BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

• Backroom

Interesting link for Brereton, it feels an international move is most likely should he leave.

I have no clue about these guys after him though, cash rich?

14 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

I'd say 6/7 new players is about right. We've lost 5 players who were first team regularly last year - the 2 brighton loanees and the 3 who have left on a bosman - who all need replacing. Then there's Diaz who will leave too. Did we ever replace Arma? That makes 7 new players needed. 

Dack, Markanday, JRC and Hedges (not sure the latter two are that good though!) barely featured so they're like new signings. The squad players who left, a la Johnson and Davenport, should be replaced by the academy players if they are up to it. Can they really offer any less than what players like Johnson, Davenport, Zeefuik, Giles etc offered last season? 

We did have the likes of Giles also.

Though I think at least 3 of the U23s will be good squad players this year. 4 of 5 good signings would do the trick. A commanding CB and Striker first and foremost. 

36 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Personally id love him to sign a new bumper contract (with lots of extras ie. big bonuses and incentives) and let him have a release clause if a BIG club came in with a BIG BIG offer. id hate to see the lad go to some club just to warm their bench like Armstrong and become another of footballs forgotten men 

That's the way it should be done.

However it's nailed on if it does happen it'll be the 11th hour or after and no money will be available.  Got Rhodes transfer saga written all over it this one.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, pomster said:

So whose this Salernitana club in Italy, that allegedly in advanced talks with BBD?

They look a pretty shite club with nothing of any real note in their entire history! Frank Ribery is their current captain (at 39 years old)

They do have 1 nice little rovers link though! Lars Bohinens Son plays for them on loan, he appears to be a decent young midfielder as well, sounds pretty identical in playing style to his dad according to wikis description

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

5 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

We have a lot of posters who expect these academy lads to come in and never make a mistake 

5 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

It’s not an angry group, more like one or two 

2nd post more accurate than the first there Dreams! Personally don't remember anyone attacking a youth policy per se. A lot of posters wanted Travis in long before Mowbray did as I recall and many have called for Vale to be given his chance.

However we do need the correct mix of youth and experience--its a long season!

Edited by 47er
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Tom said:

Interesting link for Brereton, it feels an international move is most likely should he leave.

I don’t believe they’re a cash rich club, but who knows. 15-20 million seems a big amount for them to spend, but after staying in Serie A last season maybe they are going to have more of a go now. Strange one, I think BBD will surely have more appealing destinations on the table than a move there. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tom said:

The more that are interested the higher the fee. Although id like to see home sign on here, I can’t imagine that will happen. 

I think he may well stay. It's unlikely to be the type of summer where middling clubs are likely to feel all that cash rich and I'm sure that there will be plenty who are quite happy to reserve judgement and see if he can keep his form going into next season - with the possibility of a knock-down price in January or a free transfer next summer. 

Brereton himself may also be in no rush as he may feel being a free agent puts him in the most powerful position and in line for the biggest payday. 

49 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I think he may well stay. It's unlikely to be the type of summer where middling clubs are likely to feel all that cash rich and I'm sure that there will be plenty who are quite happy to reserve judgement and see if he can keep his form going into next season - with the possibility of a knock-down price in January or a free transfer next summer. 

Brereton himself may also be in no rush as he may feel being a free agent puts him in the most powerful position and in line for the biggest payday. 

There is no way he stays, we will be cashing in as we have just had our trousers yanked, losing three of our better players for free.

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 1

Salertinata? Christ unless we're selling him for peanuts he ain't going there. Scraped up by a point last season and in the thick of another relegation battle next season I'd imagine. Unless they've had some big cash windfall?

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Salertinata? Christ unless we're selling him for peanuts he ain't going there. Scraped up by a point last season and in the thick of another relegation battle next season I'd imagine. Unless they've had some big cash windfall?

Didn't have a clue where they were based, but having googled it I think the lifestyle will be appealing.

Yeah Italian football overall, bar the top six clubs maybe is on its arse. Surely he could get a better move somewhere either in England or Spain. As long as they meet our asking price though it doesn't really matter. If he's goes on the cheap (one year of his contract remaining) and does well. They'll probably double their money.

• Like 1

For gods sake... Give Brereton a new better deal. He wont be easy to replace and the cash and funds are there... He would not cost us any fee.

Rothwell, Nyambe and Lenihan has left. Thats three key players.... If I was JDT I would do my best to keep Brereton. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, neophox said:

For gods sake... Give Brereton a new better deal. He wont be easy to replace and the cash and funds are there... He would not cost us any fee.

Rothwell, Nyambe and Lenihan has left. Thats three key players.... If I was JDT I would do my best to keep Brereton. 

You really think Brereton will want to sign a new deal here with the clubs rumoured to be looking at him? He’ll get paid far more at those clubs than what we can offer him. And if a Lyon or a Sevilla come in, or any English Prem team, it’s a no brainer for him. No chance is he signing a new deal here you can forget that Neo.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, neophox said:

Because that’s how simple it is? He’s been linked with clubs in the champions league, what on earth can we offer him to compete with that? 

5 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Because that’s how simple it is? He’s been linked with clubs in the champions league, what on earth can we offer him to compete with that? 

Magic beans, mate, offer him magic beans, works everytime 👍

• Like 1

We need to either get him signed up to a new contract or sold. Easy as that. No messing about like we did with the other three. Put a good offer on the table on the basis of not being able to afford for him to walk away on a free.

If he doesn’t sign it we have to sell this summer.

• Like 8

BBD seems an ambitious type who might put his football before the money.

No harm in him signing a new deal here if they allow a release clause, there's a risk there though obviously. Look at what happened to Dack and also if Ben continued to improve a 15 mill release isn't really enough.  Although that's just a starting point if there were a few clubs in for him.

Get a new deal in front of him it's the smart thing to do now it could also force those interested to dive in with big money before he signs it.  

Trouble is here now these balloons have set a president whereby all agents will be advising to just sit on the contract then pick your club and pocket your signing on fee....

Waggot OUT !

Let’s see - BBD has a poor start to the season doesn’t score as freely and then suffers a bad injury in the run up to Christmas - no top clubs will go anywhere near him - for me offering him a deal with certain release/performance clauses seems an option and protects both player and club

• Like 2