at half time.

To top it off they are now 19th in the league, you couldn't make it up 😂

When they criticise Rovers for “ buying the Prem “ at least we didn’t waste the money. 

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

What’s happened to Longsider? 

He hasn't been in this season has he?

I used to enjoy his comments but I think a few of our Muppets pissed him off.

He's been gone for too long for me and can feck off.

Perhaps they'll be back if they get away from the bottom 😯

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

His team are losing. He'll be back if they start winning. 

I hope this puts to bed the notion that they’re just a bunch of good lads coming on here for footy chat and bants.

They come on here to wind people up and gloat. They’ll be back when they are buying the league next season. Maybe sooner if they can string a couple of wins together.

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, booth said:

I hope this puts to bed the notion that they’re just a bunch of good lads coming on here for footy chat and bants.

They come on here to wind people up and gloat. They’ll be back when they are buying the league next season. Maybe sooner if they can string a couple of wins together.

The saying where were you when you were shit should be thrown at them if they only come on when they win games,its easy to come onto a rivals board when you have the upper hand and are winning every week,get a backbone and take the stick Dingles when you are shite.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

The saying where were you when you were shit should be thrown at them if they only come on when they win games,its easy to come onto a rivals board when you have the upper hand and are winning every week,get a backbone and take the stick Dingles when you are shite.

I wonder what the total posts by dingles last season vs this season (to date) looks like 🧐

• Like 1

4 hours ago, booth said:

They were always condescending crunts

• Like 4

8 hours ago, booth said:

They may not to quite as good next year, if they do come down. I have a feeling the yanks were somehow persuaded to spend big and back Kompany to excel in the prem. If it does backfire and they come back down, they could well tighten the purse strings and put an end to their yo yo years, at least between the prem and championship anyway. 

Edited by lraC
Typo
  • Like 1