BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Deadline Day 2022

1 minute ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

£1.5 million loan fee for Nat Phillips, apparently. Absolutely extraordinary for 6 months. 

It would be so funny if Bournemouth didn't go up from here. 

Don't think it's that unusual.

Man Ure wanted £12m from Newcastle as a loan fee for Lingard if they stayed up.

• Like 1

It's hard to look at the (relative) lack of activity from Rovers, whilst seeing rivals for automatic promotion substantially strengthen. I understand there is significant financial disparity (whilst they have parachute payments). I'm not suggesting we mortgage the house but at the end of the day, we're likely to be in line for a substantial BBD windfall in the summer if we don't go up.

Surely we could have shown a little more ambition, given this is the first season in 10 years where we have a sniff of going back up.

Feels like we're happy just being up there and that we're quite content just to see what happens, which I suspect might be 6th at best if we get a few injuries in the run in.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

. All of a sudden our problem could be having too many options rather than too few, which if last season is anything to go by is not necessarily a good thing!

that would be a disaster as mowbray would be totaly confused who to pick

Edited by yoda's brother
update

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Who have they ACTUALLY signed?

Genuine question as I've no idea!

Freddie Woodman 

Todd Cantwell 

Nat Phillips 

Dembele 

Keiffer Moore 

All signed or being finalised and fee agreed.

Edited by BigBar

Well we had a great chance this transfer window to strengthen the team. We didn't need much tbf - One decent striker and one capable midfielder would have really done it for us imo and we would have aimed for the stars. Not only we didn't do it, while our competitors bought or had an interest in everyone, but if Rothwell is not to play again, we are actually weaker than 2 weeks ago. Shocking. Lets just wait and see thou but I am not an optimist. 

Edited by skous18

2 minutes ago, skous18 said:

Well we had a great chance this transfer window to strengthen the team. We didn't need much tbf - One decent striker and one capable midfielder would have really done it for us imo and we would have aimed for the stars. Not only we didn't do it, while our competitors bought or had an interest in everyone, but if Rothwell is not to play again, we are actually weaker than 2 weeks ago. Shocking. Lets just wait and see thou but I am not an optimist. 

Why wouldn't Rothwell play?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Freddie Woodman 

Todd Cantwell 

Nat Phillips 

Dembele 

Keiffer Moore 

Stinks of desperation. Parker's gonna do a Tony Tombola on matchday and hope it spits out a winning formula cos he's fecking clueless.

6 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Freddie Woodman 

Todd Cantwell 

Nat Phillips 

Dembele 

Keiffer Moore 

Quality signings at this level. But how do you keep them all happy with size of squad they already have. Also. Who's getting axed from there 25 man squad

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Why not? I thought we did extremely well out of him at the time.

Is it "Rothwell syndrome"?

🙂

No, comments he made whilst a Manure player that I don't have time to go over again.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, davulsukur said:

McBride supposedly off to Queens Park in Scottish League one on loan.

Doesn't seem like a great move?

Sounds like a terrible one. The English League One move sounded alright. If he is going there his Rovers career is basically over.

10 minutes ago, skous18 said:

I am an optimist. Rothwell shows some bollocks, and powers the Rovers to promotion, with the help of Dack who returns at the begining of March and scores 10 goals, in the last eleven games. 

Edited by rigger
  • Like 2