BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

14 minutes ago, Blandy said:

A  few cryptic tweets from Nixon but it looks like Rovers may be in the race for Anel Ahmedhodzic. 

I’d take that with a pinch of salt as its coming from nixon, be chuffed if it does come off though

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Rovers keeping tabs on  Veljko Birmančević  …. 

The attacking left sided Right  footed midfielder who is dubbed the Serbian Foden is high on JDT wanted list …..

Serbian Foden

Rovers Are also  tracking Oxfords Cameron Brannagan …..Scored 14 from Midfield….

Oxfords First team Scout who just joined Rovers last week has pushed him to GB …….. 

59C35DFB-117D-4057-B379-C3EAE319F257.jpeg

Blackpool bidded for Brannagan on deadline day with a £500k bid. It was rejected as it was deemed ‘derisory’…I can’t see Rovers offering any higher?

32 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Rovers keeping tabs on  Veljko Birmančević  …. 

The attacking left sided Right  footed midfielder who is dubbed the Serbian Foden is high on JDT wanted list …..

Serbian Foden

Rovers Are also  tracking Oxfords Cameron Brannagan …..Scored 14 from Midfield….

Oxfords First team Scout who just joined Rovers last week has pushed him to GB …….. 

59C35DFB-117D-4057-B379-C3EAE319F257.jpeg

Is this you making stuff up as per the post you quoted, or is this stuff you've actually heard?

• Backroom

I get the feeling that the 'plan' is the same plan that Mowbray was given, but done (he says hopefully) with a better calibre manager and recruitment team.

I'm not worried about relying on the academy just yet, but it does REALLY annoy me more about the mismanagement of Lenihan and Nyambe.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I get the feeling that the 'plan' is the same plan that Mowbray was given, but done (he says hopefully) with a better calibre manager and recruitment team.

I'm not worried about relying on the academy just yet, but it does REALLY annoy me more about the mismanagement of Lenihan and Nyambe.

It's extremely contradictory from the club to concentrate on youth and the academy and in the same breath allow Lenihan and Nyambe to leave on a free

• Like 8

3 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I'd get used to it, whenever a club is interested that isn't lower end Championship or below, we are probably going to lose.

Wait a minute first rovers are a far bigger club than Sheffield utd second rovers are a top 10 club

• Like 1

Whilst we haven't signed anybody yet, I can't help but sense a cheapskate feel about all of this again, with the focus being put on the Academy lads.

Our activity in the transfer market will tell us more, obviously, but at present the sounds are we won't be spending much.

The hope is that a fresh approach to recruitment from JDT and Broughton might prove successful, as they will look for players to suit a particular style, and the links to Cantwell and Anel are promising. They need converting into something concrete, however.

As for the billionaire owners who want promotion...yeah, right.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Whilst we haven't signed anybody yet, I can't help but sense a cheapskate feel about all of this again, with the focus being put on the Academy lads.

Our activity in the transfer market will tell us more, obviously, but at present the sounds are we won't be spending much.

The hope is that a fresh approach to recruitment from JDT and Broughton might prove successful, as they will look for players to suit a particular style, and the links to Cantwell and Anel are promising. They need converting into something concrete, however.

As for the billionaire owners who want promotion...yeah, right.

When have they ever given anyone the feeling that they really want promotion ? Pound World or Pound Stretcher, take your pick.

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

When have they ever given anyone the feeling that they really want promotion ? Pound World or Pound Stretcher, take your pick.

They haven't, but there have been a couple of instances where it has been said they want promotion.

In 2013, around the time of the Berg debacle, Barry was quoted as saying "I want promotion". Then in 2018, Mowbray told us they wanted to fund a double promotion.

Now Broughton has said something along the lines of 'the aim is to become a sustainable Premier League club'. The owners have been 'wanting' promotion, apparently, since 2013, but their actions say something else.

6 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

They haven't, but there have been a couple of instances where it has been said they want promotion.

In 2013, around the time of the Berg debacle, Barry was quoted as saying "I want promotion". Then in 2018, Mowbray told us they wanted to fund a double promotion.

Now Broughton has said something along the lines of 'the aim is to become a sustainable Premier League club'. The owners have been 'wanting' promotion, apparently, since 2013, but their actions say something else.

Well they did offer £10m to the players last season for promotion

usual case of left doesn’t know what rights doing

Hopefully things will change now

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tricky said:

yeah but isnt silence better than gossip/speculation rubbish...

honestly, with the way things have gone already, we'll probably have 5 signings go through at the very death of deadline day

I quite like the speculation and gossip. It's quite easy to process and disseminate depending on who the poster is although things are worryingly quiet at the moment.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

They wrote off around 10 million quid in transfer fees to keep three core players for the run in.

It didn’t happen but you can imagine the comments on this board if we had sold Nyambe, Lenihan and Rothwell.

Money grabbers, no interest in the Premier League. short termism.

The manager and the players didn't match the owners’ ambition in spite of being offered substantial promotion bonuses. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Butty said:

If this is the case then I’m gutted, I’ve really liked what I’ve seen from JDT so far and it would be nice for him to have the best possible chance to succeed here, not backing him at all in the transfer market would be a terrible start. 

I'm sure JDT will be backed by the club but if you look at the words from him this is project and this week was about assessing the squad and seeing which young players are good enough for the first team squad. Plus we seen the LT article saying we only 6 signings which I agree we need.  

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

You recommended a signing who seemingly you have never seen play, its the same situation.

Its very different situation and you know it is.

I've seen plenty of Jack Vale to have an opinion that he is ready to be part of this season first team squad. If you disagree fine but I won't be changing my opinion so we have to agree to disagree on this point. 

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

If a key target goes to another side in the same league who themselves haven't paid a fee for a while then it would probably suggest that the phrase "healthy budget" is perhaps more for show and it is more of the same.

not at all cos we have no idea what offer was made in terms of weekly wage, signing on fee and length of contract plus bonuses or even if he is our first choice or whether we found someone who is better player but has just become available to move. 

4 hours ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Can't remember the last time it was this quiet on the transfer front... making me very nervous 

I don't know why people thought we would be busy this week given JDT and GB comments about they assess the squad and their young players they took away on pre training season training camp. I think we sign 1 or 2 within the couple of weeks which will calm people down. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

They wrote off around 10 million quid in transfer fees to keep three core players for the run in.

It didn’t happen but you can imagine the comments on this board if we had sold Nyambe, Lenihan and Rothwell.

Money grabbers, no interest in the Premier League. short termism.

The manager and the players didn't match the owners’ ambition in spite of being offered substantial promotion bonuses. 

There was nothing to suggest that anyone bid for the first two, and the intention would have been to reinvest the Rothwell money, something not allowed when Armstrong sold, so financially it would have made no difference, they didn't write off any money. 

It should be left to the manager and relevant associated staff to make such decisions.