BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Fulham (a) - 5/3/22

On 28/02/2022 at 00:09, Butty said:

Free hit this game. It’s all about Fortress Ewood to cement us in that top six. The top two is gone now. If we can come away from this game with a point it would be a great result. 

Don't agree that the 2nd automatic spot is beyond us yet. We have a much easier run in than Bournemouth from now until the end of the season, Never say die get's you places.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geoff66 said:

Don't agree that the 2nd automatic spot is beyond us yet. We have a much easier run in than Bournemouth from now until the end of the season, Never say die get's you places.

The place it will get you is severe disappointment. Absolutely the players need to have the attitude that they can win every match, beyond that there's not much point them fixating on whether it's automatics or playoffs. Thinking too far head like that can sabotage you mentally too. But they're paid handsomely to give their all. Individual fans not only pay instead of being paid, but the impact of a single fan is considerably lower than the impact of a single player. We're allowed to just be realistic on a forum.

And realistically, our chances of finishing 2nd are very, very slim. I'm going to be generous and say they're about 5-10% at best. We do have a generous run-in, but our last result aside, we are in very poor form, whilst Bournemouth have returned to fine form and have a deep squad. Thankfully the ship may have turned against QPR, but in a way it came at the wrong time as we now face a team who are very likely to put us right back in our place. We are also missing our best striker for a few more games yet, barely scoring without him, and vulnerable to injuries in a few other areas. Oh and of course, we are 4 points behind, with Bournemouth having 3 games in hand and even if they slip, a few other teams in better form with a chance of catching them. Save yourself the heartache and worry about landing top 6 instead (which may also result in heartache).

• Like 3

As much as I don’t rate Parker, unfortunately they have enough talent to pull something out of the bag in games and secure second  - example being their last two matches where they turned potential defeats into wins late on.

Edited by Mattyblue

58 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

As much as I don’t rate Parker, unfortunately they have enough talent to pull something out of the bag in games and secure second  - example being their last two matches where they turned potential defeats into wins late on.

It's alright when you can name substitutes that cost £25m, £15m and £8m at this level.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Geoff66 said:

I'd say that it's out of our hands, rather than beyond us. They are a couple of last minute wins away from being on extremely ordinary form for a promotion contender, and that's been going on for much longer than our recent spell, so I'd say there's potential for the wheels to come off when they play so many of the stronger sides, back to back.

We'll be relying on them taking a nosedive though, as well as us putting some form together which is similar to our spell before Christmas. The absolute bare minimum that we'll need will be 80 points, which is a bit of a stretch even with the kind fixture list.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Good news on the injury front: https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19966774.blackburn-rovers-mowbray-gives-positive-injury-update-ryan-nyambe/

Ayalay's mid-season break rolls on. Great gig if you can get it.

Surely now ranks as one of our worst signings in terms of £££ per minutes played? No doubt he is decent but he certainly cant be described as motivated. Shame

4 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I'd say that it's out of our hands, rather than beyond us. They are a couple of last minute wins away from being on extremely ordinary form for a promotion contender, and that's been going on for much longer than our recent spell, so I'd say there's potential for the wheels to come off when they play so many of the stronger sides, back to back.

We'll be relying on them taking a nosedive though, as well as us putting some form together which is similar to our spell before Christmas. The absolute bare minimum that we'll need will be 80 points, which is a bit of a stretch even with the kind fixture list.

With Bradey Dack back soon and BBD  hopefully, I think this team is good enough for at least a play off spot. I can't remember when I have cheered so much at ewood this season, usually moans and groans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Could do that. Given we’re playing Fulham away I can’t see Johnson getting out of our half a lot. Has he had two good games on the run before though ?

Only before he signed for the Rovers.

29 minutes ago, Geoff66 said:

With Bradey Dack back soon and BBD  hopefully, I think this team is good enough for at least a play off spot. I can't remember when I have cheered so much at ewood this season, usually moans and groans.

Agree completely about the play offs. Even before the QPR game I was very relaxed that we'd end up in there with the games we have left. Our home form is outstanding like you say and we've still got plenty of the low hanging fruit to play at Ewood. 

I think if BBD comes back from the international break fresh and scoring, then it's not impossible that we could post a total of a tad over 80 points, so then it comes down to how realistic it is for Bournemouth to fall apart before then if we're talking about the top 2. I can definitely see them struggling in the last month or so, but before then they've got Posh, Derby, Reading and Bristol City, all at home. We're probably banking on them dropping a decent number of points in their easier-looking games if we want to finish above them. It could happen, but pretty unlikely from where we're sitting now. 

20 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Closer to tomorrow it gets, the more I fancy us... 2-1 Rovers after a blistering start and a horrible 70 mins after it.

I appreciate your optimism. 
For me, just to be within striking range with 80’ would be a coup, after the disaster at Ewood. 

4 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Agree completely about the play offs. Even before the QPR game I was very relaxed that we'd end up in there with the games we have left. Our home form is outstanding like you say and we've still got plenty of the low hanging fruit to play at Ewood. 

I think if BBD comes back from the international break fresh and scoring, then it's not impossible that we could post a total of a tad over 80 points, so then it comes down to how realistic it is for Bournemouth to fall apart before then if we're talking about the top 2. I can definitely see them struggling in the last month or so, but before then they've got Posh, Derby, Reading and Bristol City, all at home. We're probably banking on them dropping a decent number of points in their easier-looking games if we want to finish above them. It could happen, but pretty unlikely from where we're sitting now. 

Might work out if BBD is on international duty. His goals have dried up for rovers the last 3 or 4 games. If he scores for Chile he usually scores for rovers.