BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

24 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Just try a get an ex-footballer to pay at the gate to attend a match. Just once. If it’s not a complimentary they don’t want to know. There is no way 90% of them will pay. That’s how much they love football.

Just look at how miserable Murphy was to turn out for us - or indeed commentate on football in general. 

1 hour ago, unleaded said:

JDT is STILL hoping to sign the bearded Wonder from Malmo …. Malmo trying to offer him a new contract but Berget is adamant for one last dance … 

Scored Yesterday and had an Assist ….See if the money men will allow the manager a 31 going on 32 to take on board … 
1CC3F68E-59B7-444A-B5BC-C3D804D7EFFF.jpeg.8d83c6837f727130e686397c241eaa57.jpegHe can player anywhere at the top and also as a Right wing back ….

Bearded Wonder !

Out of contract in December this year so shouldn’t demand a big fee. 

Is it an exciting signing? Probably not but I’d rather give JDT whatever he wants to let him give it a fair crack.

Few experienced heads could be what we need.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy said:

Ben Davies would be an interesting one.

Probably the biggest stretch ever in terms of a rumour, but we were driving by Brockhall yesterday morning (around 10.30am) and a flash car was behind us - couldn't tell you what make, I'm not a car person.

But I got my kids to turn and look for the reg plate, to see if I could work it out - it ended in 'BD'.

And, for some odd reason, the first player I thought of was Ben Davies.

About a 0.5% chance it was him, but to be fair, as a rumour it probably has more basis than most of the stuff you read from the likes of Nixon.

I’ve seen him at my local sainsburys in Cottam a few times…drives a lovely black Mercedes if that helps 👍🏻

4 minutes ago, BRFC_Polky said:

I’ve seen him at my local sainsburys in Cottam a few times…drives a lovely black Mercedes if that helps 👍🏻

I don't think it was a black Merc, sure it was silver (couldn't tell make from my rear view mirror).

Was mostly tongue-in-cheek, but it did turn left into the STC just behind me on Sat morning, whoever it was!

24 minutes ago, Andy said:

I don't think it was a black Merc, sure it was silver (couldn't tell make from my rear view mirror).

Was mostly tongue-in-cheek, but it did turn left into the STC just behind me on Sat morning, whoever it was!

Dacky maybe?

• Like 1

Boro have tonight bid £8m for Thomas Henry from Venezia, a real statement of intent, no wonder Lenihan moved.

All this whilst we work within our mid table wage structure with billionaire owners. 

• Like 1

I would look at Matt Clarke from Brighton. 

There are no links or rumours. Only they are prepared to loan him out every year.

He is a very competent Championship centre back. For the last 4 years where ever he has played he has been player of the year.

We've done business with Brighton before, so possibly a loan.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

Boro have tonight bid £8m for Thomas Henry from Venezia, a real statement of intent, no wonder Lenihan moved.

All this whilst we work within our mid table wage structure with billionaire owners. 

yes and if they don`t get promoted they are f*****d,seen it all before,very dangerous game to play,especially in the championship

1 hour ago, unleaded said:

JDT is STILL hoping to sign the bearded Wonder from Malmo …. Malmo trying to offer him a new contract but Berget is adamant for one last dance … 

Scored Yesterday and had an Assist ….See if the money men will allow the manager a 31 going on 32 to take on board … 
1CC3F68E-59B7-444A-B5BC-C3D804D7EFFF.jpeg.8d83c6837f727130e686397c241eaa57.jpegHe can player anywhere at the top and also as a Right wing back ….

Bearded Wonder !

If JDT wants him and thinks he would fit the way he wants to play and play a major part in our team then fair enough. Let's back his judgement and what he wants

1 hour ago, TruRover said:

I just can’t see us getting value in this… esp it Malmö are going to force a decent fee.

He has less than 5 months left on his contract so I think it would be a small fee to get him. 

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Those who think promotion is on the cards are in for a long season.

Why? 

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

None of the players mentioned thus far has BD in their number plate 👍

Do you know who this number plate was? 

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

The money coming from the Spence sale to Spurs for 20 million is how they are affording it. 

I have read that Thomas Henry wants to stay in Italy tho

9 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

yes and if they don`t get promoted they are f*****d,seen it all before,very dangerous game to play,especially in the championship

Best owner in the league, he’s seen it all before, a Boro version of Jack Walker.

Give me the Boro model over our poundshop mid table ambition any day of the week.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pomster said:

Like i’ve said, we wont sign anyone until BBD is sold

If that's true we are selling him why risk him in a friendly yesterday? Particularly after Dack was allegedly going to West Brom and got injured against Wigan. I agree we need to sell him but if that is the plan then playing him yesterday was bordering on lunacy.

Not to sure about Jo Inge Berget to be honest, have always been a talented football player. Never had the big breakthrough and flopped the last time he played in England. He has been decent for Malmø tough. I am mainly against this possible transfer because of his age.

Best memory of Berget is his two goals (one was ruled own goal later) against Croatia in a 2-0 win in the Euro qualification in 2015, he was excellent in that game.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Gav said:

pffft! still a shit shop.

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Both Berget and Birmančević played and scored yesterday for Malmö, which might suggest that even if they are on the cards, a deal would be some distance away.

swedish season finishes in early november,sure we can do some business to get both of them here

Edited by simongarnerisgod
spelling mistake

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

not exactly prolific is he,looks hard though,kind of bloke who scores the winner against the dingles and jumps in the crowd😊

He's more of a versatile winger than a striker. Has played up front. Looks a good player and bags of experience but he's 32 in September. Might be handy for a season or two if we can get him cheap.

• Like 1

Having an experienced 32 year old covering midfield, right back and up front isn't such a bad thing.

Birmancevic is one I'm sure JDT will want, but will he be backed? Looks a very good player who hasn't hit his prime yet.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Rovers just have to back JDT to make the signings he wants whether they be 18/19 year olds or 31/32 year olds.  Clearly, he has to get the age balance right with both signings and the squad.  Not to back him would be lunacy but then again, didn't we see something similar with Lambert!?

His demeanour is like a breath of fresh air after, IMO, that old sweaty jock strap of a manager Mowbray - a likeable guy who you are just willing to succeed.

Doesn't seem a signing to get the pulses racing but he's experienced and had 20 caps. May be he's the equivalent of Mowbray's Bennett - in the dressing room. Hopefully not the pitch.

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller
  • Like 2

The Berget link seems an obvious one, whether it is people putting 2 and 2 together or a genuine link seems unclear, Rich Sharpe seems particularly off the pulse lately and he put that comment about half an hour after it was suggested on here.

We need to have as many attacking options as we can with the option of 5 subs available which if we are to press could be even more important, whether Berget will be able to press as much as the years go by, I don't know.

There definitely could be value in Tomasson taking someone that he knows and trusts at the start of his reign, many managers do similar. His versatility could also be useful.

Few if any of us will have seen much of of him I guess, but some of the previously raised questions stand, is he immediately obtainable due to the Champions League qualifiers, his age is a plus and a minus as we need experience but about to turn 32 as an attacking player could be an issue physically, and his CV suggests that he has struggled away from Malmo.

We could do with getting a few in this week to get players settled but I won't be holding my breath.

Edited by roversfan99

44 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The Berget link seems an obvious one, whether it is people putting 2 and 2 together or a genuine link seems unclear, Rich Sharpe seems particularly off the pulse lately and he put that comment about half an hour after it was suggested on here.

If @unleadedsays we are interested in him then it is a genuine player we are interested in. 

45 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We could do with getting a few in this week to get players settled but I won't be holding my breath.

well given that JDT is away in Scotland with the majority of the week and will Gregg Broughton being going up there to watch games or still at Brockhall to bring in signings and other personal? 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

If @unleadedsays we are interested in him then it is a genuine player we are interested in. 

well given that JDT is away in Scotland with the majority of the week and will Gregg Broughton being going up there to watch games or still at Brockhall to bring in signings and other personal? 

If you say so.

Not a clue on the logistics, but I am sure they can work around it. We are ill prepared for the season so the sooner we improve the squad the better. There will always be at least a game a week now.