BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

4 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Barcelona would be paying nearly all of his wages to facilitate that.

Cannot see that happening at all with their money troubles….

A permanent deal. Barcelona might be willing to let him leave on a free. He hardly plays for them

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I envisage the usual transfer window to which we have become accustomed. We will have interest in players but will be slow out of the blocks and be usurped by other clubs. A lot of this will be because of the dysfunctional chain of command. We will wait until deadline day, panic and make a plethora of random signings more in an effort to boost the numbers than to improve the quality. 

And, perhaps more importantly we will have played seven games by then which will more than likely shape our season.

Somehow i honestly cant see that happening

1. GB reportedly has a direct contact to the chokers (maybe their advisers)

2. I dont think GB & JDT will tolerate it

Theres a new guard coming in, and new changes. I know its difficult but lets be optimistic for once EH!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pomster said:

Somehow i honestly cant see that happening

1. GB reportedly has a direct contact to the chokers (maybe their advisers)

2. I dont think GB & JDT will tolerate it

Theres a new guard coming in, and new changes. I know its difficult but lets be optimistic for once EH!

Have you seen anything that has changed to allow anybody at Ewood to approve a spend over £5k EH? A big stumbling block has always been how slow the process is to get anything approved due to the silly chain of command and almost mistrust. I am optimistic about the new football set up the the non football side frustratingly appears to remain the same.

8 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

The huge worry is that if we don't even have the funds to be offering acceptable wages to Championship-quality defenders then who realistically are we going to get?

Exactly right. When it became apparent that those three were unwilling to resign or that the Club felt it couldn't meet their demands then they should have been put on the transfer list and we should have strengthened the squad.

As it is we are diluting it and getting nothing back.

57 minutes ago, Tricky said:

just now from you, source?

Very loose link tbh, a guy asking Rich Sharpe if he’d heard anything on him coming to Rovers. Rich replied saying wouldn’t be surprised at the link as one of the new recruitment guys has just arrived from Oxford. Lots of clubs likely to be interested though, real good player

Just wondered if there was any more in it than that

Edited by Tugayisgod

It's funny how after a couple weeks of optimism and fanfare, the stark reality of our rather dire playing personnel situation kicks in (/not funny at all).

We need some bodies in ASAP, and some quality ones at that.  All this talk of promoting half the u23s is absolute lunacy.

• Like 9

32 minutes ago, 47er said:

You think that will remain the case?

He’ll obviously sign somewhere, however I believe it’ll be someone who finished lower than us last season. Maybe an injury would get him a prem move as third choice. Maybe he’s ok with that too.

• Moderation Lead

Hi All, I know we have strong opinions on our views, but we need to be aiming better than ‘you’re talking rubbish’ (end) and ‘if you don’t agree with my view, you need to give your head a wobble’.

There’s a section of the forum you can talk to people like that in, but it isn’t this one 👍.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Have you seen anything that has changed to allow anybody at Ewood to approve a spend over £5k EH? A big stumbling block has always been how slow the process is to get anything approved due to the silly chain of command and almost mistrust. I am optimistic about the new football set up the the non football side frustratingly appears to remain the same.

Well, i’m not privy to any goings on or info within the realm of brfc. Perhaps you can enlighten everyone here?

As for the silly chain of command, did Broughton in fact say he has direct communication to the chokers!

Time will tell, time will tell

EH!

Would be a good time for a follow up Broughton interview now.

He's got his feet under the table so what are the priorities, obviously without giving too much away.

The biggest loss by far up to now is Van Hecke, you'd have thought its going to need to be a loan to replace him with anyone remotely close to his levels of ability though.  It'll be interesting to see if he plays much for Brighton pre season.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, JHRover said:

So whatever Broughton said or offered clearly not enough to persuade Nyambe to hang around. 

Rumours are a move to Stoke so we can't even use the comfort blanket of him going to a higher division club. 

For all the hot air rivals are paying more and are more attractive places to be. 

As for Waggott he should resign. There has to be a consequence to the travesty of losing 3 key players for £0 like this.

I agree - but I am sure he would point to the owners refusal to sell Rothwell at Christmas as being one of the reasons we didn't get any money. However, personally I feel we shouldn't have been in that position in the first place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He doesn't have to - they clearly want to keep the U23 (or U21?) team strong.

If he's a decent contributor at that level then there's no harm in extending his contract to provide depth / options at that level. He won't be on good money.

But my answer was to the post asking if Saadi was good enough to step up to the first team.