BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Deadline Day 2022

Just now, JHRover said:

That's very easy to say. Anyone can claim to have money. Spending it is the key. Familiar theme here though that despite claims of it being there for one reason or another it doesn't get spent. 

Still - gets some free brownie points for the owners who must not be criticised or questioned.

When Rothwell's girlfriend is on social media responding to vile messages saying how people don't know the ins and outs and truth of things I suspect this is what she is referring to. 

I wouldn't be at all surprised if there was some pushing from Mowbray/Rovers end as much as Rothwell wanting to leave at this juncture.

We agreed a fee. 

We have sold nobody.You had Nyambe off the minute we were linked with Zeefuik.

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if there was some pushing from Mowbray/Rovers end as much as Rothwell wanting to leave at this juncture.

Of course you wouldn’t 

It could be just as plausible that Bournemouth were successful in their pursuit of Cantwell. A much better player than Rothwell. In doing so they decided the 3m outlay for a bloke they can get for free in 6 months wasn’t worth it. 

Several reputable sources including Sharpe all said Rothwell wanted to go to Bournemouth. It won’t be forgotten. He hasn’t once denied it, which you would expect he would if it was the case. You can believe whatever you want but let’s not forget what has actually been said. A post of him smiling at training does not take away from that fact. 

• Like 1

Bournemouth have just announced Cantwell. They’ve really gone for it. Parachute payments making a huge difference. They’ve got so much talent in that team, I wouldn’t be surprised if they challenged Fulham for first. Book your Wembley hotels. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Hmmm. I can see why people don't bother giving bits they hear now.

Apologies, Mike. Wasn't meant to offend. I'm always interested in hearing any info any poster may have. I'm just peed off like everybody else that we seem to have wasted today.

• Like 2

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, J*B said:

Bournemouth have just announced Cantwell. They’ve really gone for it. Parachute payments making a huge difference. They’ve got so much talent in that team, I would be surprised if they challenged Fulham for first. Book your Wembley hotels. 

Cantwell has had a lot of criticism for his attitude, with a bit of luck this all implodes for them 

• Like 4

Who cares about Bournemouth? 

Just means they have more players to offload for cheap when they miss out. Trying to buy their way out of a poor managerial appointment. Parker is a bad manager and he still has to get a tune out of them 

They started with Lerma, Christie, Solanke, Billings, Pearson and Anthony last match. Who gets dropped for who they have signed? Best thing they did was bring in Phillips to replace the old Cahill but I think our lads are as good as theirs. We need to stay injury free though. 

Anyone trying to claim this window has been a success needs their head examining. 

Whilst we’re sat 2nd in the league, our best position since relegation….we’ve loaned a back up for Nyambe, a forward for our bench/the future, a right back from the Irish league (for the future?) and potentially a loan to cover for Pickerings injury. Barely spending a penny.

Whilst being beaten to signings by our rivals (Dembele). On top of of that Bournemouth have picked up Cantwell, Moore and played us like a fiddle with Rothwell

Edited by superniko
  • Like 9

8 minutes ago, islander200 said:

We agreed a fee. 

We have sold nobody.You had Nyambe off the minute we were linked with Zeefuik.

I could have called an estate agent and agreed a fee for a million pound house earlier. That doesn't mean I have the money.

I can't/won't pay it, so the deal doesn't happen and I don't get the benefit of the house.

We can go around making bids for players left right and centre. Remember Assombalonga? Means nothing if we can't or won't close the deal.

Well i was hoping for more but i'm not going to get mad at the owners or the manager right now for not bringing more players in.We are never going to get a better chance of getting back into the Premiership than we do this season so it's time to back the team for the next few months.I am going to hold my frustration until the end of the season when IF we don't get promoted the owners will have answers to give as why they didn't back the manager more in this window.

1 minute ago, superniko said:

Anyone trying to claim this window has been a success needs their head examining. 

Whilst we’re sat 2nd in the league, our best position since relegation….we’ve signed a back up for Nyambe, a forward for our bench/the future, a right back from the Irish league and potentially a loan to cover for Pickerings injury. 

Whilst beating beaten to signings by our rivals (Dembele).

Sums it up really

You can't dress it up.... it's been a poor effort for a club 2nd in the league but in dire need of more (quality) players

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, JHRover said:

When Rothwell's girlfriend is on social media responding to vile messages saying how people don't know the ins and outs and truth of things I suspect this is what she is referring to. 

Or she's covering his back because his dream move has fallen through. 

8 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Several reputable sources including Sharpe all said Rothwell wanted to go to Bournemouth. It won’t be forgotten. He hasn’t once denied it, which you would expect he would if it was the case. You can believe whatever you want but let’s not forget what has actually been said. A post of him smiling at training does not take away from that fact. 

Sharpe gets everything from the Club. He has no other sources. Of course his line is going to be that the manager wants him to toe. 

I’d love to see who we’ve actually tried for today! Every window is the same, TM makes out signings are imminent………..firing players go out on loan and we desperately scurry about for a last minute loan signings!

Bournemouth huge favourites to go up automatically now in my view.