BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Deadline Day 2022

6 minutes ago, Craigman said:

Not sure the owners want us to get promoted. Signing 3-4 players today was needed. At the moment we have 0. 

Who over and above those we've already signed, lost nobody and without standing in the way of our developing youngsters?

Would you have signed 3-4 temporarily, permanent, on what terms and for how many years? How much in transfer fees?

6 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Remember when rovers were last in 2nd place fighting with Fulham for promotion.  Who did we bring in? Eyal berkovich.  Oh for those days 

Inspired signing. And, I would argue, a mistake by Souness not to keep him after that, even though we signed Tugay. He went to Portsmouth, I believe, and helped them to a high Premier League finish and won their player of the season. Brilliant player. Though, back then, we were big spenders in the league, behind Fulham. 

As far as I can tell, we didn't sign a CM, even though it's long overdue, even if Rothwell makes a return. I would hope that Mowbray gives Garrett some experience to contribute. I'm not convinced that Johnson and Davenport are good enough and, let's face it, will leave this summer.

To repeat myself, again, if Rovers haven't made enquiries about signing Khadra on a permanent deal, then they've failed. He should be the priority target.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 1

Rich Sharpe says Rovers “Haven’t gone to bed yet”. 

I’ve got to be driving at 7am tomorrow morning. Does anyone have any speculation as to whether or not this is just Gilks, or there’s something else coming? I can’t stay up for just Gilks. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Sounds like we had a bid accepted for Dembele but he chose Bournemouth. The wages some of the Bournemouth signings must be on. If they don’t go up this season they will be in massive trouble.

nowhere near guaranteed to go up,they`ve got qpr and west brom (if they get a new manager)to contend with as well as ourselves,qpr are really the only side i fear tbh

Just now, J*B said:

I’ve got to be driving at 7am tomorrow morning. Does anyone have any speculation as to whether or not this is just Gilks, or there’s something else coming? I can’t stay up for just Gilks. 

https://media4.giphy.com/media/mguPrVJAnEHIY/200.gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The Armstrong cash dealt with FFP didn't it? Or are we saying that we had to sell Armstrong, pocket all the cash and can't spend anything despite drastically cutting costs? 

I'm getting lost in the Rothwell circus - are you saying we stopped it? Or was it because Bournemouth moved on to other targets?

Lets not end up bickering about it because I'm sure we can agree in the end it doesn't actually matter - FFP or no FFP, cash to spend or no cash to spend - by the looks of things we haven't really added depth which the Luton game shows we need - that's all there is to it.

In a normal season of mid table mediocrity that might be fine but in this position they are very brave and confident in what they have or stupid. 

I'm saying some money was available but they couldn't find value, availability and affordability.

How much do you think it costs to run the club for a year?Stay within the rules in place?

You honestly believe the club are making fake bids for players to fool the public?The posh chairman has no reason to say a bid was made and accepted if it wasn't 

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

Sounds like just Giles (although he says Deals plural)

Edited by superniko
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I firmly believe money is/was made available. 

Can't say why it hasn't been spent. It's no good going for an ambitious target and then missing out.

I honestly don't believe there was any money to spend without Rothwell leaving.  If we get the lad from Wolves and having retained the players who are out of contract in the Summer then I think it hasn't been a bad window.  We simply can't compete with the money that Bournemouth had available and their spending today suggests that this season is make or break for them.  With the players they've signed I would expect them to challenge Fulham for the top two spots.  At the end of the day our squad is just too thin to cover injuries and suspensions in the final run-in unless we get a lot of luck.  

• Like 3

• Backroom

I'm quite happy that we've kept the current squad together. Never had any expectations of us getting anybody exciting in as we rarely if ever do in January.

So, about Waggott reportedly telling all and sundry that those who won't sign a new contract would be sold in Jan... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hi Mack said:

They definitely were!

1. Fee

2. wages

I'm absolutely gobsmacked we haven’t improved our squad while sitting 2nd in the league. 
They can’t afford to mess this season up know…….it’s all on the owners and the management now! 

I like Pickering, but Giles is a massive improvement.

Zeefuik is light years better than anyone else we can slot in at RWB besides Nyambe too.

We just needed a CM and a ST too (and a backup GK if we're honest). Our thin squad will ultimately be our undoing. 

Just now, roversfan99 said:

And Butterworth out.

Butterworth out with no striker in seems mental to me. I understand he was hardly setting the world alight but we are clearly lacking in attacking options at the moment.

• Like 2

The frustration isn't at the posters for sharing the info, it's at the incompetence of the club for the infuriatingly unrealistic targets (if true). We're 2nd, plenty of players would have joined... if we can't do it now when the hell can we? 😒

• Like 6

Just now, DE. said:

I'm quite happy that we've kept the current squad together. Never had any expectations of us getting anybody exciting in as we rarely if ever do in January.

So, about Waggott reportedly telling all and sundry that those who won't sign a new contract would be sold in Jan... 

swag would`nt  tell the truth if you held a loaded shotgun to his face,he`s incapable of doing anything straight

• Like 1

Has the Wolves lad actually gone through?

Even it has, I have to say that given the stakes on offer that was a very disappointing window. I do believe we tried for the ambitious targets mentioned in the last hour or two, don't know how close we got or if there was ever a realistic chance of getting them, but in the final analysis it's results that count.

I think we're only an injury away  to either Kaminsky, Travis or Brereton from being absolutely snookered. Given the contract situation and the likelihood half the first team will be walking out for nothing either this summer or next summer this could be our only realistic chance of promotion for years and it looks like  a chance missed.

• Like 4