BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Fulham (a) - 5/3/22

7 minutes ago, superniko said:

Bournemouth, QPR, Luton, Coventry all lose (and Bournemouth if it matters) perspective is needed. 
As I’ve said, we’ve got a great run in - if we don’t make the top 6 now it’ll be a huge failure. Should comfortably get to 75+ points  

Good day for Boro and Huddersfield. 

Playoffs between ourselves, Boro, Hudds and Sheff Utd. Hopefully we draw the terriers for a big away day!

Huddersfield have some tough games coming up they play 4 out of potential top 6 teams in their next 7 . Hopefully West Brom's win today will give them some confidence as they play Hudds on Friday .

In fairness I had them down to struggle this season and have to say the manager has done a fantastic job but I think Forest will get top 6 at their expense.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

No goals from open play in 630 minutes.

What an utterly abysmal setup.

The only consolation is Mowbray leaving after another 11 games.

i ****** hope so,i don`t think i can take another 3 years of his management, i`ll be going to  accrington stanley or chorley if he does sign another deal

14 minutes ago, yankfan said:

Result as expected. Without BBD it seems we don’t have any real goal threat. What’s most concerning to me is the status of the club for next year. Of the 14 that were on the pitch today. 5 are loans, 2 are out of contract. Of the 7 that will be back, none look likely to have standout performances. Unless we sell BBD for 30 million and reinvest all those funds, I don’t see the side having more talent than this. 

Agree that this season could be the high point for a long time, should we not go up. 

I disagree with those that argue that we have a small squad. We just extended James Brown's deal. He's a 23 year old RB with experience, albeit lower level. Dan Pike, now at AFC Fylde, was given a two year deal - so supposedly is/was rated. That makes 5 right wing backs at the club, in Nyambe, Zeefuik, JRC, Brown, Pike excluding those featuring for the U18s.

More questionable is thr quality of managerial decision-making in some of the recruitment. The backing of Bradley Johnson as third choice CM a glaring issue, unresolved for a long time.

15 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

If they were hand it over to the fans; what price would you charge for a season ticket & how many would you expect to sell at that price ?

I’d follow the Bournemouth model, the fans saved that club against all the odds. 

Bottom line is, I’m just a fan that realises being a slave to the Venky £ has no longevity, we will never progress under these owners. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Huddersfield have some tough games coming up they play 4 out of potential top 6 teams in their next 7 . Hopefully West Brom's win today will give them some confidence as they play Hudds on Friday .

In fairness I had them down to struggle this season and have to say the manager has done a fantastic job but I think Forest will get top 6 at their expense.

Yeah since Forest appointed Cooper they’re a top 6 team comfortably. It’s all to play for. But we’re in a great position, with our fixtures it would be a complete failure to miss out on the top 6. QPR will fall, next few games for ourselves are massive. 

5 minutes ago, Gav said:

I’d follow the Bournemouth model, the fans saved that club against all the odds. 

Bottom line is, I’m just a fan that realises being a slave to the Venky £ has no longevity, we will never progress under these owners. 

Make your mind up pal we have progressed this season - so far. They still own it their money pays Mowbray. He and his staff use their budget from their money, they didn't sack him when they should have. He chose to bring in who he did in Jan with their backing instead of a striker.

The whole lot go hand in hand.

Bigger picture though i agree, fully expect to be back in midtable next season with Tony at the wheel and several good players lighter.

It's a collective.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

Agree that this season could be the high point for a long time, should we not go up. 

I disagree with those that argue that we have a small squad. We just extended James Brown's deal. He's a 23 year old RB with experience, albeit lower level. Dan Pike, now at AFC Fylde, was given a two year deal - so supposedly is/was rated. That makes 5 right wing backs at the club, in Nyambe, Zeefuik, JRC, Brown, Pike excluding those featuring for the U18s.

More questionable is thr quality of managerial decision-making in some of the recruitment. The backing of Bradley Johnson as third choice CM a glaring issue, unresolved for a long time.

Certainly will be a young and inexperienced side next campaign as it stands. Don’t expect Diaz to be around pats this summer, so it’s really difficult to see us competing for promotion. That’s what seems to have made the January window so frustrating. An opportunity to go up might not come again for a while, and we failed to bring in any pieces to push us over the top. 

1 hour ago, J*B said:

I think I’d be very annoyed if I was a multi billionaire that simply wanted to make a really good football club yet I was restricted about how much money I can spend. Is that an answer?

I'd be very annoyed, but to be fair if I'd employed Kean, Mowbray, and Coyle I'd be man enough to look myself in the mirror and admit it's my own fault. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Make your mind up pal we have progressed this season - so far. They still own it their money pays Mowbray. He and his staff use their budget from their money, they didn't sack him when they should have. He chose to bring in who he did in Jan with their backing instead of a striker.

The whole lot go hand in hand.

Bigger picture though i agree, fully expect to be back in midtable next season with Tony at the wheel and several good players lighter.

It's a collective.

If we don’t go up, I’d gladly accept mid table next year. Assuming BBD is sold and like AA sale the money isn’t reinvested, the side looks more like relegation that promotion to me. 

5 minutes ago, superniko said:

Yeah since Forest appointed Cooper they’re a top 6 team comfortably. It’s all to play for. But we’re in a great position, with our fixtures it would be a complete failure to miss out on the top 6. QPR will fall, next few games for ourselves are massive. 

Agree I think we are in a great position and I do believe we will be in the top 6 with the fixtures we have left.

If we have Brererton fit and Dack capable of making an impact by the time of the play offs then think we would be in pretty good shape.

A front 3 of Brererton Dack Khadra along with our strength at the back would give us a good chance

Results as ever are a mixed bag, some rivals won, some rivals lost and some rivals drew. Key is that it is down to us where we finish, and not to worry too much about other results. Will probably take 6 or 7 wins from 11.

The question is are we capable of that and I have serious doubts. In the main, our strength is certainly the defence, I think the commentator said 6 or 7 goals conceded since the use of a back 3, so I don't think we can change it. That being said, with Travis and now Lenihan both on 9 yellows with 2 games before the cut off, Rankin Costello destined for a run on the right and Ayala nowhere to be seen, there is a huge chance of us needing to change that formula, whether it be going back to a back 4, slotting someone in like Johnson who isn't a defender or removing the protection from the midfield, it could lead to us being more defensively vulnerable.

At the other end, @chaddyrovers was very keen to suggest that others would step up upon Breretons absence, that is clearly not happening. Khadra is very inconsistent, Dolan all energy but little goal threat or creativity, Giles perhaps better from wing back and has been guilty of poor decisions, Hedges unfancied and not prolific himself and Gallagher so limited yet probably our biggest goal threat despite his lack of striking instinct, so that is saying something. The midfielders and defenders aren't chipping in either which considering their own respective goal histories isnt a big surprise. We need both Dack on the bench and Brereton back fit ASAP, although it might be too little too late.

We have to accumulate some points at Ewood in the next 10 days.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, yankfan said:

If we don’t go up, I’d gladly accept mid table next year. Assuming BBD is sold and like AA sale the money isn’t reinvested, the side looks more like relegation that promotion to me. 

Fair enough comment.

With the expected departures they'll have to pull a lot of rabbits out of a small hat to match this season. The BBD money will be trousered to cover the training ground exchange imo.

If we had lost at home to Cardiff I’d understand frustration. We just lost away to Fulham, the toughest of 46 fixtures over a season, whilst rivals lost at home to bottom half teams. 
It’s an open league, playoffs here we come. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, superniko said:

If we had lost at home to Cardiff I’d understand frustration. We just lost away to Fulham, the toughest of 46 fixtures over a season, whilst rivals lost at home to bottom half teams. 
It’s an open league, playoffs here we come. 

I would suggest that the worry is not a loss in the toughest game of the season in isolation.

Our form in the last 7 games has been 1 win, 2 draws and 4 losses.

A giant worry is the fact that we have scored 1 goal in 7 games, and 3 goals in 11 games, most of which are without our main striker who will miss at least 5 more games. We don't look like scoring.

Even defensively, in the main that is where our strength is, but our 2 main right wing backs are injured, and our captain and also our sole effective defensive midfielder are both 1 game away from a 2 game ban. Our sole back up at centre back is injured too so we may need to change the formation to which our new found defensive solidity has been built on.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I would suggest that the worry is not a loss in the toughest game of the season in isolation.

Our form in the last 7 games has been 1 win, 2 draws and 4 losses.

A giant worry is the fact that we have scored 1 goal in 7 games, and 3 goals in 11 games, most of which are without our main striker who will miss at least 5 more games. We don't look like scoring.

Even defensively, in the main that is where our strength is, but our 2 main right wing backs are injured, and our captain and also our sole effective defensive midfielder are both 1 game away from a 2 game ban. Our sole back up at centre back is injured too so we may need to change the formation to which our new found defensive solidity has been built on.

Our other back up centre half is currently going well at Portsmouth.

1 hour ago, yankfan said:

Result as expected. Without BBD it seems we don’t have any real goal threat. What’s most concerning to me is the status of the club for next year. Of the 14 that were on the pitch today. 5 are loans, 2 are out of contract. Of the 7 that will be back, none look likely to have standout performances. Unless we sell BBD for 30 million and reinvest all those funds, I don’t see the side having more talent than this. 

The problem with that is even if we sell BBD for 30 million how much will we see of it ?

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

It doesn’t matter what other teams are doing if we can’t win our share of games.

Nobody expected a result today, but it doesn't make it hurt any less seeing how comfortable Fulham were throughout the game. We had a bit more of the ball in the second half, but I think Fulham eased off and were happy for us to have it.

What were those tactics about today? Giles on the right, Gally on the left when he came on, putting crosses into the smaller attackers. It truly reminds me of some of my old Champ Man/Footy Manager saves when I'd try any random tactic in the hope something works.

Our lack of a goal threat is a worry. Khadra and Dolan have plus points, but are so frustrating to watch on the ball. They huff and puff, they look busy, but more often than not, produce nothing at the end of it. Proper coaches would get a hold of them and tell them to cut out the needless step overs and tricks.

We already knew, but today shows how far away we are from being a top side in this division. If we did make it to the Premier League we would need a major overhaul of the playing squad and a new manager, none of which I see happening under these owners.

I still think we have enough about us to see off some of the 'easier' fixtures coming up. The next three games are pivotal and we need to take maximum points from them. 2nd is beyond us now, imo, as Bournemouth are unlikely to throw away three games in hand, but the play offs are still on.

59 minutes ago, Gav said:

And then a multimillionaire stepped in and bankrolled their ascent to the Premier League. Fan-owned clubs have no source of finance so Rovers would soon be in League 2. Would that be batter??

18 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He’s another who hasn’t got three games in a week in him.

Zeefuik will not be any loss provided JRC stays fit (unlikely admittedly). Zeefuik is a liabilty who crashes into needless challenges and makes kamikaze runs forward with no positional sense. Its a shame for him that he probably won't now have an extended run to show that he can do better.