BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

37 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It could be good appointment but I don't think it will be easy job there, big squad there and alot to sort out there

Who did the fan base want? 

Knowing them lot, Pep.🙄

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, M_B said:

Hard to tell who they wanted, but they definitely didn't want Parker or Bellamy. 

Well they have both now. 

3 minutes ago, Moptop1 said:

Knowing them lot, Pep.🙄

🤣

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

It could be good appointment but I don't think it will be easy job there, big squad there and alot to sort out there

Who did the fan base want? 

4 hours ago, M_B said:

Hard to tell who they wanted, but they definitely didn't want Parker or Bellamy. 

In fairness Bellamy has never managed so I don’t know think it’s unreasonable that fans weren’t enamoured with the idea - plus if that’s where you are going why take so long?

As for ‘who did they want’ - well I can’t comment beyond the profile I would have liked. I think based on CV only then Parker would fit the mould. My reservations are around how it all ended for him at both Bournemouth and Fulham. I have to hope he’s reflected during his sabbatical and where he needed to improve. But who knows. Also worth noting he’s head coach, not manager.

• Backroom

Hopefully carries on his form from Club Brugge where he was binned after just 3 months for being terrible.

Happy with the appointment as I don't think he's a good manager, but as Parker himself has shown, along with the likes of Russell Martin and Daniel Farke, you don't have to be an especially good manager to get a parachute club out of the division, such is the financial/squad quality gap these days. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, DE. said:

Hopefully carries on his form from Club Brugge where he was binned after just 3 months for being terrible.

Happy with the appointment as I don't think he's a good manager, but as Parker himself has shown, along with the likes of Russell Martin and Daniel Farke, you don't have to be an especially good manager to get a parachute club out of the division, such is the financial/squad quality gap these days. 

Yeah you’ve got to be a Kean not to get a parachute club back into the top three.

• Like 9

Think he will get Burnley up this season (2 Championship promotions to his credit) but thereafter may the problem lie.

Had to smile at  comment from @chaddyrovers'he's a lot to sort out'.  Feck me, I'd take their squad over ours in a heartbeat.

Think they'll stroll it with 100 points.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Think he will get Burnley up this season (2 Championship promotions to his credit) but thereafter may the problem lie.

Had to smile at  comment from @chaddyrovers'he's a lot to sort out'.  Feck me, I'd take their squad over ours in a heartbeat.

Think they'll stroll it with 100 points.

You backing Dingles tell me everything I know about yourself

The Fulham and Bournemouth fans are very vocal on social media about their disdain for him - not seen many (we have a few mind) managers more vocally disliked, especially after being gone a short while. 

Their squad should be good enough to go back up but who knows? No idea if they'll sell anyone or if anyone or much merit left already. 

My gut feeling is it'll be Leeds and West Brom in the top 2 with Boro, Luton and Burnley not far behind. 

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

Chaddy, I am stating the blinding obvious - they have a squad that is light years ahead of ours in terms of depth and quality.

It should also tell you that I am a realist who does not bury my head in the sand and think everything is wonderful about Rovers.

No where Have I said everything is wonderful at Rovers, I will continue to back my Rovers, attend games and buy Rovers merchandise. My passion in supporting and backing Rovers will never waive 

Onto Burnley, He will have to cut the squad cos its massive and he will want his own signings in also. 

• Like 1

On 08/07/2024 at 14:39, chaddyrovers said:

No where Have I said everything is wonderful at Rovers, I will continue to back my Rovers, attend games and buy Rovers merchandise. My passion in supporting and backing Rovers will never waive 

Onto Burnley, He will have to cut the squad cos its massive and he will want his own signings in also. 

Oh no we need to sell around 20 players because we have too many. So that’s 20 players raising 50 million ish. Then of course there is the issue of which of our better players may get taken (Berge, Odobert, Beyer, Esters, O’Shea, Amdouni, Brownhill, Cullen) and what quality we can bring in (or not).

You can’t guarantee winning anything but a manager who can’t get a club whose come down with parachutes top 4 has failed - except in extreme circumstances of financial distress etc. 

Watched that Parker press conference and the guy looked tired, jaded even.

If I’m being honest, this is a guy who believes he’s at a level below where he believes he should be and his record basically says that’s not true.

I think American private equity money and a bit-part England international is the kind of clash of egos that could lead to implosion.

They won’t hold onto him for long, but I foresee an atrocious 3 months, a new manager and a race to recover playoffs.

50/50 they go up through the playoffs this year.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

are the dingles revolting,in the sense that they ar`nt happy,we all know they are revolting in a human sense🙂

I doubt it as it only really affects non season ticket holders for the top category games, their season ticket prices are reasonable and they've sold a fair few....

I wonder who will be potted first, Kompany at Bayern or Parker at Burnley? 
For sure neither will be given the time St.Vincent was given at Burnley. My mate in Munich tells me the majority of Bayern fans are very underwhelmed with Kompany. A ticking clock for both I reckon. 

Edited by Ianrally
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

For sure neither will be given the time St.Vincent was given at Burnley. My mate in Munich tells me the majority of Bayern fans are very underwhelmed with Kompany. A ticking clock for both I reckon. 

Parker, the day after we slaughter them at the Turd.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

in the "strange managerial appointments list" this is well up there,bayern munich are a footballing behemoth and they pick someone who spent 100 million quid on small town side  and got them relegated and humiliated,i predict a massive munich mutiny come october

• Like 3

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

in the "strange managerial appointments list" this is well up there,bayern munich are a footballing behemoth and they pick someone who spent 100 million quid on small town side  and got them relegated and humiliated,i predict a massive munich mutiny come october

I honestly have absolutely no idea what was going through their minds appointing him there.

Apart from getting them promoted, which given their colossal budget was a mere formality, he was a total failure.

Steve Kean won more points in the premiership than st Vincent.

• Like 2

On 25/07/2024 at 18:17, rigger said:

Parker, the day after we slaughter them at the Turd.

I wouldn't get carried away, it's over 10 years since Rovers even scored a goal against Burnley, never mind the 14 years without a win.