BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

You need 15 points to qualify for GBE, around 10-12 to go to the exceptions panel. Just for those who are suggesting certain European talents.

POINTS FROM DOMESTIC COMPS:

• Band 1 leagues are the English Premier League, the Bundesliga, La Liga, Serie A and Ligue 1
  • Band 2 leagues are the Portuguese Primeira Liga, Eredivisie, Belgian First Division A, the Turkish Super Lig and the English Championship;
  • Band 3 leagues are the Russian Premier League, Campeonato Brasileiro Série A, Primera División of Argentina, Liga MX and the Scottish Premiership;
  • Band 4 leagues are the Czech First League, Croatian First Football League, the Swiss Super League, La Liga 2, Bundesliga 2, Ukrainian Premier League, the Greek Superleague, the Colombian Categoría Primera A, the USA’s Major League Soccer, the Austrian Football Bundesliga and Ligue 2;
  • Band 5 leagues are the Serbian SuperLiga, the Danish Superliga, the Polish Ekstraklasa, the Slovenian PrvaLiga, the Chilean Primera División, the Uruguayan Primera División and the Chinese Super League; and
  • All other leagues not explicitly identified as Band 1-5 above, are classified as Band 6.

781459e0-0126-4a36-a06e-251551228e8c.png.5159a10d7f79db3813109e5cdd976f70.png

POINTS FROM EUROPEAN/CONTINENTAL COMPS:

• Band 1 includes the UEFA Champions League and the Copa Libertadores. This is significant, given that the Copa Libertadores has been given the same value as the UEFA Champions League. Perhaps this is indicative of the value placed by The FA on South American players, in that they are viewed at par with those playing in the UEFA Champions League.
  • Band 2 includes the UEFA Europa League and the Copa Sudamerica.
  • Any other continental competition not classified as Band 1 or 2 above, is classified as Band 3 (so this includes continental competitions organised by the AFC, CONCACAF, CAF, OFC).

0095c964-7817-48ad-93e9-503cc9d62846.png.7544af3fc053d33f179336a4537033fd.png

df9ba02e-5af7-436e-a15c-db4ac92f2760.png.7905a21de4effbd1c3bcacdc20dd84ef.png

FINALLY, CLUBS LAST LEAGUE POSITION:

be77b5f4-fdd3-47d8-a0b1-a4ae33259691.png.925902eae93ef7c4be3a3b6521539db8.png

• Backroom
8 minutes ago, JoeH said:

You need 15 points to qualify for GBE, around 10-12 to go to the exceptions panel. Just for those who are suggesting certain European talents.

• Band 1 leagues are the English Premier League, the Bundesliga, La Liga, Serie A and Ligue 1
  • Band 2 leagues are the Portuguese Primeira Liga, Eredivisie, Belgian First Division A, the Turkish Super Lig and the English Championship;
  • Band 3 leagues are the Russian Premier League, Campeonato Brasileiro Série A, Primera División of Argentina, Liga MX and the Scottish Premiership;
  • Band 4 leagues are the Czech First League, Croatian First Football League, the Swiss Super League, La Liga 2, Bundesliga 2, Ukrainian Premier League, the Greek Superleague, the Colombian Categoría Primera A, the USA’s Major League Soccer, the Austrian Football Bundesliga and Ligue 2;
  • Band 5 leagues are the Serbian SuperLiga, the Danish Superliga, the Polish Ekstraklasa, the Slovenian PrvaLiga, the Chilean Primera División, the Uruguayan Primera División and the Chinese Super League; and
  • All other leagues not explicitly identified as Band 1-5 above, are classified as Band 6.

• Band 1 includes the UEFA Champions League and the Copa Libertadores. This is significant, given that the Copa Libertadores has been given the same value as the UEFA Champions League. Perhaps this is indicative of the value placed by The FA on South American players, in that they are viewed at par with those playing in the UEFA Champions League.
  • Any other continental competition not classified as Band 1 or 2 above, is classified as Band 3 (so this includes continental competitions organised by the AFC, CONCACAF, CAF, OFC).

7 minutes ago, JoeH said:

There's also a calculator on this website, enter a players name and it'll tell you if they qualify. https://analyticsfc.co.uk/gbe-calculator/

Genuinely fascinating, thank you Joe!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Thanks Joe, I knew you had all this info! So the Norweigan league would be Band 6? That appears to make it borderline impossible to qualify from there unless you play for one of the top teams in the league who make European competition, and you play regularly in it. Such players will be known throughout Europe and be very unlikely to be available for a few hundred K like we like to go for. Funnily enough, I wonder if Glimt might actually be our best bet for a bargain from there, since they'll be poorer resourced. Obviously Broughton knows the players there well. I gather some are linked with fairly big moves though.

Also, you'll know this, but unless it's changed there are also points available for being an international, even at youth level. I'm guessing you left that out to save space.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

So IF  he is not really involved in recruitment then there may be minimal risk of a power struggle. But as I said there is a risk (not a definite) that he will have players signed for him that he doesnt particularly rate or want, this is a risk with this type of structure in general not specific to Rovers. If you choose to dismiss this potential risk and assume that everything will work perfectly smoothly indefinitely then that is your choice. Considering how many mentions of a director of football you have given in the last few months it perhaps wouldnt be natural for you to acknowledge those risks.

I don't see much of risk tbh and nowhere as much as you do for example and tbh I think you are massive overstating it now. 

I'm sure JDT and Broughton would have discussed it in the interview and given JDT is mainly a coach that what he will do leaving it to DoF to sort out. I'm sure JDT will have input when we are down to final shortlist for the position we need a signing in. I don't see Broughton forcing players on him  

6 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I agree, that’ll be great business for the club shop putting that name on the replica shirts. How much is it per letter ?

its 10 pounds for a player name now. 

3 hours ago, blue_n_white99 said:

Chaddy is currently scouring all the Scandinavian leagues and will appear shortly with a mighty list of viking contenders, most of which most of us will have never heard of.

Ssdly not. Don't know the market there. 

So what are everyone's thoughts on what we should do this summer, all hypothetical of course, but my wish list would be:

Sell

Diaz - £15m (personally think he's at his highest market value and we should cash in)

Gallagher - £1m (sorry but he's just never really done it for us)

Buy / loan

1 x GK as under study to Kaminski

2 x central defenders (ideally one that can play RB)

1 x RB (assuming Ryan is off)

1 x CM (ball playing) 

2 x wingers 

2 x strikers 

I know that's a lot but I think it's what we need given those that have left / are going to leave 

8 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

So what are everyone's thoughts on what we should do this summer, all hypothetical of course, but my wish list would be:

Buy / loan

1 x CM (ball playing) 

2 x wingers 

2 x strikers 

I know that's a lot but I think it's what we need given those that have left / are going to leave 

I would sign 6 players in those position RB, centre back, 2 centre midfielders, left winger and striker. 

Then promote James Brown, Jake Garrett, Jack Vale and Ash Phillips into the first team squad

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Sell

Diaz - £15m (personally think he's at his highest market value and we should cash in)

Gallagher - £1m (sorry but he's just never really done it for us)

Buy / loan

1 x CM (ball playing) 

2 x wingers 

2 x strikers 

Gallagher is worth more to us than £1m. £2.5m okay… play him in the correct position and in the right matches and he’s a handful. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Gallagher is worth more to us than £1m. £2.5m okay… play him in the correct position and in the right matches and he’s a handful. 

if jdt can get him to play his size he certainly can be a handfull,the second half of the derby game at home he was giving their defence a monstering,it`s what you expected of a 6"4 centre forward,sadly we hav`nt seen it enough

• Like 2

Mowbray and his clan left us with Gally on a new contract so he's tied to the club, perhaps the only one who'll now never be worth more than his fee.

No point shoving him out the door for nothing it would cost a million to pay him up. He's still a handy player to have around imo he just isn't as we all know a winger or even wide forward.

It'll be interesting to see if JDT and his staff start using some of these players putting their best attributes first.  Or continue down the Mowbray route of treating everybody like a utility man and only sign back ups.

Edited by tomphil

Brereton will go, Butterworth and Magloire should also go too.

I think we need a back up to Kaminski and loan/sell Pears. We need a first choice right back assuming Nyambe is to go. We need 2 centre backs, 3 if Ayala is to go, at least one with good experience. We need left back competition. 2 or 3 central midfielders, a starting left winger and a starting striker. We need 8-10 new players.

Kaminski, Carter, Wharton, Pickering, Travis, Markanday, Hedges, Dack, Buckley, Gallagher, Dolan, maybe Edun although I wouldnt be sad to see him go and Ayala if he stays. I think thats it really.

Yeah I dont think we'd get anywhere near what we want for gally. I think he's a good option to have for this level. Get him playing in the right position with the right coach and tactics and who knows. I'm hoping for lots of new faces so will probably disappointed with whatever we get. Hope we can move away from this loan us your player to then return or go to another club. And focus more on markanday/Armstrong style signings. Pay small fees where the club selling will get a percentage of any profit we make. If it turns out a good move then brilliant if not then it's very small risk involved.

• Like 1

If JDT is looking at players from the Dutch league, I hope he will be looking at Marcus Holmgren Pedersen. He is our first choice rb at the national team, but currently out of favour at Fenenyoord.

Other norwegian players that he might look at:

Jørgen Strand Larsen, striker 22 years old. 14 goals from 32 matches for Groningen.

Håkon Evjen, midfielder 22 years old, plays at AZ Alkmaar. Broughton will know this guy from Bodø/Glimt.

Edited by Swanson
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, Swanson said:

If JDT is looking at players from the Dutch league, I hope he will be looking at Marcus Holmgren Pedersen. He is our first choice rb at the national team, but currently out of favour at Fenenyoord.

Fantastic prospect who can run all day. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Swanson said:

Other norwegian players that he might look at:

Jørgen Strand Larsen, striker 22 years old. 14 goals from 32 matches for Groningen.

Håkon Evjen, midfielder 22 years old, plays at AZ Alkmaar. Broughton will know this guy from Bodø/Glimt.

Not sure why they felt the need to show some of those clips repeatedly through the video though. I'm sure one of the moves got shown in 4 different occasions!

Looks like he could compensate for losing Nyambe's pace and stamina, with a bit more quality in the final third. Hard to gauge his defensive work though.

Only 21 I see, nice! Lots of time to improve. Any thoughts what price range they might expect?

Smashes the work permit points needed btw, with 28. Damn that calculator Joe posted is handy...I've bookmarked it. Also tells me he has played 62% of domestic minutes and 78% of European, so not THAT out of favour as he's getting more than any other RB they have. Unless he fell out of favour recently.

Edited by bluebruce

7 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Not sure why they felt the need to show some of those clips repeatedly through the video though. I'm sure one of the moves got shown in 4 different occasions!

Looks like he could compensate for losing Nyambe's pace and stamina, with a bit more quality in the final third. Hard to gauge his defensive work though.

Only 21 I see, nice! Lots of time to improve. Any thoughts what price range they might expect?

Smashes the work permit points needed btw, with 28. Damn that calculator Joe posted is handy...I've bookmarked it. Also tells me he has played 62% of domestic minutes and 78% of European, so not THAT out of favour as he's getting more than any other RB they have. Unless he fell out of favour recently.

Yeah I did not know what of those videos to post to be honest, there were a lot!

Price range, transfermarket says 4.5 mill euros.

He lost his place during the spring, only played 17 minutes of the semi-final and final of the Conference League.

1 minute ago, Swanson said:

Yeah I did not know what of those videos to post to be honest, there were a lot!

Price range, transfermarket says 4.5 mill euros.

He lost his place during the spring, only played 17 minutes of the semi-final and final of the Conference League.

Ouch, that's far beyond what we can afford for a RB. Doesn't sound like he has been out of favour long enough for a significant drop in value, but transfrmarket really just plucks those figures out their arse.

Some other Broughton - Bodø/Glimt connections they could look at:

Fredrik Bjørkan - leftback, Hertha Berlin, 23 years old. Not regular.

Patrick Berg - midfield, Lens, 24 years old. Not regular.

Philip Zinckernagel, midfield, Watford, 27 years old. Was on loan to Forest last season.

Erik Botheim, striker, no club, 22 years old. Last played for Krasnodar in Russia.

And this is a long shot for many reasons: Mathias Normann, midfield, Rostov, 26 years old. Was on loan to Norwich last season. Normann left Glimt the same year as Broughton started there.

Edited by Swanson
  • Like 3