BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Most of their promotion squad is still there. Plus Berge and O'Shea who are added Champinship hardened players.

Apparently Brownhill,Taylor, Rodriguez, Cork and Gudmundson are all leaving, as I say, apparently. 

Barnes was obviously their most important, along with Harwood Bellis, Maatsen and Tella, none of whom are still there. I've no doubt forgotten a few. 

Their squad this time will be nothing like,although the 2 you mention would get in any Championship team, although Berge is tipped to leave. 

Edited by M_B

28 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You were very defensive of Lampard at his previous jobs. Im guessing you think that he would be a good appointment?

Couldn't care less who gets the job there as long as we beat them this coming season

13 minutes ago, M_B said:

Apparently Brownhill,Taylor, Rodriguez, Cork and Gudmundson are all leaving, as I say, apparently. 

Barnes was obviously their most important. 

Gudmundsson and Cork have definitely been released, Taylor and Rodriguez have been offered new deals and Brownhill has had a further year activated although maybe they will look to cash in.

You look at the side who won the league comfortably last time, they still have Muric, Beyer, Benson, Zaoury, Cullen and Vitinho. Potentially add Brownhill, Rodriguez and Taylor to that, plus squad players like Roberts, Twine, Ekdal and Al-Dakhil. Theyve loads of players who have been there and done it and you can add Berge who has been promoted from that level himself and is a big and powerful player as well as O'Shea who again is big and strong and experienced in the Championship, they have players who can handle themselves. Throw in some additional signings theyve made in the last year especially in attack who should be real assets at this level.

I think/hope that their biggest threat would be appointing a poor manager. Fingers crossed

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Gudmundsson and Cork have definitely been released, Taylor and Rodriguez have been offered new deals and Brownhill has had a further year activated although maybe they will look to cash in.

You look at the side who won the league comfortably last time, they still have Muric, Beyer, Benson, Zaoury, Cullen and Vitinho. Potentially add Brownhill, Rodriguez and Taylor to that, plus squad players like Roberts, Twine, Ekdal and Al-Dakhil. Theyve loads of players who have been there and done it and you can add Berge who has been promoted from that level himself and is a big and powerful player as well as O'Shea who again is big and strong and experienced in the Championship, they have players who can handle themselves. Throw in some additional signings theyve made in the last year especially in attack who should be real assets at this level.

I think/hope that their biggest threat would be appointing a poor manager. Fingers crossed

Their biggest asset would be Brownhill, one of the main men in their title win,although that "retained" list is well short of what they went up with. 

I haven't met a Burnley fan yet who doesn't think they are well short from the team that gained promotion. They'll be strong, but that core of strong, experienced players that Kompany inherited has either left, is leaving and is 2 years older whether or not. 

Edited by M_B

34 minutes ago, M_B said:

Their biggest asset would be Brownhill, one of the main men in their title win,although that "retained" list is well short of what they went up with. 

I haven't met a Burnley fan yet who doesn't think they are well short from the team that gained promotion. They'll be strong, but that core of strong, experienced players that Kompany inherited has either left, is leaving and is 2 years older whether or not. 

It's been confirmed that Jay Rodriguez has signed a new one year deal at Turf Moor ... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M_B said:

Theyve still got a number of them plus a couple of very good additions with Championship experience and quite a few players in attack who could help them score more goals. They have more talent and obviously a bit less experience but still a fair bit plus most of them have now won the league.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

It's been confirmed that Jay Rodriguez has signed a new one year deal at Turf Moor ... 

I heard he was signing for Hudds ? I think they would suit him better to be honest at his age. “ Time and tide wait for no man. “

Last time they had Ashley Barnes who obviously provided them with experience and leadership but he certainly wasnt a top Championship striker. They are keeping Rodriguez but im guessing that Foster will be their main striker who should score a lot of goals, I think he only signed half way through their last Championship season and took time to settle. Theyve also got Koleosho, Odobert, Tresor, Ramsey and if they sign him permanently, Brunn Larsen so they have a worrying amount of goals in their squad, with Benson having been on the fringes this season and Zaourary out on loan both proven. They also signed Redmond but he seemed to vanish.

@sympatheticclaret obviously the new manager will make a big difference either way but what do you think of your current squad?

12 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

dingles will have to offload their big earners and that will have an impact on them spending,im`e not sure their current squad will have the physicallity to stand up to championship football,they are all the same type of players

Will we? Why is that?

12 hours ago, M_B said:

Absolutely, there's no hardcore of Championship hardened players in their squad this time around.

Honestly think the Prem is more physically demanding than the championship these days. We have a number of players who will scare championship defences to death but are short on strikers. If (big if) we go into the season with largely the same squad and a competent manager we should be competitive at the top end.

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Most of their promotion squad is still there. Plus Berge and O'Shea who are added Champinship hardened players.

We also have Odobert, Koleosho and a couple of others added in. We look weak at full back though - and of course have no idea who we might get sell or buy .

11 hours ago, ABBEY said:

dingle on the radio today, doesnt matter who they are gonna walk it....tosser

There are always those types - last summer they were saying we’d be top half 😂. I will say this,. With our budget and starting squad anything outside the top 4 is failure - the only caveat being the owners don’t sell all the players and keep the money.

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

So far Parker, Lampard and Cooper have been interviewed 

Cooper I thought had declined the opportunity to interview.

10 hours ago, M_B said:

Barnes was obviously their most important, along with Harwood Bellis, Maatsen and Tella, none of whom are still there. I've no doubt forgotten a few. 

Their squad this time will be nothing like,although the 2 you mention would get in any Championship team, although Berge is tipped to leave. 

Barnes is a big miss and I think letting Cork and Gudmundson go is a mistake.

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Last time they had Ashley Barnes who obviously provided them with experience and leadership but he certainly wasnt a top Championship striker. They are keeping Rodriguez but im guessing that Foster will be their main striker who should score a lot of goals, I think he only signed half way through their last Championship season and took time to settle. Theyve also got Koleosho, Odobert, Tresor, Ramsey and if they sign him permanently, Brunn Larsen so they have a worrying amount of goals in their squad, with Benson having been on the fringes this season and Zaourary out on loan both proven. They also signed Redmond but he seemed to vanish.

@sympatheticclaret obviously the new manager will make a big difference either way but what do you think of your current squad?

If we go through this season with the squad we have right now then we should be serious contenders if we get the appointment right. Other teams will also be strong so promotion is never a given however as I’ve said already, less than top 4 is failure for one of the best funded teams in the division.

Posted (edited)

I think Alan Pace goes all wobbly when in the presence of perceived football 'icons and celebrities' etc hence his 'love affair' with Kompany.  Given this, I would expect the appointment of Lampard - Northcote Manor and Shajan watch out!

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

Steve Cooper hasn't been interviewed.

ok. 

1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

Cooper I thought had declined the opportunity to interview.

If he has declined the opportunity to be interview, clearly not interested then. I see Bellamy has been appointed acting head coach which seems to suggested he is the running for the permanent head coach job. 

What your thoughts on Lampard and Parker? Would you not go for someone like Liam Rosenior who I thought did a very good job at Hull? 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

ok. 

If he has declined the opportunity to be interview, clearly not interested then. I see Bellamy has been appointed acting head coach which seems to suggested he is the running for the permanent head coach job. 

What your thoughts on Lampard and Parker? Would you not go for someone like Liam Rosenior who I thought did a very good job at Hull? 

The appointment of Bellamy perhaps says they plan to take their time. Great as long as we don’t miss out on transfer targets etc.

Lampard had one decent season at Chelsea but it was all round weird with transfer embargo’s etc. underwhelming at Derby, poor at Everton and woeful back at Chelsea. Nothing about him says to me he can get a team like ours ‘purring’

Parker - did well getting out of the championship twice but seemed to self sabotage once promoted. Not one I’d chose. Rosenior I wouldn’t mind but I fear the chairman wants ‘a name’ - crazy I know but that’s my worry.

1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

The appointment of Bellamy perhaps says they plan to take their time. Great as long as we don’t miss out on transfer targets etc.

Lampard had one decent season at Chelsea but it was all round weird with transfer embargo’s etc. underwhelming at Derby, poor at Everton and woeful back at Chelsea. Nothing about him says to me he can get a team like ours ‘purring’

Parker - did well getting out of the championship twice but seemed to self sabotage once promoted. Not one I’d chose. Rosenior I wouldn’t mind but I fear the chairman wants ‘a name’ - crazy I know but that’s my worry.

thanks for the reply

17 hours ago, Rogerb said:

Steve Cooper has said he doesn't want the job more interested in Leicester apparently.

the ugly munter would have fit in with the local banjo players.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Rogerb said:

Steve Cooper has said he doesn't want the job more interested in Leicester apparently.

It was the Dingles who wanted him. He was never interested in it.