BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 hour ago, Mellor Rover said:

Imagine this lot’s reaction had we signed someone with no championship experience from a league one side!

Oh yeah someone who’s just scored 20 goals and got a bag full of assists and had half the championship wanting to sign him, I’m sure the reaction would have been awful on here.… Give over.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, goozburger said:

That's right. Within a matter of a year or two, we went from Santa Cruz, Yakubu, etc., to a third tier striker who had found his feet at third tier Huddersfield. It set the tone for what was one of very few shining lights over a very dark decade.

He scored a bag full, exactly what a striker is brought into to do as a big money signing for a club seemingly wanting/needing promotion.

Not down to him that we never did so and the rest of the club was a shambles.

28 minutes ago, goozburger said:

That's right. Within a matter of a year or two, we went from Santa Cruz, Yakubu, etc., to a third tier striker who had found his feet at third tier Huddersfield. It set the tone for what was one of very few shining lights over a very dark decade.

He'd brought his scoring up a division with Hudds hadn't he ?

Either way we were an ailing second tier side supposedly looking for promotion so he was a good signing if a little overpriced at the time. The kind of signing that would have got us back up if we were managed and recruiting like a well run club.

Also we ended up in the 3rd tier after we sold him.

4 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Twine confirmed for the dingles, would have liked to see him here

It's a bit frustrating that Burnley seem to be doing good business quickly - but our lot have only been here 5 minutes, so unfortunately we have to be patient. 

42 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

It's a bit frustrating that Burnley seem to be doing good business quickly - but our lot have only been here 5 minutes, so unfortunately we have to be patient. 

They really do don't they, I know most of us wish for their demise but I honestly think they will be a force in this league.  Yes yes they have lost some prem quality players but I think they still have plenty of quality and if properly managed they will be there or thereabouts in the promotion shake up.

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Not just Burnley .. West Brom and Middlesbrough have done some good business early on too 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cherry Blue said:

Taking 28 man squad makes sense. New start, show JDT what they can do. Also good to see BBD has joined even though he only got back from international duty on Thursday - commitment - but will he still be with us by time we play Accy??

Its depends whether these interested clubs actually make bids for him. I expect him to go tbh. 

on the squad number, Its appears that JDT and his staff want to have a good luck at younger players to see which ones will be part of the first team squad this season

6 hours ago, Inferi said:

Being from Sweden and having seen Ahmedhodzic play for Malmö FF on several occasions (in Allsvenskan as well as european club competitions), it would be surprising to see him move to the Championship. He is a good defender. Aggressive, quite fast and not clumsy/scared with the ball at his feet. In my opinion he would definitely be an upgrade compared to Lenihan.  For a long time there were rumors about him moving to Atalanta for much more than £3m. Would be surprised if we could get him, but if it's somehow possible I'm convinced it would be a good signing.

From what I have watched from clips he seems that type of player. Any other clubs interested in him? 

5 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I've never been able to tell whether you're a complete fantasist or incredibly well connected.

Randomly running into our new Director of Football on a Sunday morning at Manchester airport has me leaning to the former. 

Paul has explained he is going on holiday and met Broughton at the Airport by chance. 

4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

How long are we in Portugal for?

Guessing there won't be much in the way of transfer activity if Broughton is out there as well?

until Sunday. 

I'm sure Rovers and Broughton are busy talking to clubs and agents about players

31 minutes ago, david brent said:

Twitter rumour circulating that Brighton have made Van Hecke available. Yes I know it’s probably a load of codswallop! 

It sure is because the account that originally tweeted it has 2 followers. 

• Like 5

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Not that it makes any difference but looks like Edun has taken number 7 and Ayala has moved from 5 to 4. Leaves 2, 5, 6 and 8 free in the first 11.

20220626_203202.jpg

Can anyone name a worse number 7 than Edun in Rovers history?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Is he ok in the middle of the park? A bit of recency bias having travelled so far for him to let everyone down with utter stupidity against Peterborough but I dont recall him ever really having a good game in the middle. 

id`e call it mowbray stupidity for putting him in a vital game when he had`nt played since january,he was well of the pace

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

id`e call it mowbray stupidity for putting him in a vital game when he had`nt played since january,he was well of the pace

Rothwell pulled out ill very late and we had very few alternatives but its beside the point to just pin everything on Mowbray. I was discussing the quality of the player and whether he is a good central midfielder.