BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Deadline Day 2022

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

I could have called an estate agent and agreed a fee for a million pound house earlier. That doesn't mean I have the money.

I can't/won't pay it, so the deal doesn't happen and I don't get the benefit of the house.

We can go around making bids for players left right and centre. Remember Assombalonga? Means nothing if we can't or won't close the deal.

I firmly believe money is/was made available. 

Can't say why it hasn't been spent. It's no good going for an ambitious target and then missing out.

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Or she's covering his back because his dream move has fallen through. 

Maybe, maybe not. Two sides to every story yet I'd tread carefully where the likes of Waggott are concerned and would certainly not jump to conclusions of the player being the one in the wrong. 

Just now, Craigman said:

Not sure the owners want us to get promoted. Signing 3-4 players today was needed. At the moment we have 0. 

I doubt the owners that matter know or care we are in with a strong chance. Balaji might but he doesn't control the purse strings.

11 minutes ago, Tom said:

Cantwell announced at Bournemouth so that’s 5 today, they are giving it a good go

They’re going to be gutted when they miss out on promotion 

It'll be fun when the cunts come to Ewood on 30th April with all to play for!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

I could have called an estate agent and agreed a fee for a million pound house earlier. That doesn't mean I have the money.

I can't/won't pay it, so the deal doesn't happen and I don't get the benefit of the house.

We can go around making bids for players left right and centre. Remember Assombalonga? Means nothing if we can't or won't close the deal.

We won't agree you don't consider Ffp as an issue.

We have come up short in the window but like I said all the players were kept.No credit for stopping the Rothwell transfer to our direct rivals.

We know Rothwell works we don't know how the lads he intended to bring in would do.

We sold nobody and brought in a prospect in Markanday, a right back with decent pedigree, a left back/midfielder who has done well first half of season.

Every single interview Mowbray has been talking about incomings there was some money but value and availablity wasn't found

• Backroom

I booted up the laptop at 8.30am this morning expecting at least 2 signings through the door. I'm sure we'll get Giles but it's now past the deadline and not a peep. 

What the hell is wrong with us? Someone needs to give that fax machine a feckin good boot.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, pick32 said:

So the two bids were actually for Elliott and Solanke then? I thought someone was having a laugh 

Sounds like we had a bid accepted for Dembele but he chose Bournemouth. The wages some of the Bournemouth signings must be on. If they don’t go up this season they will be in massive trouble.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

We won't agree you don't consider Ffp as an issue.

We have come up short in the window but like I said all the players were kept.No credit for stopping the Rothwell transfer to our direct rivals.

We know Rothwell works we don't know how the lads he intended to bring in would do.

We sold nobody and brought in a prospect in Markanday, a right back with decent pedigree, a left back/midfielder who has done well first half of season.

Every single interview Mowbray has been talking about incomings there was some money but value and availablity wasn't found

The Armstrong cash dealt with FFP didn't it? Or are we saying that we had to sell Armstrong, pocket all the cash and can't spend anything despite drastically cutting costs? 

I'm getting lost in the Rothwell circus - are you saying we stopped it? Or was it because Bournemouth moved on to other targets?

Lets not end up bickering about it because I'm sure we can agree in the end it doesn't actually matter - FFP or no FFP, cash to spend or no cash to spend - by the looks of things we haven't really added depth which the Luton game shows we need - that's all there is to it.

In a normal season of mid table mediocrity that might be fine but in this position they are very brave and confident in what they have or stupid. 

35 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Posh chairman confirms we had a bid accepted for Dembele but he opted for Bournemouth, they're really starting to get on my tits 

We should have done the bloody deal at the start of the month if we wanted him! Ffs

• Like 5

1 minute ago, pick32 said:

So the two bids were actually for Elliott and Solanke then? I thought someone was having a laugh 

They definitely were!

1. Fee

2. wages

I'm absolutely gobsmacked we haven’t improved our squad while sitting 2nd in the league. 
They can’t afford to mess this season up know…….it’s all on the owners and the management now!