BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

Wonder what Burnley will do with Trafford. They would either need to cut their (big) losses with him or re-instate him as number one next season. Can't really let him rot on the bench at his age and the fee they paid. 

Once a flapper, always a flapper hopefully.

1 minute ago, Hasta said:

Wonder what Burnley will do with Trafford. They would either need to cut their (big) losses with him or re-instate him as number one next season. Can't really let him rot on the bench at his age and the fee they paid. 

That was a very strange signing, especially for that sort of money.

8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He'd come off a good England u21 tourney and a good england prospect so not that strange, they just thew him in the deep end when they had an able keeper in Muric to use instead

27 minutes ago, Hasta said:

or put your faith in him. Depends who they appoint there. 

bet he wouldn't be flapper if he stayed at City

25 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He had a good 1 and half season at Bolton and half a season at Stanley plus good England tournament 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

or put your faith in him. Depends who they appoint there. 

bet he wouldn't be flapper if he stayed at City

He had a good 1 and half season at Bolton and half a season at Stanley plus good England tournament 

Maybe, but would you have paid that much for him ?

35 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Newcastle and Liverpool sniffing around Trafford, we could make a profit due to the young, and English tax.

38 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Maybe, but would you have paid that much for him ?

deffo not. Vastly overpriced there. Might have been better getting him on loan to buy agreement. 

That's not Trafford fault about the fee but I don't think Kompany did enough defensively there to protect him

Alright all - I guess what this teaches people like me who berate clubs for pulling the trigger on a coach who’s done well but having a bad season is that loyalty in football management is all but non existent.

Not sure how I feel about this - I’d bought the whole ‘5 year project’ spiel hook line and sinker so half of me is disappointed but last season, and especially the whole Trafford/Muric thing, not pulling out all the stops for Tella and not having a plan for left back, just maybe Kompany wasn’t the right man for us - as others have said, perhaps he’s a good manager when he’s amongst the best resourced in a league but not so much when he isn’t.

I kind of hope we try to get Cooper as his replacement.

16 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Alright all - I guess what this teaches people like me who berate clubs for pulling the trigger on a coach who’s done well but having a bad season is that loyalty in football management is all but non existent.

Not sure how I feel about this - I’d bought the whole ‘5 year project’ spiel hook line and sinker so half of me is disappointed but last season, and especially the whole Trafford/Muric thing, not pulling out all the stops for Tella and not having a plan for left back, just maybe Kompany wasn’t the right man for us - as others have said, perhaps he’s a good manager when he’s amongst the best resourced in a league but not so much when he isn’t.

I kind of hope we try to get Cooper as his replacement.

Steve Cooper? any other names you would be interest like Evatt or Robins? 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Steve Cooper? any other names you would be interest like Evatt or Robins? 

I honestly don’t know enough about most of them. Rohl seems interesting if we want a younger manager 🤷‍♂️. It always comes back to who’d come, who can work within our structures etc, can buy young, develop and sell for a profit. 

It seems Bayern don’t fancy paying for Kompany though and we aren’t minded to let him go on the cheap so this might rumble on a bit longer.

15 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

I honestly don’t know enough about most of them. Rohl seems interesting if we want a younger manager 🤷‍♂️. It always comes back to who’d come, who can work within our structures etc, can buy young, develop and sell for a profit. 

It seems Bayern don’t fancy paying for Kompany though and we aren’t minded to let him go on the cheap so this might rumble on a bit longer.

Roll just signed a new contract at Sheff Wednesday today

• Like 1

• Backroom
11 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Probably rules him out then - though as we are seeing, contracts don’t mean much.

You sound a little sad about it all. 

Must be something putting up with that kamikaze playing style, getting mullered every week in the Prem.....but thinking "It's ok, we're laying the groundwork, and this will pay dividends in the Champ next season."

Only for that rug to be whipped firmly out from under your feet, and sending you somersaulting into uncertainty. 

Does it hurt a little? Might it ruin your Bank Holiday weekend. 😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silas said:

You sound a little sad about it all. 

Must be something putting up with that kamikaze playing style, getting mullered every week in the Prem.....but thinking "It's ok, we're laying the groundwork, and this will pay dividends in the Champ next season."

Only for that rug to be whipped firmly out from under your feet, and sending you somersaulting into uncertainty. 

Does it hurt a little? Might it ruin your Bank Holiday weekend. 😀

lol - no my weekend will be fine but I won’t pretend it isn’t a little disappointing.

Let’s see who we appoint as his replacement and what they can do.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Not sure Robins would leave a club that loves him, and has had such a long history of working for, for a team that might be in a state of flux (depending on finances and squad retention). Whilst Burnley could go straight back up, I can imagine a new manager being expected to dominate the division. It would depend on whether Mark Robins is happy with a play off push and being in a stable job, or really wants to be a Premier League manager for 1 season and then being binned if Burnley are relegated again.

Edited by Norbert Rassragr

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Evatt? I think Bolton fans want him out after failing to get promoted twice with big resources available to him.

go on then who would you go for? 

You are very quickly to criticise people choice so go on then! 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I’m obviously one of the few at Ewood who’s relatively happy with the manager we’ve got at the moment. However if we’d have got Evatt in instead I’d be equally happy. He’s done a good job at Bolton, they just don’t turn up on the day when it really mattered.

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’m obviously one of the few at Ewood who’s relatively happy with the manager we’ve got at the moment. However if we’d have got Evatt in instead I’d be equally happy. He’s done a good job at Bolton, they just don’t turn up on the day when it really mattered.

I'm meant the Burnley job. 

I am happy with Eustace as our head coach and I am interested to see who we sign and sell plus what squad we have at the start of the season

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm meant the Burnley job. 

I am happy with Eustace as our head coach and I am interested to see who we sign and sell plus what squad we have at the start of the season

I know you meant Burnley, I think he’s not at their level at the moment. 

37 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You could argue that he should be getting them promoted perhaps automatically in the last 2 seasons. Hes spent money and has good resources at that level. You look at the firepower they have, buying the League 1 player of last season in Jan, they bought Charles from Stanley, Adeboyejo from Burton, Bodvarsson from Reading, theyve got Cameron Jerome, Carlos Mendes Gomes from Luton and they signed Nlundulu too.

42 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hopefully someone as bad as possible.

I dont know all the potential managers across Europe so I dont know. I suspect that a manager who with vast resources has failed to get Bolton promoted from League 1 is probably not the man theyll go for.

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

I wouldn’t object but I’m not sure he’d leave Cov for us. 

How would you feel if Bellamy took over from Kompany? 

Edited by chaddyrovers