BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Nottingham Forest (h) - 9/2/22

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Well, the manager who gratuitously dropped arguably our best defender is getting exactly what he deserved.

Those of us supporters who want to see us give ourselves a chance by putting our best eleven players out on the pitch, not so much so.

Some guy on Twitter assured us all that Zeefuick was a "far superior RWB" to Nyambe.

Even had the cheek to blame the lack of goals on Nyambe.

• Like 1

Just now, Ghost7 said:

I think the reality is we're overachieving and being found out... it was never going to last, this is why January was so important. It's a miracle we are where we are and had to take advantage of that by spending. We didn't, end of story.

All we needed to do was sign Patterson on deadline day, he was available apparently, very clever and experienced

player who can play anywhere up top.

• Like 1

Rovers have reverted to what we have been for the past few seasons ....... an average mid-table team. We were always punching above our weight in 2nd place but the play-offs will be a distant dream too if Tony doesn't sort this out 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

He might not have been a world beater so far, but it’s a bit harsh to say he’s rubbish already. Has it been five games yet?

I really don't think so.

It would be a good deal less annoying if Nyambe had done ANYTHING whatsoever to warrant being dropped.

But he hasn't.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, neophox said:

We need a massive step up second half. This first half has Bern abysmal. Our wing backs been terrible.... just a waste. Cant say Forrest impressed me. Its Rovers that are totally lost. Time to step up big time..

Agreed, the wing backs aren’t working at all. We probably need to change the system.

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Rovers have reverted to what we have been for the past few seasons ....... an average mid-table team. We were always punching above our weight in 2nd place but the play-offs will be a distant dream too if Tony doesn't sort this out 

Imagine having to endure this in the play offs.

2 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Cooper is really good manager, way too clever

He is isn’t he. 
I think there 3rd in the league, and above us, in matches since he took over. They were in the relegation zone when he was appointed.

2 seasons at Swansea in the playoffs and he’ll be there again with Forest this year. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, superniko said:

He is isn’t he. 
I think there 3rd in the league, and above us, in matches since he took over. They were in the relegation zone when he was appointed.

2 seasons at Swansea in the playoffs and he’ll be there again with Forest this year. 

Won England the under 17 World Cup too

• Like 1

Agree we haven't played well but we've missed some absolute sitters the last 1 1/2 games. We have a weird midfield at the moment, all pressing but when the tackle comes in its soft, already tonight quite a few forest players just managed to ride through them.

Whats the deal with Zeefuik? I know it's a loan but surely we aren't tied in to buy? Might be looking for two RBs in summer at this rate. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

As have the rest of the league by the looks of things.

Tony earn your corn here FFS and for once actually do something about turning a match around. 

When was the last time he actually did earn his corn? 

Unless the level is raised significantly for the 2nd half, we aren't getting anything out of this.

Confidence will be in the mud if we take another defeat.

• Like 1

So we are playing wing backs with two players who aren't wing backs, right? Great. Too many of ours are totally underperforming and/or not good enough. It is getting really hard to watch this, game in, game out - especially knowing there was such an opportunity here for promotion, and it's going to go begging.

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

At least west brom imploding faster than us.  1-0 down and man sent off

Don’t worry they turn it around on Monday in the new managers first home game, against us 

• Moderation Lead
10 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I really don't think so.

It would be a good deal less annoying if Nyambe had done ANYTHING whatsoever to warrant being dropped.

But he hasn't.

Putting aside Nyambe being dropped (which isn’t something I actually agree with, I do like Nyambe, always have).

If you really don’t think it’s harsh to decide someone is rubbish after five games, then I don’t really understand how you can be that way, I guess we are just made differently.

(If you said ‘rubbish so far’, then that obviously changes it completely).