BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

“I think it’s quite clear, you guys know where we need to buy players, it’s quite simple isn’t it.

“If you bring players in and you want to take a special direction those players should be able to help the team to be better than the players we have so we can put the team in a positive direction which is important.

“I know what I want and the club have to provide that of course and they are working extremely hard to provide that.”

Reads eerily familiar to what the previous manager used to do at times, I.e send reminders to the owners via the press.

The good thing is, it seems like he isn't going to take any crap and will ask questions if they don't deliver what he wants.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Are you and Gregg working together to strengthen the team where you can?

"Yes, it's not like normal in England. I know what I want and the club has to provide it and they are working very hard."

It's 'not like normal in England' does suggest he is surprised or frustrated at it being harder to get deals over the line. Seems like for now he thinks that's an English football problem more than it's a 'our club moves at a snail's pace under Venkys' problem.

“Stop being stingy”

2 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

He's given.

From the quotes he doesn't appear happy with the club. In my opinion.

He says that the club is working very hard to bring in players he wants. Have you watched the link to the BBC Lancashire interview where JDT discusses Transfers?

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Are you and Gregg working together to strengthen the team where you can?

"Yes, it's not like normal in England. I know what I want and the club has to provide it and they are working very hard."

It's 'not like normal in England' does suggest he is surprised or frustrated at it being harder to get deals over the line. Seems like for now he thinks that's an English football problem more than it's a 'our club moves at a snail's pace under Venkys' problem.

I think JDT meant the Director of Football/head coach structure within Football in England. Plus the new work permit rules within the UK. You can still sign players from Europe, etc but not everyone will qualify for the Work Permit

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

So the big update on transfers gives not a shred of transfer information or comfort.

You can all see where we need better players. I want better players. Hopefully the club lets me have some.

Here we go again.

You don't really think JDT is going to leak publicly that sort of information do you? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

What's the setup with pne? Why do they keep  letting talented young players just leave? (to join us!) 

they don`t have a youth set up,hence young players get released because they can`t get game time in their reserve side,lowe has had a massive clear out and released 15/16 players now he`s struggling to replace them all🤣,might be a nice bet for pne to do down if they don`t fill out their squad

8 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

they don`t have a youth set up,hence young players get released because they can`t get game time in their reserve side,lowe has had a massive clear out and released 15/16 players now he`s struggling to replace them all🤣,might be a nice bet for pne to do down if they don`t fill out their squad

Strange! How are the likes of Dolan deemed not even good enough for their reserves! 

Don't want them to go down though, prefer to see all our nieghbours doing well (even the extra digited dinglets) just not as well as us or definitely not when they're playing us😅😅

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Irrespective of the fans - the club really couldn't win with Rothwell. The multi million pound offers were only coming from one club. £3m at Christmas or potential promotion. I think we can argue all day about the club letting the contracts run down - but mid pandemic who was buying players for us to recoup good fees for them ?

I think we could have been more proactive - but appreciate it isn't straightforward.

Was then, and remains, mental to turn down £3m for Rothwell. Will do nothing in the PL

• Like 2

• Backroom
24 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Let's not pretend that if we had sold him the club wouldn't have had dogs abuse for selling to a rival during a promotion push. The sale would just have taken the blame rather than Mowbray.

Idk, I think after the way Rothwell behaved on deadline day most people would have been happy to see the back of him. Can remember a fair few saying as much at the time. 

With that said, you're right that it would have been considered a factor in our post-Christmas demise, when in reality it would have been nothing to do with it.

• Like 8

Cant remember the team but was reading about some club that has already made 6 signings so far.

We really are in trouble.  At least 6 signings we need!  2 centre backs, a right back, a midfielder and 2 strikers.  There's no way we will be able to bring in anyone of quality in all those positions now. 

Van Hecke and Lenihan and BBD will be major major losses.   I really think this could be a relegation fight.

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Had the manager been allowed to sell and reinvest, had chose to and we fell out of promotion contention as we did then Mowbray definitely would have been blamed for it, and that blame would have been totally justified.

True. We've been through the Rothwell saga already in this thread though. 

Broughton is really being put to the test here. It is he who has to deliver in accordance with the framework put in place by Waggott and ultimately Venky's. I hope he's a quick learner, because he has no prior experience in a position this high up in a club's hierarchy. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Bennett? And before him Mulgrew.

Isnt it funny how you can forget these things relatively recently 🫣… must be my age , I can remember all sort stuff from 1990’s rovers teams but anything in the last 10 years And I’m bolloxed 😂😂

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, AJW said:

Isnt it funny how you can forget these things relatively recently 🫣… must be my age , I can remember all sort stuff from 1990’s rovers teams but anything in the last 10 years And I’m bolloxed 😂😂

Yep it's called selective memory. I wish I could forget everything I have seen happen to Rovers since Venkys appeared!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Let's not pretend that if we had sold him the club wouldn't have had dogs abuse for selling to a rival during a promotion push. The sale would just have taken the blame rather than Mowbray.

Once again… so?

The club has to does what it thinks is best for Blackburn Rovers. If that is selling a player, so be it, if it’s keeping him to maintain a push, fine. 

Upset fans should not come into it.