BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

17 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Yeah it’s a random transfer generator account mate.

Chaddy’s fallen for it hook line and sinker, be very surprised if he hasn’t tweeted Nixon for confirmation yet 🤣

Add Carvelia (or whatever his name is) to the mix and chaddy is doing great this past couple of weeks 😆😆😆

50 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

100% last seasons sale of Armstrong with no replacement was criminal. There was nothing to suggest Brereton could replicate the goalscoring void Armstrong left.

All of that's true; the thing I was looking out for, when we sold him, was Armstrong's PL form. So far - big proviso, I know - he looks like yet another forward who we got the best out of.

• Like 4

• Backroom

I’d cash in on Brereton, lovely lad and was a joy to watch him succeed last season but I’m not convinced he will replicate that year on year

If we can get £20m and IF JDT gets that cash I think it’s time to sell 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Tom said:

I’d cash in on Brereton, lovely lad and was a joy to watch him succeed last season but I’m not convinced he will replicate that year on year

Am I correct in thinking that Forest are due a cut of any transfer fee?

56 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Interestingly, as one of the earliest and staunchest defenders of Brereton, I want him to go.

It's best for all concerned - we get a much needed injection of cash, we show that we can be a stepping stone for the next young player and quite frankly we don't have to worry about whether it was all a fluke. Obviously Ben gets his big money / opportunity.

He's not a £20m player.

I agree it is best for all concerned for him to go for the right money. However, I would argue he is a £20m player in todays market - but whoever buys him is taking a risk - if he kicks on as he did last season - he will be a snip at £20m however there is always the risk that last season was a bit of an anomaly and they will end up with an improved version of Brereton rather than the full Diaz

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tom said:

Yeh could very much be a Gestede, stunning season, and then nothing elsewhere 

• Like 1

Apart from the obvious - one thing that we have been absolutely appalling at over recent years is knowing how to be a trading club at this level. We've consistently managed to identify or develop players into proper assets, only then to squander their value by selling them for less than their value, or waiting until the last moment with their contracts running out. Compare that to Brentford and their success - night and day.

If Brereton won't sign a new contract without us smashing our wage structure to pieces, then we don't even have a decision to make. We need to let him go to the highest bidder. 

• Like 3

Just now, Admiral Nelsen said:

Apart from the obvious - one thing that we have been absolutely appalling at over recent years is knowing how to be a trading club at this level. We've consistently managed to identify or develop players into proper assets, only then to squander their value by selling them for less than their value, or waiting until the last moment with their contracts running out. Compare that to Brentford and their success - night and day.

If Brereton won't sign a new contract without us smashing our wage structure to pieces, then we don't even have a decision to make. We need to let him go to the highest bidder. 

Absolutely, we've become the masters in recent seasons of relying on the additional season clause, rather than have them tied down (like Phil Jones).

This area needs a rethink, especially with the calibre of players who have left for nothing this season, which has spunked away potentially millions in transfer  revenue

• Like 1

I never thought Armstrong would succeed in the PL. I hated his 'shoot on sight' mentality, averaging nearly 5 shots a match, double every single player in the league bar Toney and Pukki (who both got promoted, whereas we finished 15th)

I feel Brereton has more about him as an all round footballer, and more likely to succeed at a mid-table / bottom half team. 

I wouldn't sell though as like Armstrong, we won't get the money to spend.

Edited by superniko
  • Like 2

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/antonio-colak-entices-rangers-transfer-27295001.amp

Don't be surprised to see us sign this lad. Rangers and ourselves seem to be shopping in similar markets these days too. It mentions other clubs being interested, I would imagine one of them being Rovers. This would be one of the least surprising signings to see JDT make. 

Edited by Neal

19 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

I'd Hope not given the alledged £7 million we paid, be very poor on our part, as his fee as a rookie was very high for us to pay at the time

26 minutes ago, Gordon Ottershaw said:

Am I correct in thinking that Forest are due a cut of any transfer fee?

I’m pretty sure I read 15-20% of any profit on the deal although I might be wrong, I think there is a sell on regardless which as Glen says is mental considering we paid a hefty fee for him. 

• Like 2

“Nottingham Forest will be due a slice of any potential sale, though not close to the 40 per cent of profit that Newcastle United took for Armstrong’s sale, a deal which could rise to £20m.” 

I’ve just found that from a Lancashire telegraph article from February.

Just now, Butty said:

“Nottingham Forest will be due a slice of any potential sale, though not close to the 40 per cent of profit that Newcastle United took for Armstrong’s sale, a deal which could rise to £20m.” 

I’ve just found that from a Lancashire telegraph article from February.

That's shocking if true, 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

That's shocking if true, 

I agree, as we paid over the odds in the first place. All comes down to how thick a slice of the profit we have been daft enough to sign up to - 10% is usually more standard than Armstrongs 40%

Edited by DavidMailsTightPerm
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Marcus Liedberguis 

Never heard of him, but he does seem to work for one of the most tabloid like sites in Sweden, FotbollDirekt.

I have not seen that rumour anywhere else in Sweden, so I don't think there is much to it, more than a lazy link to his former club,

Ahmehodzic is a bit of a strange one imo, a few years ago he was valued around 8-10 million EUR. There are lots of rumours around him, seemed certain for Lazio if I remember correctly. In the end he leaves on loan to Bordeaux, with a clause of around EUR 4 million. I'm not sure what happened to be honest.  Would probably be a great signing for us if he would consider this leauge, but I personally think he's got his mind set on bigger leauges, maybe PL, FR or Serie A. 

4 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

I think it's like 20% sell on of any profit. I'm trying to remember back to when we signed him. Meaning if we got 20 that's 13 profit, so they would get 2.6 if my maths is right.

Would still mean that we got over twice our money back from the initial outlay I suppose (assuming the £7 million figure is broadly right) but it's a large enough slice to be annoying. 

• Like 3