BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

7 hours ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Not sure, I've volunteered to drive ... I know we're in the Jack Walker upper, and I'm hoping to visit the BBE fan-zone. Do you think I should wear something to identify myself so my " friends " on here can stop by and chat ? I'm thinking a Claret and Blue scarf and my Burnley top-hat .. oh, hang on a minute .. 😁

I think we'd rather identify you in the bar rather than in the morgue.

I suggest you carry a huge banner depicting the famous photo of Shearer and Jack Walker holding the premier league trophy.

Don't forget to wear blue and white.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

Just noticed Burnleys only wins this season are against Luton and Sheffield United. Really says everything about how badly Kompany is doing there that they're yet to win against any established Premier League side.

I’m wondering how long Kompany has got before they blow him out. All managers live or die by their signings and it looks like most of his have been really un-impressive.

I think I'm repeating myself but -

VK inherited a PL team that finished 18th in the league.

He spent £134m and they're 19th on a good day.

If they persevere through 2 or 3 more windows, can they afford it, I think he'll have team that will stay.up.

• Backroom

An annoyingly good win for them today however at least Luton won, Forest will consider themselves unlucky to lose 3-2 in injury time after a ridiculous red card twenty minutes in 

It truly looks like 3 from 4 with a mini league of Sheff United, Burnley, Luton and Forest 

On 01/11/2023 at 16:05, Silas said:

Any updates gents? 

Can't speak for everyone, but I suspect your presence might be more warmly received this season than it was last. 😜

No update sorry - & I stayed away as requested by quite a few.

One swallow does not make a summer and unfortunately we generally cannot win games where we are the better team and when we come up against good sides and well drilled ones we are to easy to score against. So todays win doesn’t represent a huge turnaround but at least we won’t set a new record low points total - though we could still equal it.

Merry Christmas to you all.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

One swallow does not make a summer and unfortunately we generally cannot win games where we are the better team and when we come up against good sides and well drilled ones we are to easy to score against. So todays win doesn’t represent a huge turnaround but at least we won’t set a new record low points total - though we could still equal it.

It’s lovely when you pop in as it gives us another chance to tell you to fuck off.

’tis all said in jest, Merry Xmas to you and yours too 😀

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Nice of you to pop in after a win. See you again in March. 

Merry Christmas

Fuck off Burnley

• Like 3

• Backroom
46 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Ah, you're smarting from some barbs on here as well as the season results. Makes sense.

You have faith in VK's style and plan?

Merry Christmas too. 

10 minutes ago, Silas said:

Ah, you're smarting from some barbs on here as well as the season results. Makes sense.

You have faith in VK's style and plan?

Merry Christmas too. 

Not smarting from barbs on here so much - & more worried about the stupid flag sh*t the club put out than the results 😳 . In addition we find out the club are selling hospitality packages to away fans and then seating them in the home stands - kicked off in a big way on the Everton game. After being nearly faultless last season they are making big mistakes with the fans this one - well IMO at least:

I do have faith in VK’s style but the plan only works if you recruit well. Not signing Harwood Belis and Tella seems short sighted for example. Always felt relegation was the most likely outcome but second half of the season we need to play consistently well if we hope to come straight back up. I might be an outlier but I see improvement week on week, it’s just you can’t have a whole team ‘learning on the job’ against experienced top level players if you want to stay up.

• Like 1

• Backroom
48 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Always felt relegation was the most likely outcome but second half of the season we need to play consistently well if we hope to come straight back up. I might be an outlier but I see improvement week on week, it’s just you can’t have a whole team ‘learning on the job’ against experienced top level players if you want to stay up

Can't argue with any of that. Seems a very fair assessment. 

I like VK a lot as a person. 

I'm not convinced as a manager yet. 

Maybe lucky for you my judgements are often wrong. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tom said:

An annoyingly good win for them today however at least Luton won, Forest will consider themselves unlucky to lose 3-2 in injury time after a ridiculous red card twenty minutes in 

It truly looks like 3 from 4 with a mini league of Sheff United, Burnley, Luton and Forest 

Forest committed the cardinal sin of selling their best player and signing rubbish....

Now , they have a new manager , will he sink or swim ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

So todays win doesn’t represent a huge turnaround but at least we won’t set a new record low points total - though we could still equal it.

You think there's a chance you'll get zero points in the next 20 games? Come on Longers....

• Backroom
1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

Well that too 😬 -  but as I say, more embarrassed about the flag nonsense than the football.

Can you elaborate? 

I saw the club banned flags when Everton came. Due to their PL protest?

I'm a bit lost with your rage over it. Am I missing something? 

4 hours ago, Silas said:

Can you elaborate? 

I saw the club banned flags when Everton came. Due to their PL protest?

I'm a bit lost with your rage over it. Am I missing something? 

Oh god did you not see the stuff about a drum and getting us waving flags (but only ones approved and bought from the club) to improve the atmosphere? I’ll let you google it and enjoy. If it was your club you’d be dying too.

3 hours ago, booth said:

3 wins, three BRFCS appearances.

Is that accurate? I thought I’d only been here once previously this season, after the City game in August? I don’t recall posting at any other time 🤷‍♂️.

Anyway, good tidings to you all, might see you in a month or so after our next win 😉

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Oh god did you not see the stuff about a drum and getting us waving flags (but only ones approved and bought from the club) to improve the atmosphere? I’ll let you google it and enjoy. If it was your club you’d be dying too.

Is that accurate? I thought I’d only been here once previously this season, after the City game in August? I don’t recall posting at any other time 🤷‍♂️.

Anyway, good tidings to you all, might see you in a month or so after our next win 😉

Thanks for the nod