BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

3 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Seem quite a few on twitter suggesting that the plane was to get this Bosnian lad to Manchester Airport to get him on the blades plane to Portugal in time.

Think we can rule this one out.

He would need a medical, an unveiling, plenty of paperwork… they go to Portugal tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, J*B said:

We don’t have the players to play like this. And to be fair, not all 10 outfield players press in the Liverpool side… and they’re the best in the world at it. 

i think it`s more getting the players fitter and to play at a higher tempo than we did,getting the ball back quicker is very important,it`s been one of our weaknesses,not sure jdt can do it without some new players though🤔

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

As Mowbray never built teams to last (loanees and contracts running out), JDT basically has a clean slate - he needs to bring in 5/6 players regardless. They can all be guys that fit his high press system. 

A couple of injuries away from a relegation battle if that’s the plan. It would take 4 windows (2 seasons) to assemble a team capable of that. 

27 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

It’s more the cb’s as they’re left a little isolated (think Liverpool) - The fullbacks push on and leave the CB’s 1 on 1 so Ayala has been like a fish out of water as he insists on the fullbacks tucking in…

I said it last week but Dack is also struggling…hope he pulls it round 👍🏼

Will they have been able to or indeed have tried to do so much 11 v 11 work so soon into pre season to the point where individuals are appearing like a "fish out of water?"

Who has said this?

I also think on Dack that the sentence "hes not going to press" seems a little conclusive. It implies that he is unwilling, physically the question is how much he has lost compared to before his injuries as although the tactics were totally different, he could press even if it isnt his number 1 strength. I instantly think of a goal he scored at home to Wigan right at the end in which he chased a dodgy backpass down. Youd also have to weigh up whether youd prefer a Buckley/Dolan who can perhaps press better but will likely score a third of the goals that Dack does.

Edited by roversfan99

7 minutes ago, J*B said:

A couple of injuries away from a relegation battle if that’s the plan. It would take 4 windows (2 seasons) to assemble a team capable of that. 

We don't currently have a team - I don't think people realise how threadbare this squad is.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

We don't currently have a team - I don't think people realise how threadbare this squad is.

I honestly can’t put together a team…

Kaminski 

Carter Ayala Wharton 

?? Buckley Travis Pickering

Brereton Gallagher Markanday

I don’t think we have a right back or right wing back - Brown and JRC haven’t shown me any capabilities. The above team has ZERO central defensive back up. No backup for LWB. Central Midfield - no adequate back up. Not convinced by the number 9. 

Just now, J*B said:

Kaminski 

Carter Ayala Wharton 

I don’t think we have a right back or right wing back - Brown and JRC haven’t shown me any capabilities. The above team has ZERO central defensive back up. No backup for LWB. Central Midfield - no adequate back up. Not convinced by the number 9. 

We shouldnt play a back 3 nor can we play without Dack.

Kaminski

Carter Ayala Wharton Pickering

Buckley Travis

Hedges Dack Markanday

Brereton

As it stands.

• Like 3

Just now, roversfan99 said:

We shouldnt play a back 3 nor can we play without Dack.

Kaminski

Carter Ayala Wharton Pickering

Buckley Travis

Hedges Dack Markanday

Brereton

As it stands.

Christ I’ve got Sunday brain - poor Dacky! I’ll change…

Kaminski

??? Ayala Wharton Pickering 

Buckley Travis

??? Dack Markanday 

Brereton 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, J*B said:

Kaminski 

Carter Ayala Wharton 

?? - Hedges

9 minutes ago, J*B said:

Christ I’ve got Sunday brain - poor Dacky! I’ll change…

Kaminski

??? Ayala Wharton Pickering 

Buckley Travis

??? Dack Markanday 

Brereton 

Kaminski

?? Anel Wharton Pickering

Trav Buckley

Markanday Dack BBD 

Gally

Leaves - Brown, JRC, Carter, Dolan, Hedges & Vale.

Paper thin but I think we could get a team out. Sign a few gems and we’re rocking.

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Mercer said:

If fans think Magloire might be the answer then I think we really are scraping the barrel.  The lad is 24 this year and, IMO, he would struggle to even hold down a place at League 2 level as evidenced by just 30 loan appearances at bottom tier clubs in 3 years.  IMO, no ifs and buts, he just hasn't got it and you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Think we need to get Ayala off our hands and gleefully rub our hands - think he's only marginally fitter and marginally less of a a liability than Vince Grella ever was!

Think we have big problems defensively - no right back, Carter untried at Championship level, Wharton to prove he's good enough without an experienced head next to him and a painfully slow Pickering. 

Not sure we'll get the Bosnian lad despite the JDT connection.  If we are in competition with other clubs, players and agents will look where the best prospect of PL football is and where the money is.  Sadly, despite Mowbray's 5 year journey, JDT has essentially a rebuild job and I think it will be a herculean task to even get us pushing top six. 

Agree with this.

There seems to be an assumption that Carter is up to scratch based off a decen tloan spell with Pompey and then subsequently wanting to sign him. Not sure he was all that in his appearances for us. Obviously the loan spell could have had an impact on that. 

I'd definitely want a more experienced CB in alongside Wharton to be honest. If we end up playing Brown or signing another young RB we'll end up with a very inexperienced back line.

1 hour ago, Tricky said:

JDT could be a horrendous man manager for all we know... 

what? Winning team under him win the league twice in the bounce so something must be good about his ability - poor managers dont have winning teams

33 minutes ago, RoverRB said:

surely if the bosnian lad was going to portugal with sheffield united he would've met them at Doncaster sheffield airport because they're leaving tonight? flying into manchester doesn't make much sense.

Or just flown straight to Portugal.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Don't worry about it mate. There's plenty on here who think we have the class of '96 ready to be unleashed this season.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

I’ve no idea if this Bosnian lad is any good, nor had I ever heard of him but suddenly I’m very invested in his travel plans 

Seen in Whalley Wine Bar just over an hour ago!

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 3